General Yuzuru Chat

I hope everyone here is not panicking over the recent quake off Miyagi.  It was JUST a 7.0.  I know you might be wondering about 'just' but you have to remember that the moment-magnitude scale used to measure seismic intensity is logarithmic, meaning that a 9.0 quake (3/11) is 100 times the strength of a 7.0.hg.  As far as Yuzu being present I presume he's already departed Japan, possibly several days ago in order to recover from jet lag and to deal with any quarantining regulations (although if he was smart about it, he'd have cycled into Stockholm time well before departing). 

As for his vulnerability to the virus while there I would imagine he is using a medical grade mask, the sort worn by doctors and nurses during surgical operations.  That plus social distancing should pretty well do the job.  [admin edit: speculation]

8 hours ago, Fay said:

I gathered he nearly changed his mind about the medical degree and was studying statistics now. 

Sorry to double back to this point in the conversation - but in the US you can get an undergraduate degree in whatever you want before medical school. Mine is in mathematics, for example, and I had a classmate who had a degree in art history. Nathan might be doing a statistics degree before he applies to med school.

Hopefully everyone is doing well in Miyagi, and safe travels to all of the competitors.

Mom and dad believe that Yuzu will arrive on Thursday, 10 minutes before the start of the final group in his private hotel UFO, already wearing his costume under his 100% isolating spacesuit. And he will not spend a single second more in the arena than necessary.

1 hour ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Is this new? 

The OP is just waiting for the news of his arrival, wondering if he will get there today.

Although I am in the western part of Tohoku and the seismic scale here was 4 out of 7, it was a long and scary earthquake. The Meteorological Agency considers it was an aftershock of 311. 
The number of injured reported so far is 8. Some areas in Miyagi went through a blackout, but the power is back on now if the info provided by the Tohoku Electric Power NW app is correct. Public transportation is greatly affected by the quake... Local trains and the Shinkansen to Tokyo are all suspended. Many flights have been canceled too. I hope Yuzu hasn't been affected by this, although he is less likely to be traveling in Japan now. I also hope his family and Ice Rink Sendai are Safe. Not sure how many satellites are in Miyagi, but I hope you guys are safe as well.

5 hours ago, Ladysci said:

It might be an aftershock of the bigger earthquake that occurred in Feb of this year. 

I meant the February earthquake was an afteshock of 3.11 too so maybe this one was an aftershock of it as well given both of them was over 7.0 magnitude.

1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

[NEWS]

It looks like some of Team Japan's skaters have landed in Stockholm, however, Yuzuru is not there.

Please post anything Worlds related news in the Worlds fluff thread and tag [NEWS] only if it is related to Yuzu. Thanks :) 

1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

[NEWS]

It looks like some of Team Japan's skaters have landed in Stockholm, however, Yuzuru is not there.

How are they all arriving together? They weren't all coming from the same place. Maybe they met up on layover?

I think Yuzu casually stroll in at the last moment and inform everyone that he's been in Stockholm for 2 weeks already, quarantining.

1 時間前, hananistellataさんが言いました:

[ニュース]

チームジャパンのスケーターの何人かがストックホルムに上陸したようですが、ゆずるはそこにいません。

First I thought this was the flight from Kansai Area, although Shoma might be from Nagoya.  But Yuma lives in Kanto.  Where is Yuzu ? :tumblr_inline_n18qr64W7F1qid2nw:

On 3/19/2021 at 11:40 PM, Sayu93 said:

I'm a bit of 2 minds about the ARD stream. On the one hand I don't want to give the ISU official viewership, On the other hand I do like the commentator and Aljona will be co-commenting on pairs as will Carolina Kostner on Ladies. except for practices they are streaming everything and we had such a long time with barely if any skating shown by the big broadcasters so I want to show the ARD that there is an audience for figure skating here in germany...

It's really great that ARD broadcasts figure skating live. :agree: Otherwise I watch videos on my laptop or smartphone.

Finally seeing Yuzu in large format on TV ... wow :love:

But the most important is, that all stay healthy :smiley-angelic001:

I have not seen this before (is from 2015) 

25 minutes ago, Anni said:

It's really great that ARD broadcasts figure skating live. :agree: Otherwise I watch videos on my laptop or smartphone.

Finally seeing Yuzu in large format on TV ... wow :love:

Ich habe nochmal nachgeschaut. Fernsehübertragung is auf ONE Streaming über Sportschau.de soweit ich das verstanden hab. Bis auf die Sachen am Wochenende (zB Kür Herren)die tatsächlich live scheinen, scheint die übertragung um ein bis 2 Stunden zeitversetzt zu sein. Die angegebenen Längen passen aber soweit z.B. 4h fürs Kurzprogramm der Frauen. Mit den Zeitversetzungen werden sie wahrscheinlich die Zamboni Pausen usw. rausschneiden Unter dem Artikel sind unten zeiten und streaming zeit aufgelistet. Im programm von ONE sind die Sendezeiten eingetragen.

Ohne Zuschauer - Stockholm erwartet Eiskunstlauf-Elite - Eiskunstlauf - Wintersport - sportschau.de

ETA:Eiskunstlauf-Weltmeisterschaften Stockholm 2021 - ONE | programm.ARD.de

sry for the german passage...just more stuff about broadcast/stream etc

46 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

How are they all arriving together? They weren't all coming from the same place. Maybe they met up on layover?

I think Yuzu casually stroll in at the last moment and inform everyone that he's been in Stockholm for 2 weeks already, quarantining.

It's a jest and of course unlikely, but actually it would not have been technically impossible. Because Japan is among the (few) non-European countries with no specific restriction to Sweden, and he had a motive to go there, and the 5-7 days quarantine doesn't necessarily consist in staying in an enclosed place, it's rather self isolation. And there was still a good deal of skateable ice in lakes around Stockholm, and there are guides who know to assess this skateability, for instance these ones :

https://iceguide.se/ice-skating-tours/private-ice-skating-day-tour/

(The end of their season was last Sunday).

So, if he could go to Sweden with someone who can drive (and cook) because of course he couldn't have been in the guides' car during his quarantine, he could have skated on natural ice during a few days (honeymoon with Ice chan) then rented private ice, there are so many rinks in Stockholm and around.

Sorry for going so wild with my imagination, and writing it to top the folly.

But I don't like when he has jet-lags, I worry for his health, etc.

If I’m Yuzu I’ll be so scared to breathe

Spoiler

Bruh why some athletes going and arriving maskless... why wtf... even at the damn airport what the hell??????.. yo I,,,,, I think I’m gonna pass out

i wanna buy oxygen tanks for the other athletes