Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2022] Winter Olympic Games (04.02-20.02) - Women's FS

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

Another great point from two women commentating for PL Eurosport (after Sasha's skate): "Technically that was insane, but in terms of components, she was nowhere near Wakaba or Loena. I wish one day we will have a skater that can do both Ultra-C hardest elements and the greates artistry". The second: "Yuzuru Hanyu". The firsrt: "Yes, we have one <laughing> but not yet in women field". (nothing about Nathan Chen). They did a great job overall. 

:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow::tumblr_llidknnxec1qzbrv5:

15 minutes ago, shanshani said:

ah, well, that's unfortunate. though I suppose if the rumors of her not doping do happen to be true, I would also be kind of mad. big if though

 

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I think in that camp, likely every skater is doped. And that has probably been the case for quite a couple of years.

Ah yes, actually Yuzu has spoiled me to the max. The only skater who can balance tech and artistic to the finest level. I watch both men and women and keep saying but this is not it. 

Meanwhile girls are fighting:

 

2 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

 

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I think in that camp, likely every skater is doped. And that has probably been the case for quite a couple of years.

Yeah, I guess my point is, if it just so happens to be true that she's not doping, then it's understandable that she's furious. Although it's just as likely that she simply thought she should win because she landed the quads. Unfortunately the Nathan Chen route doesn't work when you're up against someone with equal or more fed backing, Sasha.

Anna feels guilty probably, Sasha furious, Kamila traumatised and broken. What a farce - what does this look like to the world? I feel guilty admitting I like FS now!!! 

ISU totally to blame imo - it should never have come to this. Total failure of leadership, failure to prioritise safeguarding of children and young people which ALL organisations are duty bound usually through legislation to do. 

I am not convinced that Anna and Sasha (and other skaters like Aliona too) won't be tested as part of the investigation - hair tests show drug use over years (Anna has long hair  - Sasha has coloured hair which I understand might affect accuracy  of results but would still show substances).  Surely the investigators are firstly independent and secondly given powers to do whatever is necessary to get to the truth? Or am I being over optimistic about that?

(and I am not an expert on hair tests for substance misuse though have worked in a field where they are routinely done on parents of children in the child protection/legal system where substance misuse is suspected.)

This whole thing is so traumatic. Kudos to Kaori, Waka, Young and Yelim for going out and skate like that when it is all very hopeless and this sport fails them all. 

 

Still, I'm pissed for Waka. JSF gave her the cold shoulder then all stood up and cheered for Kaori. And it's infuriating because with this the ISU may get out of this unscathed.

 

I'm trying to take what I can get but it is all too depressing. 

2 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

 

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I think in that camp, likely every skater is doped. And that has probably been the case for quite a couple of years.

I mean, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that were the case (in retrospect, maybe this is why when some of them switched coaches they immediately got less consistent, and not just because of the crazy Eteri non-stop runthroughs), but they're mostly all children, so it's 100% on abusive adults anyway. I shudder to think what sorts of consequences they'll suffer for taking drugs meant for adults. To say nothing of all the non-stop injuries. It's such a sad situation overall. And of course, infuriating for all other athletes from other countries. What a sad day for sport.

Just now, Mary_kyo said:

Meanwhile girls are fighting:

 

Russia drama begins and will repeat until next OLYS LOL. I feel kind of weird feeling. During this olympic so many people who had no interests in figureskating got attracted this full crazy scandals. 

Guys, tbh, IMO, this is the worst Olympic figure skating competition I've seen in my life. Men's event .... a joke, Ice Dance a total bore, Ladies event - a mockery and a total disaster .... I really  hope that Pairs will somehow save the show ... sad, really sad ...

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.