General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

What do you guys think? Did he record it all in one session? Hahaha

It looks like his hair grew a little so I think maybe not?

Yeah, his hair in the last one looks a bit like he tried to carefully arrange it to hide the fact that it hasn't been cut, but I think it's definitely longer. 

"I want to work together with you to help prevent the spread of this infection" - what a perfect sentiment. :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

2 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Yuzu gets mentioned by Nam and Roman 53:55~56:00.

At around 26:08 ish, Roman talks about no. of rotations, then talks about how Yuzu can’t do a double axel (Nam confirms) and Shoma avoids doing triples 

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

"I want to work together with you to help prevent the spread of this infection" - what a perfect sentiment. :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

Hmm, and when thinking of others who didnt give a damn to the rules and routed Japan in so called search of ice (not meationing any names, everybody knows who), now everyone can see the difference and why Yuzuru is such a highly respected person, not only for his professional abilities, but because of his noble and upright character. 

1 minute ago, IULIANA said:

Hmm, and when thinking of others who didnt give a damn to the rules and routed Japan in so called search of ice (not meationing any names, everybody knows who), now everyone can see the difference and why Yuzuru is such a highly respected person, not only for his professional abilities, but because of his noble and upright character. 

Wait hol up I actually never knew of this omg,, who’s the one you were referring to (send a link if you don’t wanna mention the name directly) 

1 minute ago, Ririka said:

Wait hol up I actually never knew of this omg,, who’s the one you were referring to (send a link if you don’t wanna mention the name directly) 

It`s Med, travelling through Japan the whole time, making choreo movements in  park during the lockdown, scloding on her sns people who warned her about such behaviour, posting on insta her bar stops, nail salon visits and pretending the show organisers she was supposed to be part of invited her, making them to have a public statetment that they didnt a.s.o. Check her sns and her enthousiastic fans and see for yourself. Even Ari Zacharian had to take a stand and asure people that she had no ice to train in Japan, and TAT saying that yes she had and she kept training eventhough the japanese skaters wee not, due to the emergency sitation. Such a mess...

4 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

I saw it in a slightly different light. It seemed to me that Yuzu was expressing a genuine love for his fellow man there. I think that man really cares. 

I don't really feel a need to use his behaviour as some kind of springboard to tear down other skaters' choices or decisions. They are entirely separate matters. 

8 minutes ago, Ririka said:

Just go over to the Team Russia thread, it's all in there from somewhere around mid May onwards

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I saw it in a slightly different light. It seemed to me that Yuzu was expressing a genuine love for his fellow man there. I think that man really cares. 

I don't really feel a need to use his behaviour as some kind of springboard to tear down other skaters' choices or decisions. They are entirely separate matters. 

Yes, most definitely they ARE different, I was just trying in may way of seeing things to underline how noble and caring and honest this man really is and how rare of a breed he is too. I used a kind of striking comparaison for a better focus, that`s all.

Long screed on Canadian border & Skate Ontario Stage 2 plan update, and potential ramifications for non-Canadian skaters like Yuzuru who are abroad but train in Canada normally. TL; DR: if skaters are let through under their regular visas or a special exemption, the softer language in SO's newest protocols might provide wiggle room for Y to participate if he and his team consider it safe enough to travel for many hours in a plane and then skate in an indoors rink with up to 10 people (or more if rules relaxed again). 

As I suspected, TPTB are dropping hints to expect the US-Canadian border to remain shut to non-essential visitors for at least another month (current end date is June 21, so late July would be the likely next potential "end" date, though unless things vastly improve in the US I strongly suspect the closure will be extended again):
https://globalnews.ca/news/7046333/canada-us-border-restrictions-extended/ 

The status of foreign athletes is not mentioned, nor does it talk about other countries, but I haven't heard of travel restrictions easing for any other countries (only loosening to date is the recent move to let in immediate family of permanent residents -- afaik this doesn't affect TCC skaters).  In an article about the Toronto Raptors I saw this evening the US is definitely permitting elite athletes in under a special exemption, but nothing was said about Canada, perhaps because it now seems like the team's primary goal is getting the team safely ready for Disney, so perhaps it makes more sense for Americans on the team to prep in the States before heading down to FL.   More helpful is an older report on the NHL, in which it was revealed that foreign NHL players here have work visas and that their work could be labeled essential enough, as long as they strictly follow the 14-day quarantine: https://www.tsn.ca/border-closure-extension-not-expected-to-affect-nhl-planning-1.1477094

And I've heard that they have already permitted NHL players to cross the border to quarantine before starting any training.

I imagine that the figure skaters training here have something like study visas (though hey, TCC, I wouldn't complain if you wanted to hold a livestreamed ice show of your skaters this summer or fall:laughing: if you want to try the NHL's method for getting everyone across the border with work visas).  International students will be allowed to cross under specific rules:

If you’re an international student who has a valid study permit, or were approved for a study permit on or before March 18, 2020, you’re exempt from the travel restrictions.

Find out what you need before you travel to Canada.

If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by an airline before you’ll be allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.

When you arrive in Canada, we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms.

If you don’t have a plan, you shouldn’t travel to Canada.

The last concern for Yuzu in particular was whether he'd be permitted to skate in Ontario rinks since he has asthma.  During Stage 1 SO was clear that people with "lung disease" would not be allowed to train at the rink.  Whether or not that meant Yuzu in particular would not be permitted to skate once he passed quarantine is not certain, but I can see clubs being strict about not permitting in vulnerable/at-risk individuals, given that we have lost too many already.   So what about Stage 2? There was a bit of delay, but Skate Ontario recently put up its protocols for Stage 2 of the re-opening process.  Some changes: https://skateontario.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Return-to-Play-1.3.pdf

Relevant passage:

All individuals taking part in club /skating school activities must self-screen in accordance with current public heath guidelines before each training session. Individuals must not attend any training sessions or club activities if they:
•Exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms, such as a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by health experts
•Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days
Have returned from travel outside of Canada (must quarantine for 14 days at home)

Individuals who are considered a vulnerable or at-risk (individuals over 70 years, weakened immune system or medical conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, cancer etc.) should strongly consider their participation in club/skating school activities.

It's clear again that SO will follow the federal government's rules on mandatory quarantining.  However, it looks like the language in the statement for vulnerable/at-risk folks has been softened a bit.  Rather than the definite "no way should these individuals take the ice" message (see my post on June 3), now it seems like the ultimate decision is in the hands of those individuals.  Though "strongly consider" is weird wording.  It's like a few words are missing?  I might write "strongly consider before participating in [insert activity]", or "should strongly consider refraining from participating in [insert activity]". 

Obviously nothing is certain until Yuzuru is spotted on the ice in an identifiable location at some point in 2020, if he or his team permit some information on his training location(s) be published, or I see him frolicking in my neighborhood park* (which is open as long as he maintains social distancing):breakdance:

* = it's a significant drive from TCC and not a famous park, so no one would be more shocked than I lol

4 minutes ago, Songster01 said:

or I see him frolicking in my neighborhood park* (which is open as long as he maintains social distancing):breakdance:

* = it's a significant drive from TCC and not a famous park, so no one would be more shocked than I lol

If that happens, make sure you buy a lottery ticket the same day to capitalize on your good luck:LOL:

21 hours ago, memae said:

It reminded me a lot of Nobu (I think he was with Shizuka A? don't quite remember) talking through Yuzu's H&L step sequence about the arm position and how it made it exceptionally difficult to balance but he made it look so gorgeous and easy (and then he stacked it while trying to do it himself lol)

Wonder how Nobu is doing at the moment.  He's a little ray of sunshine.  Always makes me laugh. 

4 時間前, FlyingCamelさんが言いました:

What do you guys think? Did he record it all in one session? Hahaha

It looks like his hair grew a little so I think maybe not?

It seems Yuzuru is wearing the same Chacott jacket for the JSA one and this time.  These videos might have been taken at the same time? :scratch2:

Chacott is the brand of costumes for ballet, figure skating, etc.

https://www.chacott-jp.com/

34 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

It seems Yuzuru is wearing the same Chacott jacket for the JSA one and this time.  These videos might have been taken at the same time? :scratch2:

Chacott is the brand of costumes for ballet, figure skating, etc.

https://www.chacott-jp.com/

yuzu is me with that one fav outfit that I wear too much 

But on a serious note: v necks, turtlenecks and sweaters. Just some pointers at your fashion choices in case you ever see this yuzu💗 (I know you love your training wear but,,,)