General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzuru in Tanka (Japanese traditional short poetry)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanka

Tanka section of Yomiuri Shimbun Online (25 Jan. 2021)

One of the selected Tanka sent from the readers.

https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/culture/20210124-OYT8T50095/

良く切れる鋏をさらに拭き清め羽生結弦の記事を切り抜く (村上市 橘陽子)

Yoku kireru hasami wo sarani fukikiyome Hanyu Yuzuru no kiji wo kirinuku (by Yoko Tachibana - Murakami City)

(Wiping the sharp scissors to make them clean more, I cut out the article on Yuzuru Hanyu - translated by me)

4 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

I apologize for the post, I will try to delete it. :bow:

Publishing thesis isn't some shady stuff. If it's true then we will hear about it from reliable source sooner or later. :) 

Patience:meditationf:

He isn't some novice girl from Russia, about whose career we can learn only from rumours and connecting dots from insta posts.

https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/robbie-williams-musical-film-greatest-showman_53430.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=23February2021

Well Yuzuru and Jeff's timing seems to be spot on with LMEY for his SP - the director of The Greatest Showman is doing a film detailing Robbie Williams' music career from a 16 year old member of Take That (boyband) to his solo career; any chance it will coincide with the OWGs???

"The film, which will be directed by The Greatest Showman director Michael Gracey, follows Williams' stratospheric career, as well as the demons he faces along the way. It is set to start production this summer, with screenwriters Oliver Cole, Simon Gleeson and Gracey penning the piece".

3 hours ago, Pammi said:

https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/robbie-williams-musical-film-greatest-showman_53430.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=23February2021

Well Yuzuru and Jeff's timing seems to be spot on with LMEY for his SP - the director of The Greatest Showman is doing a film detailing Robbie Williams' music career from a 16 year old member of Take That (boyband) to his solo career; any chance it will coincide with the OWGs???

"The film, which will be directed by The Greatest Showman director Michael Gracey, follows Williams' stratospheric career, as well as the demons he faces along the way. It is set to start production this summer, with screenwriters Oliver Cole, Simon Gleeson and Gracey penning the piece".

If they are starting this shoot during the summer, it is highly unlikely that it will be out by the Olympics, unless it's short.  Most films, at least here, can take 1-10 months of shooting (generally 6-10 depending, again, on the length and production demands, such as location shooting, actor availability, etc.). Then there is post-production and that can take even longer, again depending on the demands of the director and if there is a clear release date.  Maybe they will try to have it out for Oly and that would be great, but editing and sound and ADR take longer than actual shooting.  My son is editing a film right now that took less than 6 weeks to shoot starting in December and it's a couple of months away from any possible release.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It's better to have numbers and pictures etc, but on the other hand it is so logical that it could be quite expected. (Even by a dummy like me who am so slow on fluid mechanics.)

Same for ventilators, and anything making air circulate without filtration. And while with past strains, airborne transmission was rather rare, the new variants having much more affinity with ACE2 receptor (2.5x more for the UK variant, and I have heard a scientist expecting 13.5 more in case this strain would acquire some South African or Brazilian mutation, I don't know if it is already the case with the UK + E484K variant), one can fear airborne transmission may become more and more frequent (but it hasn't been quantified, as far as I know).

1 hour ago, barbara said:

If they are starting this shoot during the summer, it is highly unlikely that it will be out by the Olympics, unless it's short.  Most films, at least here, can take 1-10 months of shooting (generally 6-10 depending, again, on the length and production demands, such as location shooting, actor availability, etc.). Then there is post-production and that can take even longer, again depending on the demands of the director and if there is a clear release date.  Maybe they will try to have it out for Oly and that would be great, but editing and sound and ADR take longer than actual shooting.  My son is editing a film right now that took less than 6 weeks to shoot starting in December and it's a couple of months away from any possible release.

If he keeps LMEY for Olympics. Full of surprises as he is, I'm quite sure he will keep Ten to Chi to, but for LMEY I wonder. Anyway he would skate it in shows and galas (or as encore with Sweet Yuzu™ costumes :10742290:).

EDIT : It had just occurred to me that Yuzuru Hanyu may have been in 2011, the youngest ever medallist at 4CC, and have just checked : he was, and is still.

EDIT 2 : a lesson on fluid mechanics by Yuzuru Hanyu. One can see the cherry blossom had fallen, then was uplifted by the wind and was prevented from falling again until the end of the program.

With a droplet, (a normal) ventilation won't uplift a fallen droplet because of its weight, viscosity... but until it falls, it is kept "flying" by the air movement.