General Yuzuru Chat

54 minutes ago, Paskud said:

We don't have WC 21 topic, so I'm posting here. After all it's also Yuzuru related.

:(Not only NOT Montreal, but who wants an all-event ticket when we know that the Gala is not a Gala. Damn, that makes me furious. (And possibly the only light note of Montreal cancellation is that the stupid awards extravaganza absurdity didn't happen.)

14 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ab9VatO.png

Oh don't call DM piece of sxxt 'cos their online articles don't even make good manure. They are just waste of cyber space. 

They used to be a sensationalist but interesting newspaper but I don't know what happened in the very last years (though it is true that now I can't buy the paper version anymore, I just can go to the online one) there seem to be nothing more left. I wonder if it is not lower than The Sunday Times now (but I haven't read The Sunday TImes since decades, while I totally stopped watching The Daily Mail site only a year or two ago).

5 minutes ago, barbara said:

:(Not only NOT Montreal, but who wants an all-event ticket when we know that the Gala is not a Gala. Damn, that makes me furious. (And possibly the only light note of Montreal cancellation is that the stupid awards extravaganza absurdity didn't happen.)

THAT's the problem. They are already publicising their all-event tickets, I wonder if I won't write them directly to tell them I would have been very interested in it, should it include a proper gala, on the whole rink and with at the very least all medallists. Most Swedes read very well English.

47 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Ahem...

IMG_1357.jpg

Ahahahaha! The swan bags! LOL. But apparently only Yuzu really needs one - don't think Jun or Jason are likely to run off and try quads on a major injury like Yuzu does..

1 hour ago, barbara said:

There's another problem with Sweden hosting it now....they're one of the countries that didn't really lockdown for the coronavirus and I'm not convinced that their plan went quite the way they hoped it would...grantd next year is a long way off in COVID time but what if they're in a wave of it by then? And still not shutting anything down? I'd think very carefully indeed about committing to an all-event ticket this far in advance.

on to other things (apologies. This post is a very mixed bag.)

I was re-watching Yuzu's SCI19 Origin this morning, and it very belatedly dawned on me that a Japanese kid winning Canadian gold in the heart of the BC mountains might have had a really special significance for some folks watching. The history I'm referring to can be found here:

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/japanese-internment-banished-and-beyond-tears-feature

Not one of Canada's finer moments, at all, and the fact that the Japanese Canadian community has rebuilt from this and become such a wonderful thread in the fabric of my country fills with me awe. This morning the thought occurred to me that if any of the survivors of this horrible time were watching Yuzu win at Kelowna, maybe it was very sweet for them to see it.

14 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh come on now, Keegan would look okay-ish in PW,  and HILY and Vertigo would work just fine on him. Maybe, possibly Mission Impossible as well, since that's basically just a sparkly black T-shirt and Keegan does love black T-shirts.

It's kind of fun to try and picture who of Yuzu's competitors would be able to pull off which of his costumes. IMO none of them could carry off HYK or H&L successfully, though. Or Swanyu. 

Yes, I was referring to Vertigo, thank you :)  (But imagine the current Keegan in the early version of Vertigo....). Change would probably work on him too LOL

HYK might work on Jun (a slither of a chance but still LOL) since he has kinda the same physique and he seems to be very open to lace, bold cut, sparkles, chiffon and so on.

H&L? That's definitely Yuzu :) 

1 minute ago, Melodie said:

Yes, I was referring to Vertigo, thank you :)  (But imagine the current Keegan in the early version of Vertigo....). Change would probably work on him too LOL

HYK might work on Jun (a slither of a chance but still LOL) since he has kinda the same physique and he seems to be very open to lace, bold cut, sparkles, chiffon and so on.

H&L? That's definitely Yuzu :) 

I was thinking Jason would suit a grown-up version of R&J 1.0 quite well.

Yeah, I could see Jun in HYK...at least it wouldn't look bad on him...he'd probably also be able to wear Origin 2.0 and not look ridiculous.

How about Nathan in Ballade? It's in a style I think he'd be comfortable with

14 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ahahahaha! The swan bags! LOL. But apparently only Yuzu really needs one - don't think Jun or Jason are likely to run off and try quads on a major injury like Yuzu does..

It's so they don't do something and Yuzu feels challenged to a quad battle :darklordyuzu:

18 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I was thinking Jason would suit a grown-up version of R&J 1.0 quite well.

Yeah, I could see Jun in HYK...at least it wouldn't look bad on him...he'd probably also be able to wear Origin 2.0 and not look ridiculous.

How about Nathan in Ballade? It's in a style I think he'd be comfortable with

Totally! But I think Nathan would be most comfortable with Ballade ver 2.0 onwards (too much sheer fabric in ver 1.0 for him LOL).

As for Jason, probably? But for me R&J 1.0 is really made for that 17-year-old Yuzu. Like the grown up version is so nice but something is just not the same.

I'm thinking about R&J 2.0. I mean, we have seen way too many costumes inspired by R&J 2.0, but only the original version works LOL

5 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I'm thinking about R&J 2.0. I mean, we have seen way too many adaptations / costumes inspired by R&J 2.0, but only the original version works LOL

Meanwhile I remain unconvinced that boobskirt ever worked, even for Yuzu.

I could 100% see Boyang wearing Dory, and even doing the program. Pieces inspired by TV/movies seem to be Boyang's forte. I think he'd leave out the waggy finger though.

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Meanwhile I remain unconvinced that boobskirt ever worked, even for Yuzu.

I could 100% see Boyang wearing Dory, and even doing the program. Pieces inspired by TV/movies seem to be Boyang's forte. I think he'd leave out the waggy finger though.

R&J 2.0 is not exactly my favorite, but it works for the concept of the FS IMO.

About Dory for Boyang tho, probably (just slightly probably) LOL.

40 minutes ago, Melodie said:

R&J 2.0 is not exactly my favorite, but it works for the concept of the FS IMO.

About Dory for Boyang tho, probably (just slightly probably) LOL.

PS: That's the thing with Yuzu IMO. So long as the costume suits the concept he has in mind, he will unapologetically go for it, masculinity or femininity or whatever be damned. And I love that trait of his.