General Yuzuru Chat

I've been reading everyone's posts and I want to say this:

We all seem to be feeling a sense of loss that goes beyond not seeing Yuzu compete again. The Pooh rain, the wild queueing for a good seat in early practices, the meeting other fanyus, the travel...my dear fellow satellites of Planet Hanyu, we had amazing and joyful collective experiences thanks to watching Yuzu, that we probsbly will never have a chance to experience again. It's normal to mourn that. Not only are we losing our Yuzu competition experiences, but in a sense, we could lose each other as well.

Let's not let that happen. Let's promise to keep the PH spirit going, and still meet up at competitions or ice shows or wherever we can. Our little community is something lovely, and if weren't for Yuzu we wouldn't have it, so let's hang on to it. 

I personally am looking forward to the first time we are able to have an ice show - related PH satellite meet up. Because Yuzu is still worth travelling for.

51 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I've been reading everyone's posts and I want to say this:

We all seem to be feeling a sense of loss that goes beyond not seeing Yuzu compete again. The Pooh rain, the wild queueing for a good seat in early practices, the meeting other fanyus, the travel...my dear fellow satellites of Planet Hanyu, we had amazing and joyful collective experiences thanks to watching Yuzu, that we probsbly will never have a chance to experience again. It's normal to mourn that. Not only are we losing our Yuzu competition experiences, but in a sense, we could lose each other as well.

Let's not let that happen. Let's promise to keep the PH spirit going, and still meet up at competitions or ice shows or wherever we can. Our little community is something lovely, and if weren't for Yuzu we wouldn't have it, so let's hang on to it. 

I personally am looking forward to the first time we are able to have an ice show - related PH satellite meet up. Because Yuzu is still worth travelling for.

Yes - I completely agree. Honestly, when I went to the GPF in 2018 I was so upset because, of course, Yuzu wasn't there. But meeting everyone from PH who went anyway was such a great experience. I still remember that as one of the most fun weeks I've ever had, and I still keep all the lovely handmade souvenirs made by PH members. I think that proves that Yuzu unites people, even when he's not competing.

2 hours ago, Xiupia said:

Newspapers for today in Japan hehe

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong because I didn't zoom in to check, but at first glance, while the English newspapers use words like "end his competitive career" or "leave", the Japanese newspapers seem to understand his intention and use the word "pro athlete" or "pro stage" and refrain from using the word retirement. The nuance is important.

4 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong because I didn't zoom in to check, but at first glance, while the English newspapers use words like "end his competitive career" or "leave", the Japanese newspapers seem to understand his intention and use the word "pro athlete" or "pro stage" and refrain from using the word retirement. The nuance is important.

Thing is, the pro skating space in (roughly) the anglophone sphere is all but nonexistent (and if we're being honest, it's scraping by in Japan too :dozey:). I won't fault them for their lack of imagination... :shrug: