Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2017] USA Nats - Men, Pairs, Ice Dance SP & FS

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

question, in the race of nationals inflation, who is winning right now?

 

The US, I’d say, judging by what Bradie got. There were half a dozen good Russian girls who never received such scores...

though Alina was overscored too. 

At least Jason's costume was really nice. I liked it a lot.

 

No spiral at the Olympics, I suppose. I think I'll relocate to that vat of stout today.

47 minutes ago, Xen said:

question, in the race of nationals inflation, who is winning right now?

 

My greedy wish is to see a top notch clean Yuzu, clean Javi, clean Patrick and clean Boyangman at olys and worlds in all programs, to show the world what clean technique and good artistry means. And Yuzu, plus especially Mikhail and Boyang to land all them quads and those lutzes, to show what big jumps mean. It is the only way to heal this season for the mens.

 

 

Speaking of Boyang: It annoys me to no end that Nathan is now the one that has been pushing the technical boundaries, when really Boyang was the one who started the quad race and then was mercilessly dragged by (mainly N.A.) fans for 3 seasons because of it. But all of the sudden usfsa decides "hey were going to make our own narrative since we now have an ogm contender" and now team usa fans are jumping on this annoying ass hype train. It's funny bc the same folks said Boyang was killing the sport, but now it's Nathan that is the pioneer of men's skating idgi.  It feels really disingenuous from them.

 

A/N: Am I making any sense here? Sorry for the verbal diarrhea lol. I have a thesis worth of thoughts lately.

Well I wasn't expecting to wake up to this :eek:

Jumping in with a shallow comment because I don't want to open a can of worms:

 

Am I just blinded by my bias? I saw Nathan's new FS costume for Nats and thinks he should ditch it...but I think Yuzu would pull it off and skate grandly and fiercely in it, like I wish he would do a competition in his training UA wear. But of course I love both Yuzu's costumes this year so fine.

3 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Jumping in with a shallow comment because I don't want to open a can of worms:

 

Am I just blinded by my bias? I saw Nathan's new FS costume for Nats and thinks he should ditch it...but I think Yuzu would pull it off and skate grandly and fiercely in it, like I wish he would do a competition in his training UA wear. But of course I love both Yuzu's costumes this year so fine.

 

Widely held opinion. :) Yuzu's secret weapon is his elegant swan neck. Nathan looks much better in lower cuts. A designer should know that. >_>

OMG what an unexpected results. The Olys team announcement will be interesting 

 

Ross had the performance of the night. I dont like this program but what a moment. That said, they overlooked his UR on 4S and 3A

Vincent skate well too. Surprise that they call all his URs, and 87pcs is a joke 

Good for Nathan to stayed on his feet. 95 pcs is lol but i dont expect less when they gave Vincent 87. His jumps were better than the SP. But I'm sad that this program become emptier and emptier each time he skate. Its looked so promised when he debut.

I feel bad for Jason. Now not only quad but his problem with 3A cameback. But at least he already got Olys experience

After watching men and ladies, US National is just a politic's game. If you look at the 2 podiums, exactly the same thing happened. Bradie and Nathan is in their own tier, untouchable. Only difference is Bradie won't get that score at Olys but Nathan can. Ross and Mirai have the skate of their life, with some help from tech panel. Karen and Vincent were the only ones who get all the URs calls but they still on the podium because other mess up too. 

 

I think the Olys team will be Nathan, Adam and close call between Ross and Vincent. Its gonna be harder than ladies because Ross had silver. Maybe its just me but I always find it funny when body of work argument is always a criteria in US. For me, I can only see body of work work for the case like Yuzuru and Evgenia. 

 

24 minutes ago, Katt said:

 

I think the Olys team will be Nathan, Adam and close call between Ross and Vincent. Its gonna be harder than ladies because Ross had silver. Maybe its just me but I always find it funny when body of work argument is always a criteria in US. For me, I can only see body of work work for the case like Yuzuru and Evgenia. 

 

 

I actually share a different opinion. I think body of work should count for every selection process, in every country, and count as part of the criteria just as much as a nationals podium finish. I understand the pressure of nationals but it's one competition. You can falter there due to a myriad of reasons so I don't feel like that one competition should function as an Olympic trial. I'll be fine with whatever decision is made, though, like I was fine with Kaori going over Wakaba or Karen over Ashley, as I was fine with Yuzu getting the spot without even being at Nationals. I even would be fine with different Worlds and Olys allocations, like Japan did, but since that didn't happen for the ladies,  doubt it'll happen for the men. 

 

I know people decried the selection competitions the Korean federation had but at least it was an objective mathematical game in the end. 

Regarding the UA costume points above - you need YH lines to get away with it - look at how we all love the practice vids of him cooling down just stroking.  Nathan can jump but he has stiff knees and lacks that ease and fluidity.  Perhaps Ms Wang is planning to expand her empire to sports gear.

Gutted for Jason. Crossing my fingers for Adam. I don't know why but I like Vincent even though he's just as much a jumping bean as Nathan, who I don't like because I feel like they're shoving him and his "artistry" down our collective throats.I'm sorry, but those PCS scores for him is a joke. He score higher PCS than Yuzuru in Rosteledom. Sure Yuzu wasn't perfect in that one, but I don't see how he would have gotten such an improvement from 88 international judges give to 94+ in a month. That's why Nationals scores don't count. I just feel sorry for the ones screwed over because of elevated PCS for select few.

33 minutes ago, Katt said:

OMG what an unexpected results. The Olys team announcement will be interesting 

 

Ross had the performance of the night. I dont like this program but what a moment. That said, they overlooked his UR on 4S and 3A

Vincent skate well too. Surprise that they call all his URs, and 87pcs is a joke 

Good for Nathan to stayed on his feet. 95 pcs is lol but i dont expect less when they gave Vincent 87. His jumps were better than the SP. But I'm sad that this program become emptier and emptier each time he skate. Its looked so promised when he debut.

I feel bad for Jason. Now not only quad but his problem with 3A cameback. But at least he already got Olys experience

After watching men and ladies, US National is just a politic's game. If you look at the 2 podiums, exactly the same thing happened. Bradie and Nathan is in their own tier, untouchable. Only difference is Bradie won't get that score at Olys but Nathan can. Ross and Mirai have the skate of their life, with some help from tech panel. Karen and Vincent were the only ones who get all the URs calls but they still on the podium because other mess up too. 

 

I think the Olys team will be Nathan, Adam and close call between Ross and Vincent. Its gonna be harder than ladies because Ross had silver. Maybe its just me but I always find it funny when body of work argument is always a criteria in US. For me, I can only see body of work work for the case like Yuzuru and Evgenia. 

 

I agree. I remember when I watched his LP the first time that it had promise. That it wasn't going to be as empty as last year's. I was worried that once he add quads, it would revert back to skate from one side to the other in order to set up a jump. This LP delivered on those fears. At least with the quads better distributed, it's not quite as empty. I still like his SP though and look forward to seeing that in person.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.