They would have to release it next week at the latest... Then skaters and coaches would have time to settle flights/accommodation etc and then be able to quarantine for 2 weeks. although I’m wondering, wouldn’t it be really expensive to book accommodation for 2 extra weeks? Who pays the fees? 

I thought, in the GPS this year, the organizers would invite whoever could participate in their events without self-quarantine, such as skaters training in their country or from somewhere to which they don't close their borders. I wonder if assigning is possible under this circumstance since the situation in each country is changing rapidly... 

1 hour ago, river said:

They can’t put it off too much longer, Skate America is in 4 weeks... :facepalm:

Feel bad for the skaters in limbo. Skaters with GPs in their country know they'll probably be assigned if the event takes place but... Everyone else ... Once again, small fed skaters are screwed (especially those who need minimums)

On 9/24/2020 at 2:40 AM, LadyLou said:

In a (un)surprising turn of events, we might have to wait a further little bit more than we expected 

though at this point, who knows, truly

IMO, unless the event was literally in your backyard: who do they think is even going to attend?

not a link 'cause I saw the screenshot and I don't care seaching for this guy's tweets but

Immagine

Not surprised but kinda relieved for the no audience, I was expecting even worse from USA (sorryyyyyyyy)

still think ISU should have just stopped pretending a GP is happening, even if in name only

timeline for the assignments release more optimistic than the other LOL

I’m probably being a naive provincial English person but I find it .... odd, that the authority behind the ruling that the event should be without fans ( with which I totally agree, if it is to be held at all ) comes not from the sport’s governing body, or the federal or state authorities, but the Nevada Gaming Control board????   Still, good to see that someone will stand up and try to regulate the event.

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

I’m probably being a naive provincial English person but I find it .... odd, that the authority behind the ruling that the event should be without fans ( with which I totally agree, if it is to be held at all ) comes not from the sport’s governing body, or the federal or state authorities, but the Nevada Gaming Control board????   Still, good to see that someone will stand up and try to regulate the event.

ISU is just hopeless.....all that $$$ motivates them, not commonsense!!

Tbh I am a bit surprised Budapest Trophy takes place. Two competitions in early October (one figure skating and one short track) got cancelled by the federation, and there are also positive cases in the short track team (they train on the same rink as some figure skaters). The numbers are also growing each day in the country. 

TBH, I'm not understanding why the ISU is still talking about making assignments, since they already said that GPs entries were not going to be as usual this year and should instead go to skaters in the same geographic area as the event. Unless they mean for small fed skaters who aren't in or near a country with a GP.

3 часа назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

TBH, I'm not understanding why the ISU is still talking about making assignments, since they already said that GPs entries were not going to be as usual this year and should instead go to skaters in the same geographic area as the event. Unless they mean for small fed skaters who aren't in or near a country with a GP.

I think cuz there are some unknown facts, like T/M I think we're going to ScAm not CoR, some of American ID couples also thought about ScAm and not SC (even if training in Montreal), or maybe it's more like some official procedure.