Team Russia

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Er.. no, it’s a word salad in Russian too. I will give a literal translation thereof for everyone to see. 

— У меня уважение вызывают те тренеры, которые пашут и воспитывают учеников, а не плетут интрижки и переманивают спортсменов, не приемлю этих методов. Как я уже сказал, слово порядочность здесь не применимо от слова совсем. Мерзко это все. Там вот Джонни Вейр только что сказал, что продлевает карьеру в профессиональном фигурном катании. Что уж там, давайте все сразу станем ангелами на коньках. И Юдзуру, и Джонни, пусть всех забирает. Ну не получится в спорте, так сразу в шоу трудоустроят. (смеется)

I respect those coaches who work and train their pupil, not those who intrigue and lure athletes, I cannot stand those methods. As I said, the word “decency” isn’t applicable to this occasion at all. It’s all disgusting. Johnny Weir recently said that he’s continuing his career in professional figure skating. Ok, let’s all become skating angels (referring to Plushenko Angels). Yuzuru, Johnny, let him (Plushenko) take them all. If they (or he?) fail in sport, they will find a career in shows. 

Yuzuru a complete failure in sport? That takes the whole load of biscuits... as does his only hope for the future - to be taken on to Plushenko’s shows. 
I want to know what drugs he was on when he said all that. 

......why drag Yuzu into this? I guess that shows how important he is, his name is just included in word salads nowadays :smiley-laughing021:

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Uhm...why randomly drag Yuzu into this? I guess that just shows how ubiquitous and important he is, his name is just included in word salads nowadays :smiley-laughing021:

Yeah, one indispensable ingredient in FS word salads is Yuzuru Hanyu, it seems. We should start throwing a cookbook together. THIS is sure to be a huge success. 

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Er.. no, it’s a word salad in Russian too. I will give a literal translation thereof for everyone to see. 

— У меня уважение вызывают те тренеры, которые пашут и воспитывают учеников, а не плетут интрижки и переманивают спортсменов, не приемлю этих методов. Как я уже сказал, слово порядочность здесь не применимо от слова совсем. Мерзко это все. Там вот Джонни Вейр только что сказал, что продлевает карьеру в профессиональном фигурном катании. Что уж там, давайте все сразу станем ангелами на коньках. И Юдзуру, и Джонни, пусть всех забирает. Ну не получится в спорте, так сразу в шоу трудоустроят. (смеется)

I respect those coaches who work and train their pupil, not those who intrigue and lure athletes, I cannot stand those methods. As I said, the word “decency” isn’t applicable to this occasion at all. It’s all disgusting. Johnny Weir recently said that he’s continuing his career in professional figure skating. Ok, let’s all become skating angels (referring to Plushenko Angels). Yuzuru, Johnny, let him (Plushenko) take them all. If they (or he?) fail in sport, they will find a career in shows. 

Yuzuru a complete failure in sport? That takes the whole load of biscuits... as does his only hope for the future - to be taken on to Plushenko’s shows. 
I want to know what drugs he was on when he said all that. 

What I understand (in English) is that if he doesn't manage to improve (or at least maintain, for Alexandra Trusova) his new pupils' level, he will be able to recruit them for shows (instead of making them win championships), and have also Yuzuru Hanyu and Johnny Weir in these shows.

Which I see as an angry way of showing little confidence in Plushenko School ability, no more. (Plus the initial reproach of "indecency" of course, quite expected.)

3 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

What I understand (in English) is that if he doesn't manage to improve (or at least maintain, for Alexandra Trusova) his new pupils' level, he will be able to recruit them for shows (instead of making them win championships), and have also Yuzuru Hanyu and Johnny Weir in these shows.

Which I see as an angry way of showing little confidence in Plushenko School ability, no more. (Plus the initial reproach of "indecency" of course, quite expected.)

You try too hard to make sense of what is a really incomprehensible mash of words in the original. 

3 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

I know absolutely nothing of this man. Do you think he drinks?

No idea. I know he thinks of himself as a great choreographer and regularly puts out Eteri girls dancing his choreography in the gym. That's it.