February 17, 20224 yr For rika, I always think JSF prefer Kaori over rika. If rika had no consistent 3a, she wolud remain no.2 or no.3 in Japan. So I think she needs 3a and quad to beat not oly Russians, but also Japan's no.1 position. Kaori really grows up this season, although she didn't upgrade her tech. It feels she finally knows how to deliver when it counts. Next season, hope rika will come back strong.
February 17, 20224 yr 1 minute ago, Yuaz12 said: Did ISU do the drug tests for GP series, GPF, 4CC, etc? They are alway done at major comps, but not by the ISU. It is not exactly their competence if I am not mistaken. Also, just a few skaters are tested, not all of them
February 17, 20224 yr 18 minutes ago, shanshani said: I'm not accusing Evgenia of doping under Orser, you've missed my point. My point was that the benefits of doping under Eteri carried over because it means she still had all that extra practice time under her belt, as well as reputation which we know is a huge part of scoring. Therefore even if she stopped taking the drugs under Orser, her results cannot be considered fair, as she's still reaping the benefits of doping earlier on. Okay? I never said Rika was the only victim of pro-Russian favoritism and Russian doping, just that she is the biggest victim because they robbed her of multiple important victories. So what if she could have been injured doing normal elements? Why does that mean it is therefore invalid to attribute injuries to training quads? Does the fact that Yuzuru could have sprained his ankle injured doing a 3F mean that we can't attribute his 2017-2018 sprain to training 4Lz? Maybe I did miss your point. I dunno much about drugs and stuff so I don't know how long those doping drugs can last, but can those drugs last that long (months and years) and allow her to have those extra practice time you mentioned? Re: Rika being the biggest victim, I guess this is where we differ in opinion, so keep it at that. For me victories are not the only measurement of how robbed non-Russian skaters can be against the Russians, which is why for me there is no "biggest." I did say she got her injuries training quads, tell me one skater out there who has not gotten hurt training quads? But, any other things she does can also lead to injuries. Didn't Yuzu get his pinky puffed up just by stucking it into a hole? You know what, let's stop there. You and I do not see eye-to-eye on these issues, so let's agree to disagree.
February 17, 20224 yr 6 minutes ago, Paskud said: The sad part is that since there is no individual medal to re-reward and team event is so irrelevant, it will be even easier to sweep whole scandal under the rug. I understand that view, but really would the IOC risk going through a similar situation again? Also, athletes are absolutely furious about it around the world - they will be making their voices heard surely (some have been brave enough to already, not many who are competing though, but Kaitlyn, Meagan, Adam, Charlie, Nam, Javi have spoken out amongst others, and Kaori even said something too...I hope the noise builds rather than falls away - we will have to see! (OK I'm an optimist I admit!!)
February 17, 20224 yr 11 minutes ago, symphony40 said: They are alway done at major comps, but not by the ISU. It is not exactly their competence if I am not mistaken. Also, just a few skaters are tested, not all of them Oh... So the probability that some skaters are doping for those competitions are huge
February 17, 20224 yr 17 minutes ago, Melodie said: Could be, nobody knows. That child should not have been allowed to skate. I always like Kamila and her skating and when this mess began I really hope it all will show as some misunderstanding and she will allowed to skate. Well in the end she was allowed to skate but now I think really it was the most cruel option for her. I know she is accused from doping but I cannot help but I feel only sorry for her. This media madness and hate for her is too much :-(.
February 17, 20224 yr 20 minutes ago, Paskud said: The sad part is that since there is no individual medal to re-reward and team event is so irrelevant, it will be even easier to sweep whole scandal under the rug. Exactly. IOC / ISU will do NOTHING ("we're investigating, due to COVID it's taking a really long time, like, 4+ years"). Eteri will get away with this, while continue bashing her students (Kamila: why did YOU fall apart??; Sasha: you ungrateful *****, but you'll stay with me anyway because look, there's the next competition, you want that gold right?; the whole world: Kamila was clean alright, you sore jealous losers against me). We can hope for some pressure to raise that minimum age as high as possible. (20? LOL) At least that will dampen the "success" of the Tut's method.
February 17, 20224 yr Who's gonna tell Ashley that her tweet is not the woke take she thinks it is. Two-faced corrupted retired skaters. All should burn in hell.
February 17, 20224 yr 2 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said: Who's gonna tell Ashley that her tweet is not the woke take she thinks it is. Two-faced corrupted retired skaters. All should burn in hell. Honestly I am not suprised by this... I never like her. I found her as person who sees world as: "american=great", "everything else=overscored or do us horrible harm". And honestly I never really enjoy her skating...
February 17, 20224 yr I know it will be hard to argue about it after *shakes hands* this everything, but *points timidly at a sign showing that 2 times more time in juniors means 2 times more kids fighting for the same amount of JGP/YOG/JWC spots* It maybe will change senior field. Or not. After all Trusova and Shcherbakova are in what would become first senior season age and they just becaome TOP 2 at the Olympics. And probably will retire or collapse in less than a year. So maybe this first season in senior will become even more important than current 2,5. But national junior competitions definitely will become A PURE HELL.
February 17, 20224 yr 21 minutes ago, Yuaz12 said: Oh... So the probability that some skaters are doping for those competitions are huge Well, actually, I had thought, that the anti-doping system in figure skating is quite robust and that it is mostly impossible and/or not desirable to dope in this sport. I stand corrected, obviously. But selection of the skaters who get tested is mostly randomized and nobody knows who will it be until last minute. Also (I read this in the book Adam Rippon wrote, do not judge me lol) I understand that as long as you are registered as an active competitor, you can be asked to pee in a jar anytime. Off season, at home at the rink, they can just show up and test you. Also it is done by third party agencies (I think?), so no ISU agenda there. I am just an outsider tho and I might be wrong, do not quote on any of this.
February 17, 20224 yr Love that Waka reposted it on her IG Yeees kweeen https://www.instagram.com/stories/jvn/2775655991879496822/?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=share_sheet&fbclid=IwAR0poNxGGEXo2jsIZq6Vf_5LluomrS5Ql-qt60y_H3pF152pY5S0W4DA3c8
February 17, 20224 yr Anyway, I'm happy that my girls Wakaba and Kaori had their olympic dream came true despite all the dirt around and totally slayed it gibving so much pure joy (sooo needed). And had each other to share the joy. What a contrast to the overall freak show. Like flowers blooming in the middle of apocalypse.
February 17, 20224 yr 2 hours ago, yuzuangel said: i think all things equal they care about optics too, and Anna's optics are slightly better than Sasha's sorry, what do you mean with 'optics'? 1 hour ago, yuzuangel said: uh huh now do nathan They are so funny. NOW they can see it XDD 1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said: I'm so happy that Sasha landed 5 quads btw. A GIRL, barely 17 years old just did what Nathan was called a king for it. She basically threw away Nathan's legacy into the trash bin on the Olympics stage. Thank you girl 1 hour ago, yuzuangel said: and it wasn't enough even for Gold here.... lol I wish it wasn't enough in men too 1 hour ago, Tee said: what a horrible person 1 hour ago, Pammi said: This is just...cruel I can't see the tweets above but i'm curious what were they
February 17, 20224 yr I mostly catched up with previous groups (I only watched last 6 during work) and I'm also so happy for some of my other faves, Nastya, Katya and Yelim ;; They did great job. What a result for Katya to finish 12th after barely making the free!
Create an account or sign in to comment