Team Russia

1 hour ago, airi said:

I think 'taking a break' in Russian ladies skating may in fact mean 'retire'... I hope she comes back, for herself, she is only 17, for gods sake... But can she come back to train with Eteri after that? Doubtful.

Just 17. In any other country she'd be considered an up and comer...  if she eventually does officially *retire* (is Adelina still on a break? lol) well, an Olympic and World title are pretty darn good results to rest on. Like Julia and Evgenia, Alina has now graduated from her club... with Med refusing to really graduate *properly* as in, accept retirement gracefully.

But, maybe this is all worth it to these young girls? Alina is now set up with a chance at a great income for many years... Med too. So, maybe while it seems to us like it's just a factory producing pre pubescent champions, the fact that they win their titles and then can go on to have lucrative show careers makes their relatively short shelf life worth it? I am not them, or in their shoes, so I have no idea.

And 30% she pays to Eteri? Wow.

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

She is NOT coming back, it’s just a euphemism for retiring. A euphemism that will let Eteri’s team milk her (she pays off 30 percent at least to Eteri out of ALL her profits). 

I am angry, sad and disgusted. I don’t like her skating, but this is way more outrageous than what happened to Zhenya. 

As long as she is taking a break and she is not officially retired, Eteri gets 30% of all her profits? Wow. It doesn't sound right at all. 

I feel sorry for her, really, she is only 17. It was sad to see her at GPF when she announced she wouldn't skate at the gala...it was like she knew what was coming for her.

I wish her all the best, though whatever she choses to do in the next chapter of her life.

So another talented young girl chewed and spitted out by Sambo ... poor Alina ... and those nasty rumors that she is lazy and wtf more ... I'm really afraid for Kosto, too .. she is well and okay now but she's already starting to look a little too grown up for them, who knows what's gonna be in a year or two ... ugh ... and btw what happened with Erokhov ... what about him ...

22 minutes ago, Elaine said:

I also highly doubt Alina would ever come back to competitions; maybe she will attend test skate or Russian GP like Sotnikova did in 2015. 

If she does, it'll be under another coach, of that I'm sure. 

But maybe she's lost her zeal for competition. She doesn't seem to have the same fire of defiance in her that Zhenya does. 

Well, at this rate, who wants to lay odds that none of this year's crop of Eteri girls makes it to Beijing (WADA ban notwithstanding)?

how sad this is really,I've always tried to keep a clear head about Eteri and her method mainly because I'm here and not there with them everyday but it's harder and harder to do so.

it looks like everyday more like a chain factory and it's not fair for all these girls.,and as slong as she has this kind of results nobody will put a stop to it.

Ah well Alina have a good life child,you still have an OGM in your pocket!

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

If she does, it'll be under another coach, of that I'm sure. 

But maybe she's lost her zeal for competition. She doesn't seem to have the same fire of defiance in her that Zhenya does. 

If that indeed happens, lets hope the break-up could end a bit more gracefully:sign0009:

Anyways I always feel skaters should only skate for their own wish. It's brave to continue skating after achieving everything, but its another story if you are being convinced to continue. From this aspect I think she made a wise decision. 

5 минут назад, Elaine сказал:

From this aspect I think she made a wise decision. 

It's hard to say if it was Alina's decision or if she was forced to make one. Though I think she didn't have a chance to be on team anyway and now we have this nice picture on the outside, but who knows what's happening inside.

Alina Zagitova: I know the price of victory

https://fs-gossips.com/alina-zagitova-i-know-the-price-of-victory/

Alina: I want to have a motivation to go compete. Now a feeling that I want to go on the ice and show maximum … there is such, but still it comes from training. To win, you need to get up at 6 in the morning and work at the rink until 9 in the evening. I’m tired of this regime and I want to take part in shows for a while, see what I can do there, I want to find a desire to compete, zeal for it.

I know the price of victory and how to prepare for it. This is a tremendous work. Probably an athlete who went through this will understand me.

Now have everything in my life, but something should always be lacking. I to return the condition when I want to compete. When I trained after the Games, I also wanted to quit, but I realized that I like trainings. It was a very difficult period, and so is this season. Coaches helped me a lot, they found words of motivation.

Before the Olympics, there was a twofold situation. I wanted to run away from the camp in Novogorsk and I did not want to. At the beginning of the season, athletes always have a difficult moment when they need to get all the elements back, the program is very difficult. When I am in Novogorsk, very difficult moments happen there. And these walls reminded me of poor trainings. Bad training is about falling, and pain, and new boots, and calluses from them, and when you make two jumps in the program and you are already exhausted. Of course, this is difficult, but you still do not understand how your season will turn out, and you must go to the competitions completely ready. And when two jumps fail, you start to think about it.

I have already won everything that is possible. Probably proved to everyone, that says it all. After the Olympics, I won also the World Championships.

I even wrote myself an official promise that I promise to go to competitions, to Worlds: I undertake to skate well and do everything in my power to perform at this competition. Federation even has it. Then I wrote a promise that I would perform at the Japan Open and two Grand Prix. I did it. Since I’ve written, I kept my promise. Since I haven’t written about Grand Prix Final, I did not have such motivation. Now I’m not ready to write the next promise yet. Because I do everything that I write. At the moment I am not ready to go to the Russian Nationals.

Quadruples must be mastered at a younger age than 17 years. Our sport is getting younger. It was necessary to learn them before the Olympics, but there was a risk of injury, then my jump content was enough for me. And then I began to grow up, discoordination appeared, and at that moment the main thing was to keep all the jumps in order to perform them cleanly and well.

Coaches are my family in sports. Only we know what we went through. There were difficulties, there were joyful moments. I’m not going to leave them, we continue to work together.

Now I prepare for Tatiana Navka’s show. Come to see, I have the role of the Sleeping Beauty there.

I am in the process of preparing for the exams: Russian, mathematics, biology. Most likely, I will graduate from a sports institute. My whole life revolves around sports. I will learn to be a coach, most likely.

I want to thank the Sambo-70 school, which makes it possible for teachers to work with me on Skype. In the Olympic season, I had only training, I did not study at all – I studied with the teachers even on vacation, in order to prepare me up quickly for exams.

20 hours ago, Fay said:

She is NOT coming back, it’s just a euphemism for retiring. A euphemism that will let Eteri’s team milk her (she pays off 30 percent at least to Eteri out of ALL her profits). 

I am angry, sad and disgusted. I don’t like her skating, but this is way more outrageous than what happened to Zhenya. 

30%!! That is A LOT!! Do you have a source? I'm really curious...

20 hours ago, Lunna said:

It's hard to say if it was Alina's decision or if she was forced to make one. Though I think she didn't have a chance to be on team anyway and now we have this nice picture on the outside, but who knows what's happening inside.

The way she looked at GPF announcing she was skipping the gala gave vibes that she might have been sat down and spoken to already/

2 hours ago, memae said:

The way she looked at GPF announcing she was skipping the gala gave vibes that she might have been sat down and spoken to already/

She looked very sad when she announced it, it was in the air that something was going on already. I find it likely she talked to Eteri after the free skate and made the decision to take an indefinite break.

In other news, Stolbova/Novoselov will also miss Nationals because of his injury. https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1081335460.html