General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Melodie said:

Parisienne Walkway may work? Probably LOL

2 hours ago, EternalSpin said:

Parisienne Walkways has sparkles too, it won't work IMO

2 hours ago, Melodie said:

It has sparkles, true, but the form works? I mean, it's basically a sparkling shirt LOL. Yuzu does have a few sparkling shirts but Parisienne Walkway is the closest one to "probably, maybe" for Keegan LOL. 

Speaking of which, Yuzu has that black and white T-shirt he wore with the really shiny, rubber-ish black pants on one of the ice shows. Maybe that one but with a more plain pair of pants? 

16 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

BLASPHEMY!!!

Oh come on now, Keegan would look okay-ish in PW,  and HILY and Vertigo would work just fine on him. Maybe, possibly Mission Impossible as well, since that's basically just a sparkly black T-shirt and Keegan does love black T-shirts.

It's kind of fun to try and picture who of Yuzu's competitors would be able to pull off which of his costumes. IMO none of them could carry off HYK or H&L successfully, though. Or Swanyu. 

4 hours ago, river said:

Is everyone forgetting about the Xylitol outfits? I hope they pay him a truly mind-boggling amount of money to wear those in public.

(And then they always photoshop him within an inch of his life, to add insult to injury. How they expect to improve on perfection, I don’t know.)

Agreed - I don't think we can even count clothes he's paid to wear.  Those are not representative of what he chooses to wear when he's being his casual self...

5 hours ago, barbara said:

Black and white - classic.  And I laughed at thinking of Keegan in ANY of Yuzu's costumes.

5 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I think he said when he was on the Asaichi program that he usually wears a T-shirt and jeans or similar casual garments. This was in response to him being complemented about the outfit he was wearing – blue shirt, white pants and white shoes. He said that he didn’t usually wear such fashionable clothes.

It's funny how 'casual' is such a different standard depending on where you are... to me, his perfectly wrinkle-free, sparkling white t-shirts and immaculate denim look anything but 'casual'. Informal, yes, relaxed, yes, but 'casual' has a much more sloppy connotation on this side of the Pacific than anything Yuzu ever wears. 

5 hours ago, Lunna said:

ohhhh... white pants looked gorgeous on him! but what doesn't? :biggrin:

5 hours ago, Lunna said:

:P

g632KSp.jpg

This is a lovely outfit on him. 

4 hours ago, river said:

Is everyone forgetting about the Xylitol outfits? I hope they pay him a truly mind-boggling amount of money to wear those in public.

(And then they always photoshop him within an inch of his life, to add insult to injury. How they expect to improve on perfection, I don’t know.)

Hey, the Xylitol outfit was perfectly fine from the waist down to the ankles!:coolio: The white shoes were not fine. And let's just forget what happened on the upper half.

5 hours ago, river said:

Aww I kinda liked them or maybe it was because he was wearing it. 

Whito :)

1 時間前, rockstaryuzuさんが言いました:

It's funny how 'casual' is such a different standard depending on where you are... to me, his perfectly wrinkle-free, sparkling white t-shirts and immaculate denim look anything but 'casual'. Informal, yes, relaxed, yes, but 'casual' has a much more sloppy connotation on this side of the Pacific than anything Yuzu ever wears. 

Boston World, 2016.

6 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

It's a fastener for the Haori (the jacket over the kimono)

5 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Yes.  It's called "Haori-himo", and that white one is for formal men's Haori.  Usually Haori-himo is one of the fancy points in Kimono fashion. 

http://www.kimono-taizen.com/know/himo.htm

https://www.kyotokimono.com/HaoriHimo-s/124.htm

Thank you both !!

I had no idea there were so many versions!

13 hours ago, Veveco said:

And to no one's surprise:

I was friends with one of Drysdale's close relatives when he won at London. I watched just because of my friend and it was so exciting to see him cross in first place, knowing how much it meant to someone close to me because of that connection. That man is an unbelievable athlete. Like, Yuzuru's role in skating is often compared to that of Phelps in swimming, but Mahe Drysdale does not get brought up nearly enough in conversations about athletes who basically changed their sports. He was so sick at Beijing 08 that when he finished his race (and won the bronze) he pretty much got put in an ambulance immediately. He'd already been the world champion 5 times (plus a silver, and one of those golds with broken vertebrae) by the time he won the OGM at London and I think by then he was in his 30s. He won again at Rio four years later - in his late 30s.  Now, I know sports like swimming and rowing have more chance for longevity than skating, but he did compete at Athens (not in singles though) and he has just said he still has his eye on Tokyo (I guess that's what the Olympic Daily feature is about). Guys, he's 41 years old. Tokyo will be his 5th Olympics if he goes. 

People talk about Phelps and Federer and Serena Williams and Simone Biles when they give examples of athletes in other sports to convey what Yuzuru is to figure skating. This guy should 100% be included in the list. 

10 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I think he said when he was on the Asaichi program that he usually wears a T-shirt and jeans or similar casual garments. This was in response to him being complemented about the outfit he was wearing – blue shirt, white pants and white shoes. He said that he didn’t usually wear such fashionable clothes.

As if there's jeans that fit those leg muscles! 

58 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Even here, he looks quite neat and tidy  to me. Obviously comfortable, but it's a far cry from what I see on the streets daily. 

I would guess he is always aware that he is 'on show' (or likely to suddenly become so without warning) and he does take it seriously.