Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2017] USA Nats - Men, Pairs, Ice Dance SP & FS

Featured Replies

So gutted for Ross... to skate his dream and then find out it is a nightmare.... I am hoping, though, that all skaters were aware of the selection criteria and he knew his lack of international results might hurt him.  Hopefully that could soften the blow... and hope they send him to world's then. He did WIN his podium spot with a great skate. 

I guess Ross will be going to 4CC then. None of the Olympic ladies are going, so I guess it's the same for men. He deserves something at least.

  • Author
20 minutes ago, liv said:

So gutted for Ross... to skate his dream and then find out it is a nightmare.... I am hoping, though, that all skaters were aware of the selection criteria and he knew his lack of international results might hurt him.  Hopefully that could soften the blow... and hope they send him to world's then. He did WIN his podium spot with a great skate. 

 

We were, so I am sure they were. It's been out for a good while. I think he probably knew already. Honestly, I hope they send him to 4CC, though I imagine Worlds is going to be a tougher sell. 

I think USFS is aware Vincent is highly problematic. They all talk about his URs but his PCS is ludicrous. All it takes is to compare what he gets at international meets and you just laugh. So if they send Nathan, Vincent and Ross to Worlds they may actually find themselves losing that third spot. I am not sure what they're going to do there. 

42 minutes ago, liv said:

So gutted for Ross... to skate his dream and then find out it is a nightmare.... I am hoping, though, that all skaters were aware of the selection criteria and he knew his lack of international results might hurt him.  Hopefully that could soften the blow... and hope they send him to world's then. He did WIN his podium spot with a great skate. 

 

Ross knows the selection criteria and he in no way belongs on the US Olympic team (check out his Wikipedia page). I like the guy a lot but he just FINALLY happened to have a great skate, probably because he wasn't under the kind of pressure the other top guys were. 

 

What I'm wondering is who the first alternate will be:  Ross or Jason? With all the injuries lately, one of them could very well end up going to the Olympics.

Just now, GreatLakesGal said:

 

Ross knows the selection criteria and he in no way belongs on the US Olympic team (check out his Wikipedia page). I like the guy a lot but he just FINALLY happened to have a great skate, probably because he wasn't under the kind of pressure the other top guys were. 

 

What I'm wondering is who the first alternate will be:  Ross or Jason? With all the injuries lately, one of them could very well end up going to the Olympics.

 

I agree. He doesn't belong on the US Olympic Team. Still, after a great skate like that, and finishing 2nd not 3rd, it probably raised his hopes a little bit. I am not a fan of any of these guys, but I"m sure to actually see the decision in its finality probably crushed him a bit. There was probably a bit of a dream inside him... or, maybe just the result itself was enough of a victory for him and he already knew before the competition that he wasn't going. I guess it depends on what goal he had when he entered the competition. 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, liv said:

he already knew before the competition that he wasn't going

 

He knew, I am sure of it and I think this probably helped him skate as he did. After all, he had zero pressure. Which is quite different from Adam and Jason. 

9 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

 

Ross knows the selection criteria and he in no way belongs on the US Olympic team (check out his Wikipedia page). I like the guy a lot but he just FINALLY happened to have a great skate, probably because he wasn't under the kind of pressure the other top guys were. 

 

What I'm wondering is who the first alternate will be:  Ross or Jason? With all the injuries lately, one of them could very well end up going to the Olympics.

first alternate is Jason, Ross is second alternate, wow.. I'm more surprised at this than Ross not making the team tbh.. that's pretty harsh of the US even tho it's very understandable seeing Ross' body of work :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: Hope he'll have another good skate at 4CC

2 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

first alternate is Jason, Ross is second alternate, wow.. I'm more surprised at this than Ross not making the team tbh.. that's pretty harsh of the US even tho it's very understandable seeing Ross' body of work :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: Hope he'll have another good skate at 4CC

I'm not really surprised.

 

I think had the standings been Nathan, Adam, Vincent, then Jason, I think Jason could have been selected over Vincent. Jason's great and it's a pity he messed up 

his free last night.

 

I do think it would be nice to send Ross to the Worlds and 4cc though.

  • Author
10 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

first alternate is Jason, Ross is second alternate, wow.. I'm more surprised at this than Ross not making the team tbh.. that's pretty harsh of the US even tho it's very understandable seeing Ross' body of work :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: Hope he'll have another good skate at 4CC

 

Actually, when you add up all the criteria that the fed has laid out, the order would be Jason>Adam>>>>>Ross. Of course Jason ended up 6th, and that really would have been an issue so since Adam was so close, and has had a good season (and IMO is in better shape, no matter how much I love Jason and think he's a better skater) he goes. So I am not surprised that Jason is first alternate because he really does have a huge advantage over Ross. Take a look at Ross' results prior to these Nats and his scores. They're ... really not good.

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

 

Actually, when you add up all the criteria that the fed has laid out, the order would be Jason>Adam>>>>>Ross. Of course Jason ended up 6th, and that really would have been an issue so since Adam was so close, and has had a good season (and IMO is in better shape, no matter how much I love Jason and think he's a better skater) he goes. So I am not surprised that Jason is first alternate because he really does have a huge advantage over Ross. Take a look at Ross' results prior to these Nats and his scores. They're ... really not good.

I know but reading it I'm still a bit :salty: I'm doubtful he would be sent to worlds as well.. Wish they would announce it soon cause I wanna sleep lol

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.