General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

I'm glad he was super confident because on paper Shoma's SB or PB would have done it, albeit not by much. On the jumbotron they showed the skater's SB and how many points would be needed for the lead so I wasn't all that sure until he went splat on the first jump. And then there were other things he didn't quite do so well on that shaved away at his score too.    I was thinking of his planned content like

giphy.gif

I don't read too much into Yuzuru's statement. It was likely based on the protocols/scores he must have seen by then. Shoma wouldn't have won if he'd landed the 4Lo because even those lost points and a couple more in PCS wouldn't breach the difference Yuzuru had from the SP. The GOEs in Shoma's FS just weren't enough. 

At the same time, Shoma was of course right to think if he skated like his PBs, he'd win, because he'd make up the SP difference, but even outside of his 4Lo fall, he had very dodgy landings on other jumps anyway so that meant if everything remained equal, but with a landed 4Lo, it wouldn't have been enough to match his PB.

Of course, this was probably all in hindsight for Yuzu. :laughing: 

2 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Someone was wondering what Yuzu was wearing during that grocery store spotting so i asked lmao, don't mind me

He was probably in his usual emo practice clothes :winky:

That was me wondering. He lives in practice gear, I should have known better :1:

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

:peekapooh:why was i summoned?

to potentially update the rank list :peek:

1 hour ago, Danibellerika said:

I can see the argument for it, but I wasn't losing sleep over it either.  Too busy celebrating Yuzu being the GOAT and whatnot. 

1 hour ago, Mastyaeva said:

Sounds like a good status for a satellite :goe:

11 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

A new photobook with 96 pages, six different clear files and five postcards will be released :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

faowisjegoiwe seimei hydrooooo

seimei clear fiiiile

SMILEY POSTCAAAAAAARD

I NEED TO SAVE UP DAMN IT, JAPAN PLS STOP

8 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

I have a vague memory of him kind of pulling his leg almost all the way up and giving up, but very vague. I saw a photo of Yuzu's high kick in LGC now and it had full extension, almost a full split.

Well, not really worth the effort now, I guess, he already has very difficult spins.

It was one of Misha updated gala practice vids wasn't it? The fragment with Javi & Yuzu new elements for next season joke or something...

4 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

I saw that this video with the part about Shoma got translated.

I am so weak for his laugh :smiley-love017:

His laugh when he confirms that he knew he had won at the time of Shoma skating it's like the 'I'm cute, and this is sugar to ease your bitternes at the truth I'm spilling for you, lol, sorry, honey.' type of proclamation. Also, isn't this kind of a psuchological move on both all the antis saying he's passe, AND Shoma to push him a bit closer to the level Yuzu himself is on? Wouldn't be surprised tbh, with Yuzu everything is possible I guess...

Also, our reactions to new merch rn are either 'ME WANNA GIMME GIMME, BYE BYE MONEY" ot "UGHHHH, I wanna but wallet says nope T.T' there is no inbetween xD

6 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I wasn't sure either because with a new SB (the score he got at Lombardia) he could have gone into 1st place. Then he fell on the 4Lo and the realistic side of my brain knew that he wasn't going to win, but my panicky and exhausted side of my mind couldn't stop being worried because his FS seemed like ten minutes long and with 2-3 jumping passes more :laughing: (just because he put all three combos in the second half and he landed them all except for the 4T combo with minus GOE)

Then I saw his score and that Yuzuru won the gold medal and I started to cry for minutes.  It was very emotional....I felt a huge relief. The Olympic experience was more relaxing actually, the atmosphere of the competition felt calm compared to the Helsinki madness. :laughing:

I was in the same boat. I knew Shoma’s SB could have him at second and logically that once he missed the loop it was over, but I still needed the scores to come out - didn’t want to get too far ahead of myself. 

I was also much much more nervous in Helsinki, I think because Yuzu just appeared so calm at the Olympics it somehow also calmed me (and I didn’t have to worry about a 5th place SP, but after having been at Boston and ACI I knew a lot could happen during the free). I don’t think i started crying until I saw Yuzu’s face on the screen when the scores showed that he had won. There was so much emotion on his face that it made me emotional too. 

Those will be sold only at Yuzuru Hanyu Photo Exhibit http://yomiuri-photo.com/yh/

If any of you come to Ci or Sendai parade, you can visit Exhibit which will be held at Tokyo Takashimaya April 11-23.

Just I'm worried they will be sold out very quickly. Perhaps I should go as soon as possible:pouty:

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

A new photobook with 96 pages, six different clear files and five postcards will be released :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

9 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

I saw that this video with the part about Shoma got translated.

I am so weak for his laugh :smiley-love017:

Such a cute laugh :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I love how confident he was to state his claim on the gold medal and politely denied all possible 'what-ifs' without putting down others. 

I wonder if he ever had any lingering thought after his score was announced that Shoma may beat him since the latter skates after him in the FS. However, he does look quite confident and satisfied with his score at the kiss & cry

11 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Such a cute laugh :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I love how confident he was to state his claim on the gold medal and politely denied all possible 'what-ifs' without putting down others. 

I wonder if he ever had any lingering thought after his score was announced that Shoma may beat him since the latter skates after him in the FS. However, he does look quite confident and satisfied with his score at the kiss & cry

He said his reaction at the end of his skate was because he knew he did enough to win it all. 

Since the topic came up I'll describe my own experience and reaction that night..

I wasn't into FS during Sochi- I only became a fan in 2016 and since then I'd been wondering how crazily I'd react to seeing him win the Olympics. I thought I'd have to wait until the last skater's score to suddenly freak out but it was nothing like that.

After Seimei finished, I was stressed about the two tiny mistakes he had made since I knew his main rivals had the benefit of skating last and Javier was only 4 points behind him. I was too anxious to keep watching so I just closed the stream and totally missed Javi's performance. I found out through reading the Planet that his TES wasn't enough because of the pop and I was partially relieved.

Then I knew Shoma needed 213 and I remember googling his PB and finding out it was 214. I thought he could do it because they'd gone crazy with Chen's LP score before- and my :salty: about that came back for a moment.

But I kept reading the Planet and suddenly after Shoma fell, everyone announced Yuzu as the OGM. I was in disbelief but I slowly started convincing myself satellites' assessment was right and I opened my stream again only when I was sure Zu would win.

I didn't want to get my hopes until I saw the actual results. The Yuna 2014 scandal made me believe that ISU didn't like the idea of a back-to-back Olys champion so, even if the last two skaters had made mistakes, more than anything I was scared they'd inflate their PCs/GOEs and that'd make the difference.

I opened the stream just after Shoma finished skating. All of the anxiety and worry went away once they showed the scores and Yuzu crying which made me tear up too. And seeing all the celebrations afterwards just felt surreal and too good to be true :knc_yuzu1: