Team Russia

2 hours ago, NorthernGrace01 said:

This behaviour from the Russian coaches/ex-coaches is unacceptable, they're supposed to be grown ups but are acting like children.

They do not deserve the attention their immature squabbling is getting. 

Of course you're correct. On the other hand, it is hard to ignore because of what it says about the way they do things. 

Maybe this Eteri drama will work against her with Nats scoring. I mean, she's come out guns blazing for some of Russia's most beloved skating figures and now it looks like what happened to the adored Zhenya is happening to the adored Alina. So many people sided with Eteri's camp over the Zhenya thing and there was all sorts of attitude about Zhenya being ungrateful and jealous because Alina came in and took her crown. Now, a year later, it's happening to Alina - perhaps people might now retrospectively change their minds about what happened with Zhenya. If people side with the skaters rather than the camp... well, maybe Zhenya and Tukta will benefit from sympathetic politicking at Nats. 

This drama is interesting in itself but it is exceptionally so given that it's unfolding a matter of days out from nationals.

6 минут назад, memae сказал:

Maybe this Eteri drama will work against her with Nats scoring. I mean, she's come out guns blazing for some of Russia's most beloved skating figures and now it looks like what happened to the adored Zhenya is happening to the adored Alina. So many people sided with Eteri's camp over the Zhenya thing and there was all sorts of attitude about Zhenya being ungrateful and jealous because Alina came in and took her crown. Now, a year later, it's happening to Alina - perhaps people might now retrospectively change their minds about what happened with Zhenya. If people side with the skaters rather than the camp... well, maybe Zhenya and Tukta will benefit from sympathetic politicking at Nats. 

This drama is interesting in itself but it is exceptionally so given that it's unfolding a matter of days out from nationals.

I don't think it will influence the results. Fans may change their attitude, but the judges will be practical. The Eteri girls have the highest chances to podium at EC and WC, so they will remain favourites.

And I will not be surprised, if TAT commentates on the ladies' event, if she then praises the trio to heaven. She is outspoken and opinionated, but a job is a job. And Yags will follow her lead.

Very true, I hadn't thought of  that. It also would seem cruel for Eteri's girls to be scored poorly because of something far beyond their control. I do wonder if Tukta and Zhenya might still get a bit of inflation out of it though - Zhenya doesn't have the BV for that to get her on the podium without someone stuffing up badly though, although a clean Tukta could possibly pull through with a medal.  

Neither Medvedeva  nor Zagitova were able to technically up their ante, or the desire and possibly ability to do it so none of them both would have any real chance to podium, unless heavily supported by inflated PCS, which both benefited from all along. So much as I dont particularly like the 3A from Eteri camp, they bring something, each on their own, even Tuktamysheva is trying, so... 

37 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

Neither Medvedeva  nor Zagitova were able to technically up their ante, or the desire and possibly ability to do it so none of them both would have any real chance to podium, unless heavily supported by inflated PCS, which both benefited from all along. So much as I dont particularly like the 3A from Eteri camp, they bring something, each on their own, even Tuktamysheva is trying, so... 

Medvedeva might bring along her 4S this time. If she includes the 4S and goes clean in both her programs and one of the Trio bombed, she might be able to podium. Who knows. :winky:  Really looking forward to her skating though, her mental state has been great since leaving Eteri. 

7 minutes ago, MatchaBeans said:

Medvedeva might bring along her 4S this time.

Boy oh boy, she herself dismissed this possibility when brought up by the press. Even with some annoyment. Her jump technique  is already so much arms and upper body forced than there is no way to pull a quad of any kind. That is why TCC people are declaratively trying to change her way to jump and hoping to teach her differently.

Also it’s very hard (nearly impossible it seems)to get a quad so late ,Tuk didn’t start few months ago she’s been training it on and off for years it seems .

Everything can happen ice is slippery after all but it’s going to be very very hard.

Medo is very loved so hopefully she’ll use that positive energy to feel even stronger!

This must be the only time I enjoyed listening to TSL - my god, this is just stuff for them. You’ve no idea how it feels being in the middle of the shitstorm here and seeing our venerated coaches arrange a comedy show for the rest of the world. It might not be over yet, stay tuned! 

51 minutes ago, mercedes said:

Also it’s very hard (nearly impossible it seems)to get a quad so late ,Tuk didn’t start few months ago she’s been training it on and off for years it seems .

Everything can happen ice is slippery after all but it’s going to be very very hard.

Medo is very loved so hopefully she’ll use that positive energy to feel even stronger!

Zhenya is a few years younger too, though whether she remains competing until she's 23 and has been learning and training a quad for 3 or 4 years is a big question. It seems she certainly has the drive to keep at it but whether that remains possible/practical when she's not making podiums is anyone's guess at the moment.

3 minutes ago, memae said:

Zhenya is a few years younger too, though whether she remains competing until she's 23 and has been learning and training a quad for 3 or 4 years is a big question. It seems she certainly has the drive to keep at it but whether that remains possible/practical when she's not making podiums is anyone's guess at the moment.

I guess younger as In training a quad when you’re 14 or something like this,Max Ambesi was saying it btw now of course he can be wrong .Frankly while I think is hard I hope she does it!

anyhow as Fay just said RusFed definitely knows how too keep things entertaining I’m almost tempted to go watch T*L  lol

its almost like a soap opera 🤪

1 hour ago, Fay said:

This must be the only time I enjoyed listening to TSL - my god, this is just stuff for them. You’ve no idea how it feels being in the middle of the shitstorm here and seeing our venerated coaches arrange a comedy show for the rest of the world. It might not be over yet, stay tuned! 

Pleeeeeease tell us the stuff that hasn't made the English speaking fandom yet... :snonegai: