Team Russia

2 hours ago, mercedes said:

I guess younger as In training a quad when you’re 14 or something like this,Max Ambesi was saying it btw now of course he can be wrong .Frankly while I think is hard I hope she does it!

If anyone has the determination to get there, it's her for sure.

13 minutes ago, memae said:

I didn't mean anything in regards to competition, just the possibility of getting a quad this late in her career. 

Possibly not happening, but I still think it pretty admirable she doesn’t just give up. 

14 hours ago, Fay said:

This must be the only time I enjoyed listening to TSL - my god, this is just stuff for them. You’ve no idea how it feels being in the middle of the shitstorm here and seeing our venerated coaches arrange a comedy show for the rest of the world. It might not be over yet, stay tuned! 

I was particularly taken with Mishin's attitude, he's trying to stay out of it and had some salty words for the whole mess.

15 hours ago, IULIANA said:

Determination is not enough to fight internationally with all the japanese, korean, american, and fellow russian girls landing quads and 3Axels. Love cant conquer quite all.

Nope, but if she can hang in for a year or two and stay within striking distance of the top, an opportunity might open up for her. Also, why on earth do people think you have to get quads young? The very first ratified quad

toe was jumped by a guy who was already 22 years old - a veritable uncle in today's terms. 

Probably like most sports skills, age only matters a small amount. If you have the muscle and physique and stamina and are able to retrain muscle memory to learn the skill, there's no good reason for it to be impossible for any age skater. 

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Nope, but if she can hang in for a year or two and stay within striking distance of the top, an opportunity might open up for her. Also, why on earth do people think you have to get quads young? The very first ratified quad

toe was jumped by a guy who was already 22 years old - a veritable uncle in today's terms. 

Probably like most sports skills, age only matters a small amount. If you have the muscle and physique and stamina and are able to retrain muscle memory to learn the skill, there's no good reason for it to be impossible for any age skater. 

It’s not age per se it’s your body I guess.Learning a jump even just a double when you are lighter and with a body without hips or boobs probably helps you. I guess learning the correct technique at a young age can them help you use that technique with a very different body tipe when you grow up.

Starting from zero now it’s a completely different matter ,but who knows?

I agree tho if she hangs there a chance may happen ,somebody posted  Russian ladies SB on Twitter and she was fourth after all.

Also she seems to still benefit from her fed favor so we’ll see.

If anybody other than Eteri trio can get to the team, Zhenya (if clean) have bigger chances than Liza... but at least one of them has to make multiple mistakes for that and even then only 1-2 guarantee the spot, third spot is decided by the council after all... I can't imagine them leaving out Sasha or Kosto tbh, and Anna is national champion, really if she doesn't bomb it's also no way someone else goes, if their priority for this season is podium sweep.

30 minutes ago, airi said:

If anybody other than Eteri trio can get to the team, Zhenya (if clean) have bigger chances than Liza... but at least one of them has to make multiple mistakes for that and even then only 1-2 guarantee the spot, third spot is decided by the council after all... I can't imagine them leaving out Sasha or Kosto tbh, and Anna is national champion, really if she doesn't bomb it's also no way someone else goes, if their priority for this season is podium sweep.

Considering that Liza is apparently jumping the 4T already and she has 3A quite consistent, she might get so ahead in TES that Zhenya cannot catch up, no matter how much PCS they give her. With her, is still a question if she managed to fix her flutz. If she wants to still have a chance at some point, she needs to up her tech content, this is the trend now and she's getting left behind on this (even without quads and triple Axel, she hasn't maxed out on tech). Even Alena needed Sasha Trusova to make mistakes in order to win at GPF. It's very hard to beat her technical score if she skates a 4 quad program clean. Everybody seems to have understood it at this point, the fact that Zhenya doesn't do it probably means that she cannot at the moment (either because of health or lack of strength), as I don't think she would not want it. But with what's coming behind in terms of ladies in Russia, if by next year she cannot get top 3, not even the favors of Tatiana Tarasova can put her in the team for the Worlds.

26 minutes ago, vd_turnan said:

Considering that Liza is apparently jumping the 4T already and she has 3A quite consistent, she might get so ahead in TES that Zhenya cannot catch up, no matter how much PCS they give her. With her, is still a question if she managed to fix her flutz. If she wants to still have a chance at some point, she needs to up her tech content, this is the trend now and she's getting left behind on this (even without quads and triple Axel, she hasn't maxed out on tech). Even Alena needed Sasha Trusova to make mistakes in order to win at GPF. It's very hard to beat her technical score if she skates a 4 quad program clean. Everybody seems to have understood it at this point, the fact that Zhenya doesn't do it probably means that she cannot at the moment (either because of health or lack of strength), as I don't think she would not want it. But with what's coming behind in terms of ladies in Russia, if by next year she cannot get top 3, not even the favors of Tatiana Tarasova can put her in the team for the Worlds.

She can't catch up technically, yes...(even 3lz in SP didn't work for her, as we know... even backloading the combo...), but if she's clean at Nats she is gonna get a big boost. Liza has much lower chances of going clean especially if she tries 4T, but that may be her only chance.

Still, for them making the team Eteri girls have to bomb.