General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

OoT but it reminds me of an animal rescue YT channel (based in the UK) that regularly rescues stray swans (among other kinds of animals). They have a dedicated swan bag though, not a repurposed Ikea bag like that in the photo 😂😂😂

I admit i've watched that channel on sleepless nights, mentally replacing the guy rescuing with Brian and the naughty swans with a certain cave-dwelling ice fiend

45 minutes ago, Melodie said:

PS: That's the thing with Yuzu IMO. So long as the costume suits the concept he has in mind, he will unapologetically go for it, masculinity or femininity or whatever be damned. And I love that trait of his. 

Sure, and normally I enjoy all his artistic choices too. I just don't find R&J 2.0 aesthetically appealing except for the fact that Yuzu's inside it. I'm not a big fan of white stretchy lace as a material ( looks too much like kitchen curtains)  to begin with, and so for me it detracted from his performance. 

8 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Sure, and normally I enjoy all his artistic choices too. I just don't find R&J 2.0 aesthetically appealing except for the fact that Yuzu's inside it. I'm not a big fan of white stretchy lace as a material ( looks too much like kitchen curtains)  to begin with, and so for me it detracted from his performance. 

Kitchen curtains :knc_brian1: Now I can't unsee it :xD:

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ahahahaha! The swan bags! LOL. But apparently only Yuzu really needs one - don't think Jun or Jason are likely to run off and try quads on a major injury like Yuzu does..

There's another problem with Sweden hosting it now....they're one of the countries that didn't really lockdown for the coronavirus and I'm not convinced that their plan went quite the way they hoped it would...grantd next year is a long way off in COVID time but what if they're in a wave of it by then? And still not shutting anything down? I'd think very carefully indeed about committing to an all-event ticket this far in advance.

on to other things (apologies. This post is a very mixed bag.)

I was re-watching Yuzu's SCI19 Origin this morning, and it very belatedly dawned on me that a Japanese kid winning Canadian gold in the heart of the BC mountains might have had a really special significance for some folks watching. The history I'm referring to can be found here:

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/japanese-internment-banished-and-beyond-tears-feature

Not one of Canada's finer moments, at all, and the fact that the Japanese Canadian community has rebuilt from this and become such a wonderful thread in the fabric of my country fills with me awe. This morning the thought occurred to me that if any of the survivors of this horrible time were watching Yuzu win at Kelowna, maybe it was very sweet for them to see it.

And, yes, Sweden would be a problem.  They know their approach was a failure.  How that plays out remains to be seen, but it could be the action of other Euro nations that alters what they do.  Even other Scandinavian countries aren't allowing Swedes to travel there.  Perhaps they will start using some of the strategies of other countries or, and this wold be interesting, true herd immunity will eventually prevail - which would be positive (except for all those who have to die to achieve it) if it means that we do develop effective antibodies to the virus.  Worlds could always be held elsewhere (someplace on this continent would be preferred).

1 час назад, barbara сказал:

And, yes, Sweden would be a problem.  They know their approach was a failure.  How that plays out remains to be seen, but it could be the action of other Euro nations that alters what they do.  Even other Scandinavian countries aren't allowing Swedes to travel there.  Perhaps they will start using some of the strategies of other countries or, and this wold be interesting, true herd immunity will eventually prevail - which would be positive (except for all those who have to die to achieve it) if it means that we do develop effective antibodies to the virus.  Worlds could always be held elsewhere (someplace on this continent would be preferred).

At the same time I've heard the most cases they had was in long care homes. I really don't want to make judgement based only on the small bits of news as I'm not living there. It seems like countries have too different approach to statistics.

3 часа назад, Melodie сказал:

I'm thinking about R&J 2.0. I mean, we have seen way too many costumes inspired by R&J 2.0, but only the original version works LOL

Doesn't work for me :rolleyes: and even not as much of famous boobskirt, I never liked too big rhinestones on the sleeves and mesh on the collar, the mesh was too dark and didn't like the cut. Only gradient at the waist was nice.

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ahahahaha! The swan bags! LOL. But apparently only Yuzu really needs one - don't think Jun or Jason are likely to run off and try quads on a major injury like Yuzu does..

There's another problem with Sweden hosting it now....they're one of the countries that didn't really lockdown for the coronavirus and I'm not convinced that their plan went quite the way they hoped it would...grantd next year is a long way off in COVID time but what if they're in a wave of it by then? And still not shutting anything down? I'd think very carefully indeed about committing to an all-event ticket this far in advance.

on to other things (apologies. This post is a very mixed bag.)

I was re-watching Yuzu's SCI19 Origin this morning, and it very belatedly dawned on me that a Japanese kid winning Canadian gold in the heart of the BC mountains might have had a really special significance for some folks watching. The history I'm referring to can be found here:

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/japanese-internment-banished-and-beyond-tears-feature

Not one of Canada's finer moments, at all, and the fact that the Japanese Canadian community has rebuilt from this and become such a wonderful thread in the fabric of my country fills with me awe. This morning the thought occurred to me that if any of the survivors of this horrible time were watching Yuzu win at Kelowna, maybe it was very sweet for them to see it.

I really don't think Sweden will be a problem next March.

Now, they did fail, because they didn't test massively and quarantine and cure people tested positively. Plus, they didn't have enough social distancing.

Yet, in real numbers (official ones are b...sh.. for France), they had quite less dead than France where confinement was ridiculously arbitrary — and where government flatly refused the massive tests needed. And I really don't think France will be riskier than other countries, even in November for IdF.

This disease is becoming an endemic nearly everywhere and the past and present differences between countries will be quite evened (Brasil apart, where they depend on a political fight going on to free or not the general social security system to cure people, and are still in a worrying situation), except for countries where virtually all cases could be controlled at some time, such as China, and these countries will have to choose between isolation and some risk (except that you can test people who enter the country, not only by PCR as there is a delay, but also for T-cells, vitamins C, D and maybe K so that they are unlikely to be sick even if they were in contact with the virus).

I didn't know Canada had done the same with their Japanese citizens. :disappointed:

On a brighter note, Japanese community in Brasil was quite strong and rather nationalistic (of course, never doing anything wrong in their adoptive country), they had their newspapers and after the 1945 defeat, these newspapers pretended it was fake news. And in 1983 a shiatsu therapist went to Japan to "reteach" some techniques that had disappeared in time. Yet when, still in the 80's and Brasil being in crisis and Japan in full boom, "Japanese Brazilians", still speaking Japanese and having kept the culture, were recruited by Japanese companies but most couldn't adapt and had to return to Brasil, as they were real Brazilians, not Japanese. Brasil have a wonderful power of absorption of immigrants, while welcoming their culture.

And I do like the R&J 2.0 costume, but I don't think it suits the program. There was initially a concept, but this concept was not well applied into a costume.

Ah, and Nathan Chen in a Ballade costume... I didn't think your detestation of this music was to that point (or is it me who am too sensitive about Chopin?)

8 hours ago, Ririka said:

Daily mail. piece of shit. 

Unfortunately that’s pretty typical of their output.   It’s the favoured tabloid of the over 80s.  Absolutely maddening but unfortunately serious newspapers don’t cover figure skating in this country. 

l Iove R&J 2 costume - I quite like the infamous boob skirt, I reaaly love the mesh panel sleeve edged with big coloured crystals, and I adore the  wrapped with cord sleeve.    Not to mention the lace overlap onto the black pants .It’s beautiful and no other skater could have worn it.  If you doubt me look at the thread re bad costumes and the Brian Joubert attempt at a similar look.  IDC what western media etc say about it - he looks fabulous.  As for anyone else  - see Brian Joubert.

7 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Unfortunately that’s pretty typical of their output.   It’s the favoured tabloid of the over 80s.  Absolutely maddening but unfortunately serious newspapers don’t cover figure skating in this country. 

l Iove R&J 2 costume - I quite like the infamous boob skirt, I reaaly love the mesh panel sleeve edged with big coloured crystals, and I adore the  wrapped with cord sleeve.    Or to mention the lace overlap onto the black pants .It’s beautiful and no other skater could have worn it.  If you doubt me look at the thread re bad costumes and the Brian Joubert attempt at a similar look.  IDK what western media etc say about it - he looks fabulous.  As for anyone else  - see Brian Joubert.

I love the RJ2 costume too! I love how the sleeves turn to black at the gloves! And love the stones. 

1 hour ago, Glory said:

Does anyone have the Mp3 of Requiem of Heaven and Earth that I could download to Google drive? I just recently fell in love with the song. So beautiful!😍 

I only have the youtube link, but you can paste the link in any youtube to audio website, or use 4K Video Downloader to get the audio :) 

2 hours ago, Glory said:

I love the RJ2 costume too! I love how the sleeves turn to black at the gloves! And love the stones. 

Yas! That part is so pretty! The stones' color can be more subtle tho IMO.

The boobskirt part tho is really divisive LOL. My thought when I first saw Yuzu wore it is "this child is so bold!" LOL.