Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2017] USA Nats - Men, Pairs, Ice Dance SP & FS

Featured Replies

52 минуты назад, GreatLakesGal сказал:

Just a thought I had this morning:  If Jason continues to skate after this year, I hope he seriously considers a coaching change. If I were him and his family, I would secretly meet with Brian and Tracy at TCC and see if they would be interested in coaching him. It would mean Brian would need to get certain certifications to coach an American skater but I think he might be willing to do that for someone of Jason's stature and talent. Assuming Javi retires after this year, I think he and Tracy would have the time. And if Yuzu sticks around for another year, he and Jason would probably make great training partners and I suspect become very good friends.

 

Just a thought. :smile:

 

ETA:  Just realized I'm not the only one who had this idea. :goe:

I don't know if it can be a good idea, cuz even if you go to TCC it doesn't mean you'll have great technique overnight. Sometimes it's just don't click. Inside America it seems like Rafael can be a good choice. But it's really a pity that such a unique skater can't get a quad and has trouble even with tripls already.

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I don't know if it can be a good idea, cuz even if you go to TCC it doesn't mean you'll have great technique overnight. Sometimes it's just don't click. Inside America it seems like Rafael can be a good choice. But it's really a pity that such a unique skater can't get a quad and has trouble even with tripls already.

 

I am not sure Raf would be a good choice for someone with Jason's mentality, but he's certainly a better option than say, someone like Frank. 

 

I do think it's a fair question to raise, and IMO there's a good case to argue that he should have already changed coaches. The quad took so long and still isn't there and I just don't know, especially that no matter what he said (and really Jason?) he has been iffy for quite a bit of this season. It looks like a perfect recipe for a change but who knows, he may up and retire instead.

TCC isn't a magic land to fix everything. They didn't manage to fix all Nam's weaknesses, Adam improve alot more when he move to Raf. If you look at some TCC skaters, their original technique are always there. The thing with TCC is that they help skater land their jump more often, but they didn't fix the whole technique. Look at Javi's lutz and flip, Jun's 3A or Gabby's flip/lutz. Yuzuru's flip is one of the rare exceptions and I feel it is he himself want to fix it ( although the fall at Sochi might play a big part :laughing:). I think everyone want to train with great coaches, systems and all, but things are not that easy. 

I always feel Jason should change coach after Sochi. Its frustrated that he couldn't get that quad in 4 years and his problem with 3A cameback at the most important season. I know he has a great relationship with Kori, and she did a great job with him but sometime you need a big change to breakthrough. Yuzuru moved to TCC at the best timing, and its great to know that Nanami-san actually advised him to get a foreign coach

 

Back to the Olys/WC team, it is exactly what I expected. Adam skate well during GPs series, I think they need him for the team event and WC to secure 3 spots. I feel bad for Ross, no Olys and WC, but not even 1st alternate. And Max instead of Grant for 4CC. US fed surely want to keep up with drama :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Katt said:

TCC isn't a magic land to fix everything.

 

Yeah.. while I love Team Cricket and think they're great, they're not (and can't nor should be) for everyone :shrug:

11 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

Yeah.. while I love Team Cricket and think they're great, they're not (and can't nor should be) for everyone :shrug:

Well, at the very least, I wish Mr. Triple Axel would create a 3A summer camp for elite skaters because, seriously, very few skaters have a good one...

 

Then again, maybe I'm just being spoiled by Yuzu.

Ice Dance should be starting soon. I forget why I hate watching NBC. Keep getting Nathen shoved down my throat at every turns. Yes I know he is the inventor of quads, quad king, the best there ever was yes Yes yes lol 

 

Eta: oh they showing the last two grps of men’s free. 

1 minute ago, Sammie said:

Ice Dance should be starting soon. I forget why I hate watching NBC. Keep getting Nathen shoved down my throat at every turns. Yes I know he is the inventor of quads, quad king, the best there ever was yes Yes yes lol 

 

Pressure on his shoulders before Olys big time :snbleh:

18 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Pressure on his shoulders before Olys big time :snbleh:

Well he handled it pretty well her while sick, so I don't put it past him to be able to deliver when it matters. 

1 minute ago, Danibellerika said:

Well he handled it pretty well her while sick, so I don't put it past him to be able to deliver when it matters. 

I think Nathan always peak at Nationals, he manage to do quite similar at last year 4CC so I think he may do the same at Olys. But all the hypes and talks about his water down layout and no 4lz are abit unhealthy IMO. Who's know how he's gonna do with the pressure of upping the layout. Many thought he would be World champ after 4CC last year but the pressure kind of got to him, boot issue aside. This time the pressure will be 10x bigger and Olys is always a different demon. We'll see how it turn out.  

Teehee, watching Johnny and Tara commentating on Nathan this time... saying his quads looked so easy. They did not look easy to me, nor were they all very well done. Landed, yes, but laboured with heavy landings. You cannot tell me an apple is red when it is green.  That being said, he showed real toughness in order to do that while sick. I think he will be a tough competitor at Olympics. He knows he can do it even while sick, so that really helps him psychologically. 

2 minutes ago, liv said:

Teehee, watching Johnny and Tara commentating on Nathan this time... saying his quads looked so easy. They did not look easy to me, nor were they all very well done. Landed, yes, but laboured with heavy landings. You cannot tell me an apple is red when it is green.  That being said, he showed real toughness in order to do that while sick. I think he will be a tough competitor at Olympics. He knows he can do it even while sick, so that really helps him psychologically. 

I just chalk it up that they haven’t seen Yuzu in months and forgot what easy and flawless quads look like. 

Nathen is smart though he know he is sick and won’t do the 4lutz in fear of injuring himself....... Yuzu 👀👀👀

Or, he is American and on an American broadcast they are not going to criticize their best skater and hope for Olympic medal!!!

 

Next week is Cdns and I am sure the announcers will be talking up our skaters' chances and skills too!! It is what you do. 

 

 

Is Nathan sick now or was he sick before? I think I read somewhere that he was sick after GPF and lost training time but not that he is currently ill  :confused:  

 

I am getting really confused with all the news about injuries and sickness, I can't keep track anymore :13877886:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.