Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2017] USA Nats - Men, Pairs, Ice Dance SP & FS

Featured Replies

8 hours ago, xeyra said:

 

Also there seems to be a lot of anger over Vincent's URs. People seem to think them unfair? And seeing as Vincent just posted saying he rotated those jumps, I'm not sure he will use the calls as an impetus to work on his rotations as much as I wish. 

Where? Oh noes

2 minutes ago, Sammie said:

 

Welp ross also dumped for worlds as expected :slinkaway: and no jason either at worlds :sad-smiley-046:

  • Author

Yeah, expected choices, and not surprised no Ross for Worlds. Those three spots are a must. 

 

I don't think I'll stop rolling my eyes at the whole Vincent mess until Worlds are done. It's he who is the issue, not Adam because lower Vincent's PCS and suddenly things get rearranged. But they wanted him and that's not news, so they got him. We'll see how that affects his future as I don't think it'll do him any favors to get the rewards now. With his - Olympics in my first senior season statement - I have zero hope that he'll understand how many issues he actually has.

They going to be showing the last two grp for Ice Dance on NBC at 3 est time. 

16 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

It's he who is the issue, not Adam because lower Vincent's PCS and suddenly things get rearranged.

They were probably expecting Adam to skate better than he did, or at least if he only popped one of those triples then he would have won over Vincent. If Vincent skated after Adam, he might have gotten lower PCS then. Seems like they were keeping him as an alternate in case both Adam and Jason really tank (the way that Jason did, so unfortunate for him, but it was just too much pressure). Or PCS inflation is just the name of the game at US Nats and UR calls are what they use to keep people down (unless you're Ashley, ofc). If they gave Vincent 87 then Nathan deserves a 95, ofc :P

21 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

Is it quoted from this post here?

 

Oh dear - he seemed to be quite a nice kid- and then you read something like this 🙄.  It would be good if someone - coach/parent/sibling were to sit him down and have a blunt talk, preferably with the visual aid of slo mo footage of some of his body of work, but I suppose if there were someone like that in his life he wouldn't be putting stuff like this out there.

Allow me a moment to mourn another round of prediction gone dramatically wrong :smiley-sad016:

Why, Adam? And why, Jason? :cry:

 

Anyway, congrats to the medalists and to those going to Olys :clap:(selfishly glad Adam's FS is going to be skated on that stage:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:)

oh Jason, this season had started quite well for you and then from NHK...:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

 

Now let's go to the fluffy part

Yay, I knew Nathan's FS costume couldn't be worse than the SP one:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:...it was only as bad, alas:drama:

I'm not going to clutch at straws again to find some kind of correlation between that black thing and the program, I give up. But please, from now one someone keep Nathan and Vera Wang separated!:tumblr_inline_mm2wbbdJC51qz4rgp:

Btw I think what bothers me the most in his ultra-boringfashionable outfists (more than the lack of true sparkles:P) is that they make Nathan look kind of "heavier" and stiffer, while the fluttering shirts added a little bit of airy quality to his movements... has he put on more muscles and got bulkier over a few weeks or it's really only fault of those costumes? 

 

About the scores...which scores? I don't know them :animated-smileys-cheeky-041:

Tbh I'm surprised they didn't threw Nathan even higher marks, tho maybe they thought it wouldn't be classy go too much overboard without any 4Lz.... PCS aren't surprirsing, all considered but I really, really hope when people will have direct comparison among top skaters the scores will be a bit more reasonable.

Vincent has the potential, but his coaching team imo has taken the wrong direction and apparently the guy lacks some proper input to realize what he exactly needs to fix. I admit that when after GP he said they were going to rework their strategy, a tiny part of me had hoped they would reduce the quads and focus on the quality. No such luck. But he got onto the podium thanks to those quads and despite the URs, and got those giant PCS that maybe got a bit to his head, and if his team really let him think those quads are OK...:slinkaway:

My dream is for him to move to TCC, so he can get some serious skating skill and spins training + cleaner quads and he and Jun Hwan can train together and grow towards 2022:tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow: (and maybe be inspired by Yuzuru's technique, skills and general awesomeness :P). Then Shun Sato could join too and train alongside Stephen Gogolev and men's skating would be settled for the next 10 years or so :biggrin:

 

Jr Worlds: nooooooo why no Andrew nooooo :sigh: Camden and Tomoki tho:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

18 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

My dream is for him to move to TCC, so he can get some serious skating skill and spins training + cleaner quads and he and Jun Hwan can train together and grow towards 2022:tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow: (and maybe be inspired by Yuzuru's technique, skills and general awesomeness :P). Then Shun Sato could join too and train alongside Stephen Gogolev and men's skating would be settled for the next 10 years or so :biggrin:

 

 

I approve of this scenario. Yuzu will need in-home competition if Javi ends up retiring after this season. :( 

Just a thought I had this morning:  If Jason continues to skate after this year, I hope he seriously considers a coaching change. If I were him and his family, I would secretly meet with Brian and Tracy at TCC and see if they would be interested in coaching him. It would mean Brian would need to get certain certifications to coach an American skater but I think he might be willing to do that for someone of Jason's stature and talent. Assuming Javi retires after this year, I think he and Tracy would have the time. And if Yuzu sticks around for another year, he and Jason would probably make great training partners and I suspect become very good friends.

 

Just a thought. :smile:

 

ETA:  Just realized I'm not the only one who had this idea. :goe:

Not sure after reading that post of his that Vincent would accept the need to go back and relearn significant areas of his technique.

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

 

I approve of this scenario. Yuzu will need in-home competition if Javi ends up retiring after this season. :( 

 

Yuzu would be much better off with Javi--Orser's surrogate son--out of the picture. Javi has even admitted that they aren't really friends and it's not hard to understand why.

isn't the mens tech panel for the olympics the coc tech panel, where vincent was barely called for his underrotations? lollll

3 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

Just a thought I had this morning:  If Jason continues to skate after this year, I hope he seriously considers a coaching change. If I were him and his family, I would secretly meet with Brian and Tracy at TCC and see if they would be interested in coaching him. It would mean Brian would need to get certain certifications to coach an American skater but I think he might be willing to do that for someone of Jason's stature and talent. Assuming Javi retires after this year, I think he and Tracy would have the time. And if Yuzu sticks around for another year, he and Jason would probably make great training partners and I suspect become very good friends.

 

Just a thought. :smile:

 

ETA:  Just realized I'm not the only one who had this idea. :goe:

Well, he was Rippon's coach years ago, so maybe he wouldn't have to do anything special to train an American skater?

 

I knew there was no real chance for Miner to get Olys spot, but somehow I had a very little hope they would send him to Olys instead of Vincent, and Vincent would get a Worlds spot. 

 

I would personally categorize Vincent as "athlete with potential", because he have te potential to be a quadster or/and have nice programs, but the problem with this category is, that most athletes don't make it out from it, and stay "an athlete with potential" for their whole career. But it's usually due to mental problems, so he has a chance if he start working on his weaknesses and make a coaching change.

But I'm sure he won't get as many carrots at Olympics and Worlds. And I would be very surprised if he would get 87 PCS there.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.