1 hour ago, IceWings said:

Yuzu regularly wears a heart monitor.  At least fans assume that the small box he wears under his UA during practice is a heart monitor. 

I wonder if other skaters do that or it's just him because of his asthma.

I wonder a lot about that thing. I'm curious as to why he keeps it on even under his costumes while he's competing. Surely he doesn't have time to react to any information the monitor might tell him while he's in the middle of , say, Origin, or something. It has to be purely for data collection and then they use the info later, but in what way, I wonder. 

And if it's not a monitor...what could it be? 

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

I wonder a lot about that thing. I'm curious as to why he keeps it on even under his costumes while he's competing. Surely he doesn't have time to react to any information the monitor might tell him while he's in the middle of , say, Origin, or something. It has to be purely for data collection and then they use the info later, but in what way, I wonder. 

Does he wear it in competition? I have only seen it in practice.

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And if it's not a monitor...what could it be? 

Or maybe his team is monitoring him, so if they see any issues, they can react quickly.

18 hours ago, EternalSpin said:

News about Japan Open

Yes, there are some precautions but I think permitting an audience for this indoor event is ridiculous.  I feel sorry for the skaters taking part, forced to travel for JO and facing an audience from all over Japan, when even domestic travel during the pandemic should be very limited.  I'm glad Yuzuru isn't normally part of this and so likely didn't face pressure at least for this event.  And glad that Satoko and others are abroad and therefore not participating.  Hopefully the provinces and Skate Canada won't be permitting audiences at their events this season, so Satoko and the other skaters here should at least be safe from the additional potential infection sources an audience represents.  I'll happily pay for streams, but I won't potentially endanger others, most especially my immune-compromised partner, by attending a non-essential crowded indoor event, even with masks being worn. 

5 hours ago, IceWings said:

Or maybe his team is monitoring him, so if they see any issues, they can react quickly.

Well, even when he's collapsing off the ice, we haven't seen any sign of them having advance knowledge of it yet, so I'm not sure that's how it's used. 

26 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Would people be interested in a site that just scrapes ISU information, and puts it in like an Excel/CSV format for anyone to download? Something like SkatingScores but open source.

I confess I have long boycotted them, then I stopped after they aired Worlds 2017 on Youtube but I am still a bit reluctant to go on their site.

Not sure if it's been posted here but the Australian National Championships scheduled for Nov/Dec have been cancelled and won't be rescheduled due to the uncertainty of domestic border closures and quarantine measures. 

https://bddb0f3c-5b25-4fd8-b64c-5ae09e0c4567.filesusr.com/ugd/b5945d_2dae37622bff4dc1ae5b0d464ec781d2.pdf

ISU really is crazy to think 4CC could ever happen. 

On 9/6/2020 at 11:04 AM, yuzuangel said:

Would people be interested in a site that just scrapes ISU information, and puts it in like an Excel/CSV format for anyone to download? Something like SkatingScores but open source.

Maybe? I can't imagine what I'd use it for besides participating in fan projects though