Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2022] Winter Olympic Games (04.02-20.02) - Women's FS

Featured Replies

*ekhem*

WAKABA HIGUCHI, SECOND LADY AFTER MAO ASADA TO LAND 3A IN BOTH SP AND FP AT THE OLYMPICS

Ah, I just remembered that after Kamila's skate, when they panned over to the green room, Sasha wasn't there and Anna looked emotionless while Kaori was looking at Anna to see her reaction at being Olympic champion. Probably Sasha was very upset already.

I'm so happy that Sasha landed 5 quads btw. A GIRL, barely 17 years old just did what Nathan was called a king for it. She basically threw away Nathan's legacy into the trash bin on the Olympics stage. Thank you girl <3 

Just now, Mary_kyo said:

I'm so happy that Sasha landed 5 quads btw. A GIRL, barely 17 years old just did what Nathan was called a king for it. She basically threw away Nathan's legacy into the trash bin on the Olympics stage. Thank you girl <3 

and it wasn't enough even for Gold here.... lol

3 minutes ago, shanshani said:

I mean, obviously she's not the only victim, but she is possibly the biggest victim of doping and pro-Russian favoritism. If you eliminate the Team Tut skaters from the 2019 worlds podium she would have been first (I guess Medvedeva was technically with Orser at that point but it doesn't erase any doping she might have received to help her train up to that point, and her lutz edge went uncalled anyway which would have made a difference). She's probably the one who's been most robbed of titles by Team Tut's cheating.

 

She also hurt herself trying to chase the Russians and didn't have the opportunity to go to the Olympics.

I agree that had Evgenias Lutz was called, Rika would have been on the podium in WC 2019 but to say Evgenia might have doped back then is a bit of a reach, no? Also, I don't think she is the biggest victim of pro-Russian favoritism but to each their own. 

 

Re: Beijing, that she didn't get to go to Beijing was a mix of many unfortunate things. 

 

Training quads might have brought her injuries, but would you say she would remain completely healthy drilling 3As and triple combos? For all we know, she might have that one horrible fall on one of those triples, one mis-step in one of those trainings. Exactly what cumulated in her not being able to join the Olys, only she knows. 

Just now, yuzuangel said:

and it wasn't enough even for Gold here.... lol

I hope she mentions this in her interviews. Because she did exactly what Nathan did and it's not that Anna's jumps are technically better or a much better skater lmao

15 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Guys, tbh, IMO, this is the worst Olympic figure skating competition I've seen in my life. Men's event .... a joke, Ice Dance a total bore, Ladies event - a mockery and a total disaster .... I really  hope that Pairs will somehow save the show ... sad, really sad ...

 

Yuzu is really the only light in these Olympics so far. I hope pairs will be a good event and Sui/Han will take their gold on home ice. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

uh huh

now do nathan

That'll be the day. Overscoring is only an issue when it's the Americans who don't win.

I'm... what. Wow. It was traumatizing but so happy for Kaori ;;;;

 

The drama though is a little much, wow those girls aren't friends anymore, are they? :(

19 minutes ago, Yuzupu said:

 

 

Best girls :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

So lovely

The contrast with the ROC camp - poor Kami Sasha and Anna

I wonder is Sasha is not a little upset that they let Kamila compete in the TE despite knowing she was doping, and of course she will be stripped of her medal but Sasha didn't get a chance to win a team gold

 

And she was probably hoping to make up for it by winning the individual event (she was 2nd at Nats after all) but then it didn't happen

39 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

The saddest part will be that she probably can never crawl back to the top. I don't dismiss the fact that I'm biased though and prefer her over Kaori. 

Who else from Team Japan is going to be at the top next year, if not her? Kaori probably will retire, Mana is still inconsistent, Wakaba is not supported by JSF, the rest doesn't have 3A (well, except Rinka). I would say if bad luck doesn't happen, the next cycle looks bright for her. 

Both Shcherbakova and Trusova shouldn't be on the podium anyway. Maybe Trusova by sheer BV force, but definitely not gold, so¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't feel bad for her. Even if they (Sh and T) aren't doping (after all there is no proof), they are still overscored to hell and beyond and get sweet confidence boost for this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.