General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

I saw that this video with the part about Shoma got translated.

I am so weak for his laugh :smiley-love017:

So cute. So polite even though trying to say “yeah I still will beat him even if he landed the 4lo he ain’t got nothing on me.”  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

43 minutes ago, Sammie said:

So cute. So polite even though trying to say “yeah I still will beat him even if he landed the 4lo he ain’t got nothing on me.”  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I'm glad he was super confident because on paper Shoma's SB or PB would have done it, albeit not by much. On the jumbotron they showed the skater's SB and how many points would be needed for the lead so I wasn't all that sure until he went splat on the first jump. And then there were other things he didn't quite do so well on that shaved away at his score too.    I was thinking of his planned content like

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

I'm glad he was super confident because on paper Shoma's SB or PB would have done it, albeit not by much. On the jumbotron they showed the skater's SB and how many points would be needed for the lead so I wasn't all that sure until he went splat on the first jump. And then there were other things he didn't quite do so well on that shaved away at his score too.    I was thinking of his planned content like

giphy.gif

When Shoma fell on the 4Lo I knew the deal was done, but still I didn't celebrate until I saw he was in second place meaning Yuzuru had won.

1 minute ago, Hanmgse said:

When Shoma fell on the 4Lo I knew the deal was done, but still I didn't celebrate until I saw he was in second place meaning Yuzuru had won.

Yeah I felt like we wouldn't be in for a nail biter after the fall (though of course waited to see Yuzu in #1 until I lost my ****), but I love Shoma so I still wanted him on the podium, hoping he was doing enough to keep his spot, lol. 

Just now, Danibellerika said:

Yeah I felt like we wouldn't be in for a nail biter after the fall (though of course waited to see Yuzu in #1 until I lost my ****), but I love Shoma so I still wanted him on the podium, hoping he was doing enough to keep his spot, lol. 

I was actually more surprised he was 2nd and over Javi. My mom likes Javi a lot so she was angry :rofl:

1 minute ago, Danibellerika said:

I can see the argument for it, but I wasn't losing sleep over it either.  Too busy celebrating Yuzu being the GOAT and whatnot. 

haha same, that night I only slept like three/four hours and the next day I spent it watching news about his win and enjoying  :dancingpooh:

Just now, Hanmgse said:

haha same, that night I only slept like three/four hours and the next day I spent it watching news about his win and enjoying  :dancingpooh:

We had to get to medals plaza which took hours and was a hassle and a half. Then we had to get back to seoul on the same night.  We got back around 1am and I crashed the entire day. We woke up and they were playing the men so we re-watched it. 

1 hour ago, Danibellerika said:

I'm glad he was super confident because on paper Shoma's SB or PB would have done it, albeit not by much. On the jumbotron they showed the skater's SB and how many points would be needed for the lead so I wasn't all that sure until he went splat on the first jump. And then there were other things he didn't quite do so well on that shaved away at his score too.   I was thinking of his planned content like

I wasn't sure either because with a new SB (the score he got at Lombardia) he could have gone into 1st place. Then he fell on the 4Lo and the realistic side of my brain knew that he wasn't going to win, but my panicky and exhausted side of my mind couldn't stop being worried because his FS seemed like ten minutes long and with 2-3 jumping passes more :laughing: (just because he put all three combos in the second half and he landed them all except for the 4T combo with minus GOE)

Then I saw his score and that Yuzuru won the gold medal and I started to cry for minutes.  It was very emotional....I felt a huge relief. The Olympic experience was more relaxing actually, the atmosphere of the competition felt calm compared to the Helsinki madness. :laughing:

10 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I wasn't sure either because with a new SB (the score he got at Lombardia) he could have gone into 1st place. Then he fell on the 4Lo and the realistic side of my brain knew that he wasn't going to win, but my panicky and exhausted side of my mind couldn't stop being worried because his FS seemed like ten minutes long and with 2-3 jumping passes more :laughing: (just because he put all three combos in the second half and he landed them all except for the 4T combo with minus GOE)

Then I saw his score and that Yuzuru won the gold medal and I started to cry for minutes.  It was very emotional....I felt a huge relief. The Olympic experience was more relaxing actually, the atmosphere of the competition felt calm compared to the Helsinki madness. :laughing:

Though I was calculating, I was still fairly relaxed with Shoma.  I guess because as long as Yuzu won I was willing to not be too upset if I didn't get what I wanted elsewhere lol.  

Honestly I didn't completely remember my reaction to his win until I uploaded my videos.  I knew I cried, but that maniacal screaming/laughing/crying that came with it for minutes afterward...it's no wonder I was out of breath. I promise that usually only happens with proper exercise :laughing: .  The Olympic experience wasn't the most stressful but at the same time I could tell the atmosphere meant more than anything else. I think part of it for me was Yuzu's confidence and the fact that I was on the tail end of a tour of asia so I was bound to be a little tired. With helsinki I was there for one thing and I was in Boston the year before (only for the free) so I wasn't sure what I would get.  I enjoyed both experiences so much overall though.