3 часа назад, OonsieHui сказал:

Lol that's interesting because I had a kind of opposite reaction. 

From first look, far away, I didn't really like Otonal. It was only on close ups, and especially on close ups of the back, that I was like... okay..... There's something to love here....

But man.... Origin. From the second I saw it I liked it. Then I saw the close ups and I loved it. Then I saw it in movement and I adored it. Hands down my favourite Yuzuw costume. Ever. (To date) 

Origin is one of my faves already (up there with Etude and Seimei). Together with a programme (especially the beginning) and Yuzu's murderous looks it gives that amazing intimidating dark vibe. With all the feathers I have a feeling like he's a phoenix rising from the ashes or rather yatagarasu ))) *and it looks perfect with gold medals*  

And the details are amazing on both though we can see them only on close-up photos and not in the arena or watching on TV.

I love both costumes, they fit him and are so very Yuzu  :smiley-love017:

For Otonal, the blue is beautiful and the design in the back is gorgeous. My only issue is with the front, which is a bit short and is not very flattering for Yuzu (makes it look like he is wearing a smaller size than he should) but it is not a deal breaker and I love it anyway.

Origin is a piece of art. It is stunning, complex, dark and perfectly fits him and the music.

Both programs have very different feeling to them and both costumes fit and accentuate that feeling brilliantly, which is all In can ask from any costume (hopefully some people will get the memo one day) 

I can't and don't want to pick a favorite because both are great for the programs and look amazing on Yuzu  :10636614:

17 minutes ago, Neenah said:

For Otonal, the blue is beautiful and the design in the back is gorgeous. My only issue is with the front, which is a bit short and is not very flattering for Yuzu (makes it look like he is wearing a smaller size than he should) but it is not a deal breaker and I love it anyway.

This is my only issue too. All I can think of when I see that front is this

Spoiler

shoma-uno-of-japan-smiles-after-performi

and it kind of makes sense because how Shoma is built. 
But Yuzuru is not Shoma, so I get this same feeling of a skosh too small. There is no need to try and elongate him. In fact if he had a high collar there of some sort it'd work better. I mean I still love it because the details are truly incredible but it is too-Shoma like to enjoy it as much as I could have otherwise.

Origin is truly something, I am in love with it. It is so impactful that any similarities are driven out of my mind in an instant. I actually do not even think of them. He looks quite commanding, and dark, in a good way and frankly adult in that lovely mature way, that I am simply too googly eyed to think of much else. Those shoulders. Mmmm.

I do hope the designer will have a care in the future though. Her costumes are beginning to look alike way, way too much. 

4 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

frankly adult in that lovely mature way

This. I was thinking this too. He looks more the man in Origin, as opposed to the boy. And I even think Otonal is less androgynous than previous outfits and more masculine, though still elegant and pretty in that delightful Yuzu way.

I also feel like the costume conveys a sense of Plushenko's influence still, without being too literal about it. Plushy's competition outfits often had that feeling of hidden, contained fires within, ready to blaze up in a second with right breeze... that's the feeling Origin gives me. It's the smoldering, searing coals of a carefully banked fire, just needing a whisper of air to fan into flames

Loved both costumes but do feel Origin is the better fit.  Otonal from the back is absolutely stunning but for me the top is out of proportion and a tad too short.  Having said that a thunderous handclap to their maker.  The many intricacies must have taken forever and they were beautifully done.

5 hours ago, Lunna said:

But do we need to run away? It's the same designer so here comes similarities or lack of imagination on designer's part cuz Yuzu surely has his ideas and vision of a costume but it's not like he executes it. At least it's not the same year. Anyway Origin suits Yuzu perfectly and compliments his body line and has much more details.

And - say it though I shouldn't, and though I do love Shoma - because Yuzu has the longer, more slender body, more beautiful lines and curved movement, and that face and hairline, he isn't the one who would suffer in comparison....

The Otonal top is a little short in front, but it does the trick Yuzu (and his costumer) wants it to, just like most other things he's worn on the ice. He's used clever costuming to elongate his lower half and make himself look taller for years, to the point where we are all blissfully under the impression he is the leggiest boy ever. :68468287: He actually has a long torso and maybe very slightly longer than average legs for his height, but not much. Otonal, like Notte Stellata, is just that little bit on the short side in the front for strategic reasons.

I could write an entire essay analyzing each of Yuzu's costumes but.....it's almost bedtime. :dpooh:

I don't actually got the feeling that Otonal is too short at the front. Uh, probably because I mentally compared it to LGC. My only 'complaint' about the costume is that it is blue. I have a hard time to imagine "autumn" with the color. :68468287: 

His all three costumes this year have some similarities and distinction though. With his involvement in his costumes, I cannot help to wonder if this is planned. The color changes, the deep V, the back pattern on Otonal and Haru Yo Koi...

38 minutes ago, moonkat said:

tumblr_pfjw079cup1u0k2h5o1_r1_1280.jpg

bad edit #2 showing length

tumblr_pfjw079cup1u0k2h5o2_r1_1280.jpg

bad edit #3 showing skin

Okay, I'm done! Just wanted to show effects of the suggestions in the this forum. 

Just out of curiosity, could you do one with less of a v-neck? Or even a high coat one? Just for... science? :heartpound: