Team Russia

With the news of Alina "pausing" her competitive career, I wonder what it's like to be fan of Russian ladies skaters. Alina only had 2.5 (correct me if im wrong) seasons in the senior circuit and she's already edged out of the podium. I'm not a fan of her but it's a bit disheartening when their careers seem so short. Sure, Alina was able to win everything. But what about those who didn't? What happens to their careers after their bodies can no longer handle jumps that rely heavily on weight? Not everyone can win everything. What happens then after all the injuries?

I think Med is aiming for Beijing 2022, in which case she has time and is on good track. As long as she stays competitive w PCS, by just being clean, and staing as a dark horse gor podiums, then once she got the 4S she'll be back in the game again. 

Thanks for sharing the Plush stuff. 40% to Eteri, I'm not surprised at all. I had a Soviet trained coach in a different sport and it was the same deal... Just the culture.

10 hours ago, liv said:

If I bought new equipment (of high quality and $$) only a few weeks ago and it suddenly broke (and at a major competition at that etc..), I"d be looking for another brand to try out as well...

Well yeah, but there is always stuff like the shape of the foot etc to consider with skating boots.