Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2022] Winter Olympic Games (04.02-20.02) - Women's FS

Featured Replies

20 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

well the team event sure makes it feel like a participation medal lol

True. I always find it hard to take the TE seriously. It almost feels more like a pre-event warm-up gala, if that makes any sense.

5 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

 

I am suprised - where is Wakaba? I would like to see her - I like her energy.

2 hours ago, Bilge said:

I can't see the tweets above but i'm curious what were they


 


 

eta

 

Text in tweet:

Quote

The girl have just had the worst moment of her life, but this is the first thing Eteri says: “Why did you let it go? Why did you stop fighting? Explain it to me, why. You let it go after that axel.” 
That woman is a monster 

 

3 hours ago, airi said:

I'm... what. Wow. It was traumatizing but so happy for Kaori ;;;;

 

The drama though is a little much, wow those girls aren't friends anymore, are they? :(

Do you think it’s possible for them to be friends in such a toxic environment?  In front of the cameras, I’m sure they’re coached for that, but in real life?  Trusova reminded me of a pressure cooker blowing.  Scherbakova looked like she was trying not to be noticed.  Both entirely understandable reactions to a traumatic situation, as was Valieva ‘s breakdown.

 

I was resigned to an all Russian podium with the silver lining being a proper investigation.  Now I don’t think that will happen - ISU and local feds are too skilled at sweeping scandal under the carpet and carrying on ( see the Cipres et al).  Now the silver lining has to be Kaori ‘s medal.  She is such a lively personality, her delight shone through it all, I just wish she had a nice happy podium experience but she seems to be getting what she can out of it.  I’m sooo pleased for her - seeing her dancing across the ice after the ceremony and positively fizzing in the mixed zone really emphasises what an Olympic experience should be - T glowering and tearful, and S lonely and doing her best to stay impassive shows what impossible expectations will do to crush that joy out of it.

 

Catching up... I caught the performances from afar while working, but wow! the drama I seem to have missed!! The reactions from Sasha, the "sympathy and support" for Kamila from Eteri... i hope it was all worth it for them. This trauma the kids have been put through.. that they can't even be happy when they win or get on the podium. That's just so wrong. If the glory and achievement of an Olympic title or medal isn't enough, then what will be? Was the process by which they got here so bitter/toxic that not even the biggest reward can erase it? I wonder what other Russian female skaters who didn't make it to the Olympics are thinking after witnessing this drama.

 

Way to go, judges!! You've confused so many skaters the last quad by rewarding/punishing them according to who knows what criteria, that some of them don't even know what they did wrong here!

 

I was ecstatic when I saw Kaori got the bronze. Her performance was stellar, but the entire time she was skating I was thinking how sad it was that this "skater's skater", as they called her on tv, would not get a medal for her efforts. It was obvious the quality of skating she possesses... I was so happy to be wrong!! And the joy and disbelief on her face is more what I would expect from someone who just got a medal. It's a huge feat and she's so deserving.

 

 

I want to know:

1. Who is this very reasonable ISU Judge that's been doing the rescoring

2. What competitions did they judge in the past and have it been reasonable

3. Why are they not judging this one

4. Could they please continue rejudging the podium from now on

and most importantly,

4. Why are there not more reasonable judges like this???

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.