Media Day 2018

4 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Apparently based on Plushenko's first Nijinsky costume.

I'm personally hoping for something similar, but sleeveless. Tight, black, high neck, no sleeves. It would really stand out. He could keep the gloves for protection during his baby hydroblade. :67638860:

And open back :10742290:

37 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Apparently based on Plushenko's first Nijinsky costume.

I'm personally hoping for something similar, but sleeveless. Tight, black, high neck, no sleeves. It would really stand out. He could keep the gloves for protection during his baby hydroblade. :67638860:

Yes please for this costume. But not sleeveless. I think it would stand out, but I don't feel like it would match the program's music and theme. 

48 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

Longer version( or not) but it’s so beautiful and makes my heart tremble watching it ( echoed Yuzu’s words on watching his idols’ s programs. I wonder who would pay tributes to Yuzu later on ( wait , little skaters did copy his Seimei costumes) and I doubt it would ever come close to his iconic programs in styles.

It got some moves and angles I didn't see before

7 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I thought this season and beyond is a bonus stage for Yuzu but I've got a feeling that it is rather a 強くてニューゲーム. When you've beaten the last boss and save the world in a game, you will get an option to start a new game with your last status (level 99 or something). This is that.:smiley-laughing021:

This is perfect! :D

7 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

A stag leap...no Hanyu leap...no a GOAT leap!!

dtQgfb0.jpg

This too! :D

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

Are we discussing his costume here? Yes for his sp please 

The tweet got deleted?

I think my favourites of the moves we've seen so far are: (And please forgive the lack of accurate terminology....)

1) hydroblade into sit spin. It just looked like such a smooth change of levels it makes for such a dynamic beautiful move!

2) backwards spiral. Because WOW

3) that moment where he makes that elegant hop right on time in the st(?) sq

4) that reaching forward with one arm then the other in beautiful full extension right on the beat!

I... Actually don't really like the hydroblade into the hanyu jump.... I'm in awe of how much skill and pure physicality it takes, but it just didn't look very pretty to me. something about the angle of his legs looked off to me. But I'm glad that so many others find it beautiful! 

7 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Oh so my eyes werent deceiving me it was actually landed forward!

I guess the most close one that jump could be called is a half axel or also called a bell jump, i was debating whether it's a one foot axel or that since yuzu immediately turn his landing foot once its on the ground so its hard to catch.

Technically, its a half axel, based on take off and landing, but since thats mostly used only in practice in order to master an axel, no one really make that move with a Gigantic Leap style. At least dont think anyone ever made it into a leap move? I could be wrong

Lets make it into a hanyu leap bc ive been dying of a move to be called by his name lol half axel leap is too long of a name anyway

2 hours ago, ruruzest said:

Longer version( or not) but it’s so beautiful and makes my heart tremble watching it ( echoed Yuzu’s words on watching his idols’ s programs. I wonder who would pay tributes to Yuzu later on ( wait , little skaters did copy his Seimei costumes) and I doubt it would ever come close to his iconic programs in styles.

The tributes will come, oh yes, but Plushy and Johnny are rather more blessed in that their tribute is by someone (in my biased eyes, okay, but even Plushenko has said it!) even greater than they were... just imagine how they will feel when they each see the programs for the first time.

I will miss Seimei - still and probably forever my best loved - but I am now truly honestly glad that he waited till just before season started to give us this glimpse.  Having this much of a taste a couple of months in advance, and then having to wait... would have been worse than the madness we were going through!

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic