With the news of Alina "pausing" her competitive career, I wonder what it's like to be fan of Russian ladies skaters. Alina only had 2.5 (correct me if im wrong) seasons in the senior circuit and she's already edged out of the podium. I'm not a fan of her but it's a bit disheartening when their careers seem so short. Sure, Alina was able to win everything. But what about those who didn't? What happens to their careers after their bodies can no longer handle jumps that rely heavily on weight? Not everyone can win everything. What happens then after all the injuries?

A video on choreographing Zhenya’s Exogenesis

I think Med is aiming for Beijing 2022, in which case she has time and is on good track. As long as she stays competitive w PCS, by just being clean, and staing as a dark horse gor podiums, then once she got the 4S she'll be back in the game again. 

Thanks for sharing the Plush stuff. 40% to Eteri, I'm not surprised at all. I had a Soviet trained coach in a different sport and it was the same deal... Just the culture.

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Zhenya has new boots!

And she seems to have gone to Risport.  

Interesting! First changing firmness during competitive season then brand? Has she talked about why?

If I bought new equipment (of high quality and $$) only a few weeks ago and it suddenly broke (and at a major competition at that etc..), I"d be looking for another brand to try out as well...

1 hour ago, cirelle said:

Interesting! First changing firmness during competitive season then brand? Has she talked about why?

My guess is the 4S. 

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

My guess is the 4S. 

Oooh, I thought going down in stiffness didn’t make sense for quad but then I saw that the Ice Fly is the lightest boot. Wonder which Risport model she’s in.

10 hours ago, liv said:

If I bought new equipment (of high quality and $$) only a few weeks ago and it suddenly broke (and at a major competition at that etc..), I"d be looking for another brand to try out as well...

Well yeah, but there is always stuff like the shape of the foot etc to consider with skating boots. 

The rumours are Edea have changed Piano so much the boots got uncomfortable. Too stiff and chafe the feet. 

18 hours ago, Fay said:

The rumours are Edea have changed Piano so much the boots got uncomfortable. Too stiff and chafe the feet. 

Then I hope Yuzu isn't affected.