12 hours ago, Veveco said:

As to why things have accentuated in the past week, it's a mix of Nam commenting that he doesn't think worlds is safe, the ISU updating their protocol to make it *more* lax than before (they now include a loop-hole if you test positive, you merely have to show that you were positive in the past before, as if that solved anything... or as if feds haven't been lying for months already, yk *colds and pneumonia*), having skaters sign a waiver that takes the responsibility away from the ISU if anything bad happens, and having no budget for any quarantine while spending money on the production of.... a song... which they proudly tried to promote in one of their most tone-deaf tweets to date. The last one was almost like they were trying to get people angry.

Do you have the link to the updated protocols?

If that's what ISU wants to do, its very lax compared to the sporting events in the Asia Pacific region(Asia + Australia+ NZ).

In the badminton tournament in Thailand held in Jan 2021 :

1) Must test negative upon entry to Thailand.

2) Quarantine around 7 days before start training.

3) Continued testing every 3 to 4 days throughout the tournament.

4) If one team member tests positive, whole team has to quarantine 10 days even though they tested negative. Happened to team India.

This was later changed to "except the player who test negative". He/she had to compete alone without coach at court side to advise.

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

No, no, let them talk. It's starting to be funny.

@leona, btw, I don't know if you realised, but his career is already almost over. You can count on fingers all competitions that left to him.

And when he does leave competition, we'll follow him to his next stage...

Decoded! Fanyus really are something.

It is apparently this song: 

Edit: If Fanyus are something then Yuzu is that something's overlord. Usually it takes little time for fans to find out his music (SP, FP, EX, or songs he lip-syncs to). This year, tho, it took so long to figure out his competitive music and it needed confirmation from the overlord himself. 

8 時間前, Melodieさんが言いました:

Decoded! Fanyus really are something.

It is apparently this song: 

Edit: If Fanyus are something then Yuzu is that something's overlord. Usually it takes little time for fans to find out his music (SP, FP, EX, or songs he lip-syncs to). This year, tho, it took so long to figure out his competitive music and it needed confirmation from the overlord himself. 

Is this really?

This song was originally released in 1993 by DEEN and was a smash hit.

If it really is, I wonder how it came to Yuzuru as he is totally in a different generation.

The vocalist (Shuichi Ikemori) is said to have recovered his strong voice around his 50's.  

The same song (slightly different) was covered by Sho Uesugi (he wrote the lyrics) of WANDS.  I have this album.

Addition:

Oh, I noticed one thing.  Sho UESUGI :loveshower: 

27 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Is this really?

This song was originally released in 1993 by DEEN and was a smash hit.

If it really is, I wonder how it came to Yuzuru as he is totally in a different generation.

The vocalist (Shuichi Ikemori) is said to have recovered his strong voice around his 50's.  

The same song (slightly different) was covered by Sho Uesugi (he wrote the lyrics) of WANDS.  I have this album.

That seems to be the song in question, yes, altho, as you have pointed out, it may be different ver, say, a cover or live record. 

As for Yuzu, I guess the answer would be because he is a music nerd :)

To be clear: I really hope that Worlds gets cancelled and everyone stays healthy and safe.

However, I just realized that - if it takes place and Yuzu decides to compete - he has the chance to rewrite figure skating history once again.

If he makes the podium (which is absolutely doable for him), he will be the second skater after Jan Hoffmann in men's singles to win 7 medals at the world figure skating championships in the post-war era.

1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

This may be just a little off topic but isn't Ice Rink Sendai supposed to reopen today? Hopefully Yuzu will be back on ice soon.

Yes - the announcement did say it would be open to the public starting today.

So many potential auntie Fanyus everywhere this week! This time it is my actual aunt too!

She came by for a visit today to see my mother and I was just rewatching Yuzuru's programs from JNats. She got a glimpse of my screen while she was walking behind me and stood next to me to see Tenchi with me. I had shown her Yuzu before and she even looked him up on Google on her own a couple of months back but today was the first time she saw him skate. At a point where the camera focused on his face she said "He's so beautiful and tall!"

Aaaahhh, if only it was this easy to make my mom a Fanyu too. :'3