Jump to content

General Yuzuru Chat


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Anni said:

Great news 🙏🙏

 

This post has been tagged by Fay as [NEWS].

Oh yes, great news! I understand a 7-8 days off-ice period is not too long to recover from? Of course there's also the trauma. :(

 

@Fay Had I known beforehand that he were to wear a black rock-n-roll costume with 3/4 sleeves, I would have thought "no way"! Indeed he can wear (and with what grace) costumes nobody else could wear. I am so glad (and grateful) he can rely on such a talent for his costumes, and a person with whom he seems to have a very good communication too.

Link to post
33 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Aaaaaahhhh, I may be a few hours late but happy 3rd Pyeongchang anniversary you guys! I hope everyone got to celebrate Yuzuru's legendary achievement.

Welcome to the Planet!:10742289:

Link to post

A conversation I had with my ancient Greek tutor during online class yesterday.

 

Ancient Greek tutor: T

Me: M

 

T: Who's that guy in your profile picture? [For context, Yuzuru is my profile picture on every social media, even Skype]

M: Oh, that's my favourite athelete.

T: Oooohhhh, the figure skater guy from Japan that you told me about a few months ago, right? What was his name again?

M: *proceeds to send Yuzuru's name in Japanese, romanized and in Greek* Today marks three years since he won his second Olympic gold.

T: Leventis!

 

In Greece we laventis a strong, young and beautiful man. So maybe a Fanyu auntie in the making? :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

Link to post

Worlds related for everyone who wants it cancelled - this is a tweet with all the official sponsors shown.  Maybe appealing directly to them (especially those who also sponsor Yuzu) will help have some impact.  Another Russian skater has just withdrawn because he is "ill", though it doesn't say with what.

 

Link to post
Hace 2 horas, hananistellata said:

A conversation I had with my ancient Greek tutor during online class yesterday.

 

Ancient Greek tutor: T

Me: M

 

T: Who's that guy in your profile picture? [For context, Yuzuru is my profile picture on every social media, even Skype]

M: Oh, that's my favourite athelete.

T: Oooohhhh, the figure skater guy from Japan that you told me about a few months ago, right? What was his name again?

M: *proceeds to send Yuzuru's name in Japanese, romanized and in Greek* Today marks three years since he won his second Olympic gold.

T: Leventis!

 

In Greece we laventis a strong, young and beautiful man. So maybe a Fanyu auntie in the making? :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

Welcome to Planet Hanyu! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw: And good work with your Tutor! Keep us updated if you show her any Yuzu’s performance 😎

Link to post
31 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Welcome to Planet Hanyu! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw: And good work with your Tutor! Keep us updated if you show her any Yuzu’s performance 😎

Thank you! I will definitely try to show her some of Yuzuru's performances if we start doing irl lessons again. I may send her some links now as well. :3

Link to post

I've posted this on Twitter before but I still find it kinda crazy how Yuzuru scored 319 points at JNats after skating in competition for the first time in 319 days. Plus he even drew the number 26 after recently turning 26 years old. The universe is a Fanyu.

Link to post
1 час назад, Yuzu_legend сказал:

Keep us updated if you show her any Yuzu’s performance

Just today there was an interview with one of our juniors (Russian, Evgeny Semenenko), he was asked:
- Imagine. You have the opportunity to show any one performance to a person who has never been interested in figure skating. What would show him to interest?
He replied:
- Short program for Yuzuru Hanyu in the 2014 Olympic season when he competed in a blue shirt.

 

And I totally agree with this answer! :)

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Laura said:

Just today there was an interview with one of our juniors (Russian, Evgeny Semenenko), he was asked:
- Imagine. You have the opportunity to show any one performance to a person who has never been interested in figure skating. What would show him to interest?
He replied:
- Short program for Yuzuru Hanyu in the 2014 Olympic season when he competed in a blue shirt.

 

And I totally agree with this answer! :)

Yup, this is how a lot of us fell down the figure skating rabbithole anyway. :68468287:

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...