General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, hananistellata said:

One of my friends just got their Be The Light photobook and the first thing they said is (and I quote)

"It smells like barbeque sauce

or like a new book".

😂. I'll have to re-smell mine, now to see 😂

On 3/16/2021 at 3:04 PM, Geo1 said:

Let’s get real for a moment. Haven’t any of you ever silently wished that a major rival of Yuzu, especially one who consistently gets over-scored, would screw up by falling, stepping out, popping a jump, etc.? I’m not talking about wishing an injury on anyone. Just wishing that they would have a non-injury causing fall or step out? Something that would force the judging panel to give less than a perfect score? If you never have, then you are a lot more altruistic than I am. I think that it is just human nature. Since this is a taboo subject on the Planet, I will keep such thoughts to myself. And I am not afraid of karma. I am already a quadriplegic.

Geo1.Me too. I am real. I am not afraid of karma. I think about it hundred of times. I don’t believe it. But I don’t care anymore. I will not watch anyway. Life is so difficult, so sad for millions of people around the world now during COVID 19, that this overscoring thing does looked more ridiculous to me compared with what happens to our life now.

Is it time for guess the layout?! haha I am so excited I cant sleep without thinking of a thousand possibilites that could happen. anyway, I actually like the fact that H&E has more breathing room than Origin so he could try to plan difficult jump even in the 2nd half. Also back then I always thought the hardest jump should be the starting jump, but his layout at gpf19 has 4loop at the beginning (lol we all know 4loop is hard). i feel like he has higher success with 4loop at judges' left side of the rink than the right, could be muscle memory. Also, I feel like if he could succeed at landing his first 6 jumps, his goe and pcs might suffer less even if final jump failed. So rather than putting the 4a at the front and fall, I feel like if he does the 4a at the end after succeeding his first 6 jumps it would be super unexpected and excited. I mean yes its risky but even if he falls, we know he could still podium. Its like saving the best for last. If he does the 4a at the beginning and fall, he might risk getting hurt and wasting a lot of energy. Yuzu usually sets the tone of his program with his first 3 jumps, if he lands the first 2 quads most likely he can land the rest bc he has stable 3a and 4t. In the 2nd half, he could try to stack the combos closer together and eliminate some of the transitional choreo like the back spiral before going into the final 4a. that would allow him more time to set up for nessie. 

A layout I would like to see him attempt but probably will never happen

4Loop

4Lutz 

3A3T (please get rid of counter entry it aint worth it)

twizzle 3A twizzle

4T2T

4Teuler3F  or 4T eul 3S

4A

but realistically I doubt he would go for this layout unless he was pushed to the corner. He might do something much closer to what he did at nationals if Nathan did not do as well in the sp but I dont see that happening given his score over the seasons and his consistency. I think as long as Nathan lands his jumps he wouldnt get less than 108 given his bv and reputation. And Nathan is someone who will also go all out at bigger competitions so he could do 5quads or even 6 if he must. but regardless of what Nathan will do in the free or in the short, I really think Yuzu should bring back his lutz and flips for his triples to not create unnecessary base value gap against Nathan. If its just bc he wants the feeling of wind that he does the 3loop then I think its not practical. He could easily do a 3 turn into a 3flip or even a twizle 3a, which imo would create the same effect. (but yeah idc if he loses here give me my nessie! 😭)

anyway, this is more of what I guess he might do at worlds. I think its close enough to his skate canada19 layout, which he succeeded.

4loop 

4Sal

3lz

3A

4t3T

4Teul3f

3A2T

33 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Is it time for guess the layout?! haha I am so excited I cant sleep without thinking of a thousand possibilites that could happen. anyway, I actually like the fact that H&E has more breathing room than Origin so he could try to plan difficult jump even in the 2nd half. Also back then I always thought the hardest jump should be the starting jump, but his layout at gpf19 has 4loop at the beginning (lol we all know 4loop is hard). i feel like he has higher success with 4loop at judges' left side of the rink than the right, could be muscle memory. Also, I feel like if he could succeed at landing his first 6 jumps, his goe and pcs might suffer less even if final jump failed. So rather than putting the 4a at the front and fall, I feel like if he does the 4a at the end after succeeding his first 6 jumps it would be super unexpected and excited. I mean yes its risky but even if he falls, we know he could still podium. Its like saving the best for last. If he does the 4a at the beginning and fall, he might risk getting hurt and wasting a lot of energy. Yuzu usually sets the tone of his program with his first 3 jumps, if he lands the first 2 quads most likely he can land the rest bc he has stable 3a and 4t. In the 2nd half, he could try to stack the combos closer together and eliminate some of the transitional choreo like the back spiral before going into the final 4a. that would allow him more time to set up for nessie. 

A layout I would like to see him attempt but probably will never happen

4Loop

4Lutz 

3A3T (please get rid of counter entry it aint worth it)

twizzle 3A twizzle

4T2T

4Teuler3F  or 4T eul 3S

4A

but realistically I doubt he would go for this layout unless he was pushed to the corner. He might do something much closer to what he did at nationals if Nathan did not do as well in the sp but I dont see that happening given his score over the seasons and his consistency. I think as long as Nathan lands his jumps he wouldnt get less than 108 given his bv and reputation. And Nathan is someone who will also go all out at bigger competitions so he could do 5quads or even 6 if he must. but regardless of what Nathan will do in the free or in the short, I really think Yuzu should bring back his lutz and flips for his triples to not create unnecessary base value gap against Nathan. If its just bc he wants the feeling of wind that he does the 3loop then I think its not practical. He could easily do a 3 turn into a 3flip or even a twizle 3a, which imo would create the same effect. (but yeah idc if he loses here give me my nessie! 😭)

anyway, this is more of what I guess he might do at worlds. I think its close enough to his skate canada19 layout, which he succeeded.

4loop 

4Sal

3lz

3A

4t3T

4Teul3f

3A2T

How fit would Yuzu have to be, to do the 4A at the end of his free skate? I mean, think about how fit he is already...where on earth could he possibly improve to get the extra stamina needed to hit a quad axel at that point of exhaustion? 

Although if he did do it, no one would ever, ever, ever be able argue against his G.O.A.T. status ever again. 

I just went to check on ISU twitter and was shocked to find almost all of their posts are about NC.They even had a post about his best costumes.I'm like what is happening here?Is this usfs twitter ?I know that judges always overscored him but atleast they always post about Yuzu especially nearing any competitions because he brings a lot of views and hits.But the pr for NC for this Worlds is so much.I understand if its from US media but from ISU media itself..its like they did n't care to hide their bias anymore.My theory is that their hoping by doing this excessive promo for him people will view him as the new figure skaters stars after Yuzuru retired.However i dont think they will achieve that..Even the russian ladies are more famous than him.Sorry if this inappropriate in this thread its just im so surprised how they are trying so hard to erased Yuzuru..not only during competition but in social media also

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

How fit would Yuzu have to be, to do the 4A at the end of his free skate? I mean, think about how fit he is already...where on earth could he possibly improve to get the extra stamina needed to hit a quad axel at that point of exhaustion? 

Although if he did do it, no one would ever, ever, ever be able argue against his G.O.A.T. status ever again. 

No way on the 4A.  He hasn't even seen his jump coach in person for over a year.  Ghislain would have a heart attack.   And no matter how mellow the music is, he's going to be tired at the end of his skate.  The 4A will take a lot of energy.  I don't want him hurt.  He doesn't want another injury.  Better to wait until he's had time to train in Toronto for a number of months and he can spring it on is next season.

1 hour ago, lynnidolz said:

My theory is that their hoping by doing this excessive promo for him people will view him as the new figure skaters stars after Yuzuru retired.However i dont think they will achieve that..Even the russian ladies are more famous than him.Sorry if this inappropriate in this thread its just im so surprised how they are trying so hard to erased Yuzuru..not only during competition but in social media also

Ya know...I agree with this to an extent. Full disclosure, I LIKE Nathan Chen. But when Yuzuru retires Nathan does not and will not have the same draw. Yuzuru is full package. Nathan is not. Maybe someday he will get better with artistry (Nathan), but he isnt there now and he doesnt have the same pull for me that Yuzuru does.

Artistry is hard. Some have an ear for music and incorporating it, others have to learn it.  The fact Yuzuru makes it seem so easy is a testament to it's difficulty. I think for some it's an innate gift. So when Yuzuru retires....it really is going to be so difficult. They can media play all they want, they cannot replace or artificially create and pull in the crowds Yuzuru has.

Now, none of this is a bash against Nathan, I do enjoy watching him skate, but it isnt the same.