Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2017] USA Nats - Men, Pairs, Ice Dance SP & FS

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, Smultron said:

 

It's always such a nice moment when you finally "get" a skater or a team :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: 

The only word out inside your head is wow. Like Yuzu’s H&L and Wakaba’s Skyfall for me. 

  • Author
51 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

Do ice dancers normally repeat their programs? Like can the Shibs return to their Fix You program for the Olympics?

 

They can, whether they will is another matter. It's a really short time from now to the Olys.

6 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Nathan has a recent example of what can happen if you skate while you're sick.  As far as the hype is concerned I wonder whether he believes it, like Vincent, in which case he might have an unpleasant awakening, or whether he's calculating the odds, in which case he's a contender.  I think it's the latter- but I could easily be misreading him.

 

Tara and Johnny have their brief from NBC 

 

As far as I know, Nathan WAS sick after GPF, but was not sick at Nationals. Interesting that the narrative for Yuzuru is that he is "inconsistent" and if he's not perfect it's considered bombing. Whereas for Nathan, we've been hearing multiple excuses and reasons. Whatever 

Oh I totally agree with you about that - boots, flu etc.  It really annoys me that the narrative from commentators excuses some skaters but calls others inconsistent.  I can't remember which comp it was but I was sooo angry with BESP Team when they burbled on about Han Yan having 'lost his way' recently, when he spent the end of last season having surgery while someone else - (don't think it was Nathan that time- Shoma?) had boot problems or some vague illness to explain their subpar performance.

11 hours ago, Smultron said:

Wow, I've never really found watching H/D interesting before, but I think I've just become a fan? :smiley-love017: 

 

They're very, very good and I think their FD is one of the best in this season! :happy:

 

11 hours ago, liv said:

So glad for H/D to win the title. They weren't their best, but I thought the performance was there. Surprised that C/B got the highest of the night, but they hit their levels and that makes the difference. However, it was really close. The top 3 were just tenths of a point apart. The US has 3 strong teams, but in terms of getting the push from USFSA, hmmm, don't know who they will go with. The Shibs definitely have to skate cleaner than they have lately because those errors have them in trouble... and, I have to say that this Coldplay program, imho, is their weakest one. I much prefer their Fix You part of the trilogy.

 

The Top 3 are great and I think we can count Hawayek/Baker too (by the way, they were the only one of the Top 4 who got level 4 for everything!). I agree witth that ShibShibs need to skate cleaner because they continue to make mistakes then they can loose to H/D again... even to C/B if they go completely clean and skate their best. The Olympics is going to be very interesting, that's for sure!

I still prefer the Shibs from the three couples. For me the difference was crystal clear especially in SD also technically in accuracy of footwork and other movements. The Shibs skate as one in all aspects. Not only their footwork but also their posture, extension and expression are alike and more refined. Imo in that area they stand out from the other couples. Also both Maia and Alex express and shine but most important is that they do it seamlessly together. Many people say they lack passion, but I don´t see it that way. Instead I think in their case being a sister/brother couple is an advantage because physically they match perfectly together and they also know each others minds thoroughly. In ID the style means a lot too and I prefer them because I like their style too. I think Coldplay works well with their contemporary, fresh and cool style. The Shibs are like bright sunlight to me.
 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.