General Yuzuru Chat

On 12/19/2019 at 11:39 PM, Maleko said:

I was actually thinking of doing an improved analysis based on this person‘s idea bc it doesn’t consider the fact that Nathan got very consistent lately and as a result has had less jumps with negative goe. It‘s only natural that his mean goe would go up. I know it’s going to be a less holistic analysis with a little more subjectivity added but my plan is to only consider jumps for simplicity and to look into the quality of the jumps (as in, only consider jumps that were absolutely or pretty close to clean. Bc you can only really compare clean jumps? That is the part I‘m still thinking about). I am not sure I‘ll actually go through with it bc it means I will have to watch a lot of videos... lol

(Also I have already collected some data and calculated some stuff and... I am not sure if 2019 worlds made the difference here and I think this analysis might not include gpf yet so worlds might have ended up having more weight but just for this season Nathan‘s and Yuzu‘s mean jump GOE is almost the same. The difference isn’t as stark as shown in this graph. But the same thing can be said about Yuzu, he's been alot more consistent this season than in the past seasons (for obv reasons.) I am NOT saying that their mean GOE being similiar is fair tho. Just that this graph makes the difference look a lot bigger than it is.) 

7 hours ago, Fay said:

That sounded pretty dismissive, actually.  :( 

so basically, Sima asked Zhenya to help her get a picture with Yuzu, which Zhenya did and she photographed them together. The journalist is persistent in getting Sima to describe Yuzu, what he is like, and she says she’s known him long enough (is he really out of another world?), yes, she can be like that too, but she prefers not to, as you can get too much detached from reality. He has little rituals for everything - for getting onto the ice, thanking people, bowing, mending the ice, thanking it etc - it looks cute. 

She sorta doesn’t really know the razor-sharp intellect and awareness behind that cuteness, I guess. 

I think that Yuzu is 'from another world' or 'detached from reality' is just the impression he gives to people, especially because he skates so well, and he is truly unique in so many ways, very different from other skaters/'normal' people. However that's only the side he lets us see - Yuzuru Hanyu the skater. He does not talk about his private life to anybody we know. Even Nobu his friend said Yuzu mostly talks only skating (and Koi dance LOL) with him. He lives such a private life and we don't know how he is like outside skating, at all. He has said himself, in one of the Kenji's room episodes iirc, he does not eat, breath and lives skating. It's all an impression.

He does what regular, 'real' people do too, e.g. grocery shopping, university, games, music, manga, and he does want to get married. He just doesn't let out this side of him as much because obviously he wants people to focus on his skating, and rightly so. Maybe he does this to protect himself, which is understandable. A person who's detached from reality would not be able to manage oneself well enough to achieve what he has achieved IMO. 

21 hours ago, MatchaBeans said:

What a weird cover. Why half and half. Would have been perfect if it was just the top pic or the bottom pic...:headdesk:

I find it interesting thAt they didn't do a cover shoot and instead used photos of him in his natural plumage, so to speak...

Or maybe they couldn't find any better or more fashionable outfit than Origin 2.0. 

5 hours ago, MatchaBeans said:

I think that Yuzu is 'from another world' or 'detached from reality' is just the impression he gives to people, especially because he skates so well, and he is truly unique in so many ways, very different from other skaters/'normal' people. However that's only the side he lets us see - Yuzuru Hanyu the skater. He does not talk about his private life to anybody we know. Even Nobu his friend said Yuzu mostly talks only skating (and Koi dance LOL) with him. He lives such a private life and we don't know how he is like outside skating, at all. He has said himself, in one of the Kenji's room episodes iirc, he does not eat, breath and lives skating. It's all an impression.

He does what regular, 'real' people do too, e.g. grocery shopping, university, games, music, manga, and he does want to get married. He just doesn't let out this side of him as much because obviously he wants people to focus on his skating, and rightly so. Maybe he does this to protect himself, which is understandable. A person who's detached from reality would not be able to manage oneself well enough to achieve what he has achieved IMO. 

not detached,focused maybe?but yep i agree he proctets himself a dn rightly so:)

5 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Javi's signature on Yuzu's phone! Javi liked it! Yaaay!!!

Why am I crying?! :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

:cri:

Seriously. Today was the heaviest emotional roller coaster of the entire season for me and this is... quite something. I definitely need these two weeks break now.

Folks, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year! It was my first year here on the Planet and it was a wonderful year with you all. Thank you so much! :10742289: Please, have a good rest, put all negativity aside and recap all the nice moments with Yuzu this year. Think of all the curses that he defeated, all the new jumps that he conquered, the wonderful old and new programs and magic moments and of course: Two healthy ankles!! They are in one piece and functioning and not injured, right? RIGHT? :loveshower:

Though I am sad that he lost as he is too tired, I am grateful that he seems healthy. Compared to the trauma I had last year in Rostelecom (I didn't discover Yuzu early enough to go through NHK 2017), this is OK. He will come back stronger after enough rest. Regardless of placement or scores, it is a huge pleasure to see him still skating.

:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

I just booked 4cc ticket a few minutes ago but I have not even applied for annual leave/booked plane ticket/reserved hotel yet.

:embSwan:

Just because he qualified for 4CC doesn't mean he'll go.  He may decide he needs to rest and train for the extra month before Worlds.  And I kind of hope he does (wasn't planning on 4CC for me anyway..). Keiji can go and Yuzu can take World's!  He knew, his coaches knew, that he had too many competitions too close together an that his principal issue was exhaustion.  I'm shattered he didn't get gold, but so happy for Shoma.

This has been a roller coaster. Im so torn. On the one hand I am happy for Shoma who has been referred to as "your silver medalist of everything" to have defended his rank and taken gold with Yuzuru on the field no less.

On the other hand I want to weep for Yuzuru. He has worked just as hard as anyone else, overcome ankle injuries, to return and have a season of no injuries (please no one knock on wood!💦), yet still not be enough. I console myself that this is a process. He is getting stronger and will be even better next time around as he is still developing and tweaking how he trains and performs to lessen the chances (as best he can) for ankle injuries.

Overall though, congrats to Shoma 🎊🎉

He and Yuzuru are such respectable athletes ❤