These are all for giving ISU staff some works to do while earning their paycheck. 

Post notice saying they are in discussion...

Post notice saying announcements delay...

Post notice saying who are assigned where...

Post notice saying who is withdrawing...

Post notice saying event cancelled... 

FYI for Canadian events: https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/restrictions-on-non-u-s-international-travel-extended-to-oct-31-1.5127130  No one (apart from the US citizens, which :scratch2: considering the US's track record and once-again rising cases in certain states) will be allowed in unless they fit into certain exceptions.  Unless Jun is accepted as some kind of international student I can't see him being let in.  Could Katja even be considered an international student at her age?  Idk.  Even if J and K are allowed in, they will have to quarantine for 2 weeks.  No level playing field for them in that case.  If the ISU permits virtual entries then that of course is a different matter, though again it doesn't seem quite fair to the skaters, though better than the quarantine option. 

Anyway, as cases are rising here in Ontario, I don't feel comfortable with skaters risking themselves to fly within Canada, let alone internationally.  Let's not forget the steady trickle of COVID-positive airline-related cases that have been arriving here all through the summer and now fall.  Honestly, I'd 1000% support the cancelling of SCI as part of restrictions to move case numbers back down sharply.  Disappointing?  Yes, but better than anyone present falling ill and potentially spreading it to others.

I can't even watch any Russian events now, too sickened and disgusted by the lax to near complete lack of safety protocols being followed.  You'd think they'd want to protect the talent, knowledge, and skill their skaters and coaching teams represent, but :shrug:  I expect to feel similarly about IdF, considering the laxness of French authorities and resulting spike in cases.  Audiences anywhere, even by countries with somewhat better recent track records (China, Japan), seem like a wholly unnecessary risk.  We are not talking here about the potential for the illness alone, but also long-term consequences. 

not surprised about NHK having audience, especially after they had been allowing lots of people for JO. NHK is just a much bigger fish(commercially) than regionals and sectionals, of course they'll try to get as much revenue out of it as possible. Oh well. At least we can expect a much better organization than we've seen at russian comps, and people attending will dutifully keep their masks on.

Still worrying for me that GP happens during autumn. Most of the northern hemisphere was reached by the pandemic at the very tail of winter and has been facing new peaks during summer, even (and sometimes with schools still closed). Now most activities have resumed and everyone's gonna be indoors more... it doesn't bode particularly well...

Kao being suprised... uh, T/M, some Gadbois skaters etc had been told their assignments by their feds beforhand, but it looks like JSF didn't bother. Well, at least NHK is in late November and Kao is in Japan, so he doesn't have to plan for int travela and quarantine...

15 hours ago, Songster01 said:

FYI for Canadian events: https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/restrictions-on-non-u-s-international-travel-extended-to-oct-31-1.5127130  No one (apart from the US citizens, which :scratch2: considering the US's track record and once-again rising cases in certain states) will be allowed in unless they fit into certain exceptions.  Unless Jun is accepted as some kind of international student I can't see him being let in.  Could Katja even be considered an international student at her age?  Idk.  Even if J and K are allowed in, they will have to quarantine for 2 weeks.  No level playing field for them in that case.  If the ISU permits virtual entries then that of course is a different matter, though again it doesn't seem quite fair to the skaters, though better than the quarantine option. 

Anyway, as cases are rising here in Ontario, I don't feel comfortable with skaters risking themselves to fly within Canada, let alone internationally.  Let's not forget the steady trickle of COVID-positive airline-related cases that have been arriving here all through the summer and now fall.  Honestly, I'd 1000% support the cancelling of SCI as part of restrictions to move case numbers back down sharply.  Disappointing?  Yes, but better than anyone present falling ill and potentially spreading it to others.

I can't even watch any Russian events now, too sickened and disgusted by the lax to near complete lack of safety protocols being followed.  You'd think they'd want to protect the talent, knowledge, and skill their skaters and coaching teams represent, but :shrug:  I expect to feel similarly about IdF, considering the laxness of French authorities and resulting spike in cases.  Audiences anywhere, even by countries with somewhat better recent track records (China, Japan), seem like a wholly unnecessary risk.  We are not talking here about the potential for the illness alone, but also long-term consequences. 

Second Addendum: Tweeted out by Ottawa's Public Health Unit

Addendum: Toronto's top public health doctor is asking the province to institute much stronger restrictions including suspending indoor sporting activities (not sure yet if only for gyms or team sports as listed in the screenshot, or if rinks and individual sports would also be included.  No idea if our "Do as I say, not as I do" premier will institute these measures and if so, if they would only be for Toronto, only for the GTA, or would also include the Ottawa area.  We reached over 700 cases today, which once again is worse than the numbers we got last spring.  Positivity, ages of those infected, hospitalizations going up since the middle of last month, so I hope we act before those numbers rival spring statistics.  If SCI is a casualty it would be disappointing, but it is better to prevent the surge from getting worse:

4 hours ago, Songster01 said:

Second Addendum: Tweeted out by Ottawa's Public Health Unit

Thing is, I work in Ottawa's largest hospital, and as of the most recent report from our CEO, we have only 10 cases in the hospital and 3 in ICU. Yes, positive cases are going up but it's not being reflected in hospitalizations (yet). Maybe this second round won't be as lethal? One can hope.

Also, it's important to remember that the phrase 'hospitals nearing capacity' actually is a description of normal operating conditions, not something that happens because of COVID. Ontario hospitals are chronically over capacity for the past ten years.

Of course long term care was, is, and shall remain a disaster as long as it's business as usual in them. I find it incredibly sad that we can't do better for the most vulnerable among us.

Just now, Melodie said:

Welp!

I don't think it is a motive of despair. There's an ongoing struggle in France between scientists (who want the right measures to be taken, not useless dictatorial ones, and people to be properly informed) and the government. There's more than a month left.

Though, it would be safe for the public with proper measures, but I would really like ceiling-hung protections for the skaters, because they breathe very deep and are exhausted, so more vulnerable than the public, even if usually the transmission is not via air but via touching the face after having touched a contaminated surface etc. Or, the championship to be held without spectators if it cannot be otherwise.

6 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Oh dear... I heard Paris is going to have a two-week lockdown too, right? 

Paris (and close suburbs) is about to close bars (often used as substitute night clubs, which cause clusters; though they had to close at 10pm since a week and I don't see that they have monitored the efficiency of this first measure, the Government keep changing their own rules and don't seem concerned to the least by the real epidemic, in general it is a bit complicated), and ask classes etc to be filled at only 50%.

7 hours ago, Melodie said:

Finger crossed! But I do wonder if the other GPs will still carry on if IDF is cancelled? There may not be GPF anyway.

I think US, CoR and NHK will follow through most likely. Though Russia and Moscow numbers are on the rise, so for now it's impossible to predict.

9 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Though, it would be safe for the public with proper measures,

The question is if public is willing to follow the measures. I am sure that at NHK they will, cuz that's how Japanese are, and at CoR they won't, I don't know how it'll be in France. If there's a doubt it's more simple to hold it without audience.