Team Russia

3 hours ago, Fay said:

This is brilliant - shall we play for a while? 

I insulted Averbukh because I wanted to skate to Sex Bomb! 

My Russian drama is that I betrayed Plushenko because I wanted to skate to Sex Bomb. :ohmygod:

Trust me. Nobody wants me to skate to Sex Bomb, self included.

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

She literally says in your link that she doesn't think it's important which coach goes with her to competition, so it doesn't sound like she prefers Eteri really.

And "Why did you let Alina win?" in no world / to no sane person implies "Why didn't you keep Alina in juniors?"; to say that Evgenia asked her this in the k&c is just an outright lie to get people to hate Evgenia on Eteri's part.

She implies clearly she prefers when it is Eteri Tutberidze.

We don't know why Eteri Tutberidze understood Evgenia Medvedeva this way. Though Evgenia Medvedeva did express the wish Alina Zagitova should have been prevented from winning. Of course one cannot assert this was her firm opinion, as there was all the emotion of the "defeat" and the tiredness after her program.

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

She implies clearly she prefers when it is Eteri Tutberidze.

It sounded like she was only trying not to imply a lack of appreciation to me. Cuz we all know Eteri likes to be praised by her students.

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Though Evgenia Medvedeva did express the wish Alina Zagitova should have been prevented from winning. Of course one cannot assert this was her firm opinion, as there was all the emotion of the "defeat" and the tiredness after her program.

It could have meant something very different, for example Eteri not letting Evgenia upgrade her tech and telling her that she would still win if she skated clean. Of course, that turned out to be wrong. And of course, it remains a mystery if Evgenia could have been able to do so in the first place, but she probably would have taken the risk if she knew she would lose to a clean Alina.  To Eteri, though, she probably wanted  Evgenia to skate clean and win in case Alina did not deliver. Both skaters skating risky programs may have meant she loses out on the OGM entirely.

Thank you for posting Plushenko interview, Yuzuangel. Very enlightening. He seems determined to invest himself a lot in being a coach, I respect that. Maybe performing in shows became  kind of physically tiring for Plush, after all, he is at an age when old and drastic injuries start to take a toll and nobody is getting any younger, so isn`t he. It could be a life changer for him, remember how Yuna came in Orser`s life and practically made a coach out of him, eventhough he himself never envisaged this type of a career at that time. Well, Trusova is not Yuna, but times are different and I may be guilty of comparing apples and oranges, thugh as a french saying argues, comparaison n`est pas raison, there is no logic in comparing.

12 часов назад, yuzuangel сказал:

Tbh before this drama, I had NOT heard of Sergey Rozanov AT ALL. And now i'm learning he's responsible for all the quads and 3As?! Which, tbh, Eteri gets ALL the credit for? No wonder he wants to leave! I read this interview

Well, of course Plush would praise his new coach, but only time will tell, I'm sure Eteri still has other good coaches. But it would be great for the sport if we can have other strong school with young coach in the future.

13 часов назад, Fay сказал:

This is brilliant - shall we play for a while? 

I insulted Averbukh because I wanted to skate to Sex Bomb! 

I switched to Mishin cuz he moved to Canada :smiley-shocked032:

57 minutes ago, Fay said:

Oh dear, Eteri seems to have delegated the task of throwing dirt into Sasha and her new coaches to her helpers. 
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/reviews/chto-zhdet-aleksandru-trusovu-v-shkole-evgeniya-plyuschenko-intervyu-horeografa-alekseya-zheleznyakova-1670695/

I only could read it with google translate and there is a paragtaph about Weir and Yuzuru that I could not figure out what to make of it, something about `let us be all angels with skates` and `they hire a show`or something. Could some gentle soul here knowlegeable of Russian to enlighten us? thanks!

7 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

I only could read it with google translate and there is a paragtaph about Weir and Yuzuru that I could not figure out what to make of it, something about `let us be all angels with skates` and `they hire a show`or something. Could some gentle soul here knowlegeable of Russian to enlighten us? thanks!

Er.. no, it’s a word salad in Russian too. I will give a literal translation thereof for everyone to see. 

— У меня уважение вызывают те тренеры, которые пашут и воспитывают учеников, а не плетут интрижки и переманивают спортсменов, не приемлю этих методов. Как я уже сказал, слово порядочность здесь не применимо от слова совсем. Мерзко это все. Там вот Джонни Вейр только что сказал, что продлевает карьеру в профессиональном фигурном катании. Что уж там, давайте все сразу станем ангелами на коньках. И Юдзуру, и Джонни, пусть всех забирает. Ну не получится в спорте, так сразу в шоу трудоустроят. (смеется)

I respect those coaches who work and train their pupil, not those who intrigue and lure athletes, I cannot stand those methods. As I said, the word “decency” isn’t applicable to this occasion at all. It’s all disgusting. Johnny Weir recently said that he’s continuing his career in professional figure skating. Ok, let’s all become skating angels (referring to Plushenko Angels). Yuzuru, Johnny, let him (Plushenko) take them all. If they (or he?) fail in sport, they will find a career in shows. 

Yuzuru a complete failure in sport? That takes the whole load of biscuits... as does his only hope for the future - to be taken on to Plushenko’s shows. 
I want to know what drugs he was on when he said all that. 

9 minutes ago, Fay said:

Ну не получится в спорте, так сразу в шоу трудоустроят.

I think he's talking about the young skaters in Plushenko's group

Thank you, Fay, yeah, seems like the guy is using some powerful stuff, the phrasing and the gist of it shows that way. Otherways, just putting Yuzuru`s name in the mix for non-detectable logical reasons would fit the bill.