Jump to content

General Yuzuru Chat


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, leona said:

I have a guilty confession

  Hide contents

Yesterday and today, I was calm since I understood that the lack of news means that he and his family are alright, but for some reason suddenly I'm nervous. Is totally understable that he did not send any messages because the priority and attention must be on the others that are suffering, but the truth it's I'm worried. At same time I feel guilty of be celebrating FGW while I don't know if he is suffering. I hope he doesn't think that we are ignoring the pain of his and his people because we are not. And I feel more guilty of write this because I don't want to give the impression of any kind of pressure for a message of him, because it must be a very difficult time right now for him and us/fans and our calm are the least of the important of matters in this moment.  In conclusion, I'm a bit of a mess in this instant and I hate when the only thing I can do for other it's pray. So Hanyu if you read this later, It's fine think in your own wellbeing first, we are always here to support you, anytime. It's our job to worry about you so don't worry about us.

 

I feel you. It's fine- I'm worried and guilty for celebrating the week too, but I hope that it can bring good memories back especially at this crucial time of his.:64341262: Its fine cause yes what we can only do now is pray- we can do donations when they're open. *pats head*

Link to post
21 hours ago, Anni said:

Happy Anniversary to first Olympic gold medal :cheer:

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is supposed to be a commemorative story about Yuzuru Hanyu, so why would they spoil it by adding the unnecessary line at the end?

 

"Changing of the guard at the World Figure Skating Championships in Milan as..."

 

An unfinished sentence with no story following it and Yuzu was not even there.

 

When I saw this, I thought WTF? Why is this here?

Link to post
15 hours ago, zootown said:

Another moment in which I though, can anyone please send him a suit that fits??? I understand this is a team uniform but to make him look so frumpy it takes a special effort, especially when there are so many talented Japanese fashion designers and costume designers

 

I wonder whether Shoma was walking around with a Japanese team blazer with sleeves that were too long? Maybe the JSF mixed up their jackets...

Link to post
4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

 

I wonder whether Shoma was walking around with a Japanese team blazer with sleeves that were too long? Maybe the JSF mixed up their jackets...

I don't think Shoma was on the Sochi team, but my recollection of Pyeongchang is certainly of Shoma simply swimming in his team clothes...

Link to post
18 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I don't think Shoma was on the Sochi team, but my recollection of Pyeongchang is certainly of Shoma simply swimming in his team clothes...

 

You’re absolutely right! I was mistakenly thinking of Yuzu entering the arrival lobby of Incheon International Airport with a phalanx of security guards while self-consciously trying to shorten his arms because the sleeves of his blazer were way too short.

 

Wrong Olympics! Sorry!

Link to post

OMG. The "Don" thing... I've watched that clip with Yuzu learning he'd won a million times.... and English is my first language. How on earth did I miss that? I guess being hyper focused on Yuzu is my only excuse. That's hilarious.

Link to post

I've not seen this before, have you? Clean runthrough of  R&J in practice at Sochi (well he doesn't do all the jumps here eg. 3F) but he got the 2 quads and  we see one beautiful 3A combo too before the camera has a look at Dai (during Yuzuru's RT arrrggghhh!!)

 

EDIT oh I now notice it was only posted on YT today!

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
Link to post
2 hours ago, Pammi said:

I've not seen this before, have you? Clean runthrough of  R&J in practice at Sochi (well he doesn't do all the jumps here eg. 3F) but he got the 2 quads and  we see one beautiful 3A combo too before the camera has a look at Dai (during Yuzuru's RT arrrggghhh!!)

 

EDIT oh I now notice it was only posted on YT today!

It is my opinion that Plushenko, who was watching that initial practice, and then part of the run through, realized he wasn't going to be able to beat Yuzu and that's why he withdrew.

Link to post
1 hour ago, barbara said:

It is my opinion that Plushenko, who was watching that initial practice, and then part of the run through, realized he wasn't going to be able to beat Yuzu and that's why he withdrew.

 

I think he knew it well before the competition. He went for the team competition where he won the gold medal, that is what mattered. And since he was the only Russian competitor in the men's it would have been too much to skate his SP & FS in both events anyway. So he WD.

Link to post
1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

 

I think he knew it well before the competition. He went for the team competition where he won the gold medal, that is what mattered. And since he was the only Russian competitor in the men's it would have been too much to skate his SP & FS in both events anyway. So he WD.

well sochi was...idk a scandal. if russia could inflate that much points for their girl, i think as long as plushenko landed his jumps maybe he could have still won idk. i wasnt following the sport when sochi happened but the way they inflated sotnikova's score was quite bad

Link to post
20 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

well sochi was...idk a scandal. if russia could inflate that much points for their girl, i think as long as plushenko landed his jumps maybe he could have still won idk. i was following the sport when sochi happened but the way they inflated sotnikova's score was quite bad

Hmmm - I thought he pleaded an injury or something.  He did re-injure his back, and it was important for Russia to get a gold, but his SP score in the team competition, his personal best, was 10 points less than Yuzu's world record SP.  I think he'd have skated, even hurt, if he thought he could win.  Yuzu would have.

Link to post

I read too, that he was really injured.

I don't know if we will ever know.

But what we can see, is that Yuzuru Hanyu rejoiced sooo much to be in the same training group, at the same Olympics as his idol, and I still feel these images so heartwarming.

 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

 

I think he knew it well before the competition. He went for the team competition where he won the gold medal, that is what mattered. And since he was the only Russian competitor in the men's it would have been too much to skate his SP & FS in both events anyway. So he WD.

I believe he was also either recovering from or due for back surgery at the time (Plush has steel rods in his back, I believe) . So his withdrawal was entirely understandable. 

 

In any case, Sochi men's turned out to be a splatfest extraordinaire. Yuzu was practically the only guy in the top ten who stayed on his feet. 

 

@SitTwizzle I agree - Yuzu must have been absolutely thrilled back then. He still adores Plush so much.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...