5 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Fair point about Javi. I thought that, being a private club, members were required to pay some kind of membership fee, if that's not the case and they just pay for the individual activities they take, that's good

I disagree about Nanami, and I am not thinking about full time work anyway, just some exchange of opinion every once on a while, or a chat, things that could reasonably happen if they ever happen to meet. With Yuzu's penchant for making questions and asking for opinions, it's likely he does discuss this or that thing with someone else, every once in a while

Membership fee, maybe, but its just similar to credit card yearly fee. Each skater have different schedule, its doesn't make sense that someone train for 10h/a week have to pay the same as someone who does for 20h/week. It would be crazy  and unfair if they have to pay for ice time/coaching lesson when they don't even there or  doing ice shows. 

About Nanami, if its just some general chat, we'll never know.One time when Yuzuru trained in Sendai and he wanted Nanami to watch over him, she said he need to ask Orser for his permission. 

I don't know why people put Evgenia and Yuzuru in the same page :facepalm: He's the same situation as Kurakova and Junhwan, not her 

9 hours ago, Katt said:

I think at worse it will be postponed for a year, the situation aren't that bad compare to 2020 Tokyo. As far as I know, China ban all kind of concerts till the end of 2021 to avoid big gatherings and Imo its a right decision. I do think after Wuhan trauma, China handled all other outbreaks afterwards very well. Of all GPs, Coc is the safest.  

Are they even going to hold CoC? I thought China had banned all sports events until 2021 too

5 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

9 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

I just wondering the same thing regarding Yuzuru situation and payment to his coaches.He is not using TCC facilities and as far as what Brian said in interview before he hasn't been contacted by Yuzu either.So if their paying by weeks/coach time/ice time ..its a relief then.Just when i was lurking on twitter some are saying TCC already loss 2 skaters.Yuzu and Evegenia

I've noticed that there are lot of people on Twitter who are quite, quite nasty about Brian and TCC, who are gleeful and smug that all this is happening, and saying that those who like and support TCC are 'learning their lesson' about not making a cult of a particular club or idolizing the bond between a coach and skater just because they 'post faked friendship photos on Instagram'. Sweet Mother Mary, I don't know what goes through people's heads for them to say garbage like that. 

This pandemic is ripping all kinds of people apart who were together and happy with each other before, and it's downright tragic. It's no less tragic for it to happen to a sports team or figure skating club than to any other group of friends. 

I know we're not supposed to drag up drama from outside social media on here, but when I see people taking that much evil enjoyment over someone else's pain...:judge:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I've noticed that there are lot of people on Twitter who are quite, quite nasty about Brian and TCC, who are gleeful and smug that all this is happening, and saying that those who like and support TCC are 'learning their lesson' about not making a cult of a particular club or idolizing the bond between a coach and skater just because they 'post faked friendship photos on Instagram'. Sweet Mother Mary, I don't know what goes through people's heads for them to say garbage like that. 

I don't think its wrong to point out those who idolize coaching team, coach/skater bond too much. Some people act like Brian is a gentle dad, a saint who never does wrong to save Evgenia from evil mother Eteri and it bother me. Imo, just don't expect and believe in terms like family, mom, dad, best friend/team/club forever in elite sports. Coach-athlete relationship should be a professional one.

6 minutes ago, Katt said:

I don't think its wrong to point out those who idolize coaching team, coach/skater bond too much. Some people act like Brian is a gentle dad, a saint who never does wrong to save Evgenia from evil mother Eteri and it bother me. Imo, just don't expect and believe in terms like family, mom, dad, best friend/team/club forever in elite sports. Coach-athlete relationship should be a professional one.

Just because the relationship should be professional, doesn't mean it can't also be close and warm. And a sports team is not a purely professional environment. Teammates do build a bond with each other that is different and more emotionally involved than a regular work environment because they go through so much together. So it's not 'fake' when they talk about friendships with each other. 

And I think that to mock people who enjoy seeing that kind of friendship and camaraderie on social media, or who admire the coaches who are able to create that kind of environment for their skaters,  speaks volumes about the character of the person doing the mocking. 

2 minutes ago, Katt said:

In any professional relationship there is an affective dimension, and it is not surprising that skaters and their coaches have a relationship with child/parent aspects. Yet you are right to point out it is not a real parent/child relationship. By the way, Yuzuru Hanyu being a dominant character, I wouldn't be surprised should he have occasionally rubbed shoulders with Brian Orser, whatever his respect to him.

And I really agree with the risk in idolising a coaching team. Evguenia Medvedeva did feel well there, while she seems not to have felt well in 17/18 with Team Tutberidze. It is her experience, with, by the way, means different from Team Tutberidze's.

6 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Fair point about Javi. I thought that, being a private club, members were required to pay some kind of membership fee, if that's not the case and they just pay for the individual activities they take, that's good

TCC also has special membership tiers for elite athletes who train there. And perhaps a little creepily Yuzuru is probably the single most attention boost for TCC in recent years, including boosting memberships :D Plus ANA pays the yearly fee and the yearly fee isn't even that much for a normal member (before the aforementioned discount for elite athletes). The fee is like $2k/year which I'm sure ANA is more than happy and able to pay. But if Yuzu won't even step foot there he doesn't need to pay it; you can resume your membership at any time. TCC isn't some exclusive ivory tower lol, they are literally just a sports club.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Just because the relationship should be professional, doesn't mean it can't also be close and warm. And a sports team is not a purely professional environment. Teammates do build a bond with each other that is different and more emotionally involved than a regular work environment because they go through so much together. So it's not 'fake' when they talk about friendships with each other. 

And I think that to mock people who enjoy seeing that kind of friendship and camaraderie on social media, or who admire the coaches who are able to create that kind of environment for their skaters,  speaks volumes about the character of the person doing the mocking. 

I kinda agree with you. It’s perhaps too idealistic to picture TCC as a true “family” but based on what I see I do think the coaches and skaters there are on good terms and supportive of one another. And yes professional relationships can certainly be warm and supportive! Classic examples: doctor-patient and teacher-student :) 

And I think I’ll be more surprised if you told me Yuzu has never ever gotten into disagreements with his coaches, when they’ve been working together for 8 years... 

dun-dun-dun-dun

Olivier Véran announced the lowering of the authorized spectator gauge from 5,000 to 1,000 people in the red zone. This measure concerns towns located in so-called enhanced alert red zones, ie "areas where the virus is circulating very strongly". The metropolises of Bordeaux, Lyon and Nice were already in this heightened alert zone, they are joined by those of Lille, Toulouse, Saint-Etienne, Rennes, Rouen, Grenoble, Montpellier as well as Paris and the departments of the inner suburbs. The Aix-Marseille metropolis and Guadeloupe are affected by the maximum alert zone.

The Minister of Health has also announced the closure of gymnasiums and sports halls in red zones of enhanced alert. "These are confined spaces where wearing a mask is impossible or at least complex and which are, unfortunately, places of significant contamination", explained Olivier Véran. This measure should pose a lot of problems both for PE courses in middle and high schools but also for indoor sports championships. Will professional clubs be spared? Today it is difficult to know precisely what will happen.

https://sport.francetvinfo.fr/omnisport/jauge-abaissee-1-000-spectateurs-fermeture-des-gymnases-ce-quil-faut-retenir-des?vzcz

I wouldn't be pessimistic for two reasons.

1) We are still in September and those fits go and come. There was a much stronger one in Belgium in July and it seems to have vanished in August.

2) The SARS-CoV2 (aka CoViD 19) viruses in circulation in France seem to be already on the same path as took SARS-CoV1 when it came : the original strain, quite pathogen, isn't found anymore, only the most recent mutations, which seem much less pathogenic. Given the rules for declaring places in "red zone" this pathogenicity shouldn't influence official decisions, only the numbers of contamination, but given that this very number of contamination is now more closely scrutinised, there could be U-turns (in the region I can follow, the proportion of positive tests haven't changed at all between Spring and Summer : from 9% to 8.5%, but they keep an even and rational cycle threshold of 35 : around 30 there are more and more false positives but they don't want to let a slightly positive person go and become ill and contagious; but over 35 there are no more real positives; and I understand that even in France now, some centres have a CT of 40 or more, leading to mistake traces or sample contamination for whole viruses, so I really don't know what is really going on, though people behaviour can be distressingly irresponsible).

I thank you much, @fyere0, for sending the news, because, well, when I see North American people criticise Trump, well I somehow understand them, but for a Frenchie he looks like a competent angel compared to that Olivier Véran, to the point I didn't feel equal to listen to his discourse. I'm a very bad fanyu.

8 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Somebody at ISU about to hit the Post button on GP assignments and then this announcement comes out.....

In a (un)surprising turn of events, we might have to wait a further little bit more than we expected 

though at this point, who knows, truly