General Yuzuru Chat

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the video archive of the Planet. I have just binged 2-hours worth of Yuzu's performances - both from competitions and ice shows. This man is not done. He's going to keep providing high quality programs and this time there's no more scoring stress, we are free.

I am going to re-watch so many of his programs, so many of his interviews and media days. Thank you everyone!

I also want to thank the organizers of the YuzuSkatingParty. That party that will go on until October is the perfect way to celebrate Yuzu's amateur career.

I'm looking forward to more videos, more interviews, more performances added to the video archive, this time from Yuzuru Hanyu's "professional athlete's" chapter.

Guest Mary_kyo
2 hours ago, Pammi said:

I didn't appreciate Belinda adding the second tweet....just no need, and it sort of undermines the sweetness of the first imo...

Exactly but then that’s exactly how she got her job XD Anyway, now! We are free from them all! So who cares about ISU and their staffs! woohoo!

The first time I watched Yuzuru's performance, it was his Free Skate at 2014 Olympics. I didn't like it...

So every time youtube suggested his programs, I never clicked. Even when I saw him win 2018 olympics, I still didn't watch Seimei.

Then I saw Haru yo koi at Beijing, I loved it and although I am absolutely clueless on skating skills,  I could sense his difference from the rest of performers in EX gala. Then I watched 2018 ex gala to see him again, and then Seimei.

Since I saw Seimei, I have been introduced to a whole new world.

I've been going through a hard time recently and I watched his programs a lot in the last few month.

I had plans to see him in Torino or another GP this year, but now all I can do is to regret deciding that I didn't like men's skating just after seeing his triple flip fall 8 years ago.

Just like many here, I've been crying on and off today.

I've heard it is very hard to buy tickets for his ice shows. so I don't think I can ever see him in person. I hope he reaches whatever he wants as a skater. also he said he wanted to be married by this age a few years ago, I hope he becomes happy in his personal life as well.

I am not sure why I am posting this, I think it was because today is a very hard day and I needed to say something. also, I haven't seen anyone here with my country's flag. I just wanted to say fanyus from my country exist.

10 hours ago, wildstrawberry said:

Imagine doing that to a once in a lifetime phenomenon whom you were lucky enough to have him grace your sport...i'm so glad he finally got the strength to break off from this abusive environment even if he's now at the peak of his skating and could've easily continued to compete and collect some medals even despite their heinous scoring.

I agree with everything you said, except he’s not just a “once-in-a-lifetime phenomenon.” With his skating, personality, character, charisma, grace and beauty, he is a unicorn – a hypothetical ideal who actually exists. A skater the likes of whom no one has ever seen before and will never see again.

Just a meltng pot of sensations I can't manage yet. Perhaps next days.

I'm not prepared and I don't want to.  How I wanted to see him live for another time.

to see  compitition live it's such a strong experience! Everything i so intense, meet the people, all the crowd moving in the early morning to the sport hall, all with the same desire. And then Yuzu and the competition, moving between silence and fear and joy explosion.

Nothing is capturing as live competition. Today I feel a little bit lost, maybe tommorow I will accept.

I hope we can see him in ice shows and organize to go togher, all the fanys, maybe in Japan or other place.

See u soon Yuzu

It's a very random idea, I don't know how to do it, though.

What if we organize a day relatively soon to watch together some of Yuzu's performances? Underrated and the very best. We could do a twitch stream, something like that, for about 2 hours. Make a list of the performances we want to see and then watch it together as Fanyus. From competitions, from galas, from ice shows...

I think it would be a good experience to celebrate Yuzu's amateur career.

Feel free to shut this down, though, it's a thought based on emotional turmoil.

I would very much like to believe that once Yuzu is producing his own shows, it will open up some options for fans who do not reside in Japan, to see him

Firstly, Yuzu is aware that he has fans from all over the world and I would hope that in the same way Japanese tour operators sell packages to travel to Yuzu's comps there may be a way to organise this for shows - tickets and accommodation and transfers within Japan, own travel to Japan. He may set up his own base for shows.

Secondly Yuzu may be invited to have his show travel to rinks outside of Japan. Then it will be whichever regional ticket agency that the venue is affiliated with.

Thirdly, once a company is set up to organise all of the show related logistics there will at least be a box office or ticket agency for the purpose of selling tickets. Resourceful satellites will be able to secure some block bookings. 

Fourthly, Satellites write to organiser company to find a suitable business arrangement. Once there is a company involved in the organisational stuff it will be possible to make contact and find out how to purchase tickets if living outside of Japan

This may be pure fantasy on my part, but in reality shows/events don't magically run themselves, there will be some point of contact, I'm merely being pragmatic. I'm prepared to investigate this myself in order to secure tickets somehow or other and would share info with Planet

Together we can make this happen.

Thinking about practical stuff is helpful to me instead of tears

Last resort, the Planet crowd funds an exclusive show for us satellites

10 hours ago, Perelandra said:

I want to send the strongest message possible to ISU. There are things that I want to say that your lawyer eyes will burn out. Once I'm calm again, let's think on it. I will accept the group consensus

@Perelandra please don’t burn my eyes out! I want to be able to see Yuzu’s next chapter!

7 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

What if we organize a day relatively soon to watch together some of Yuzu's performances? Underrated and the very best. We could do a twitch stream, something like that, for about 2 hours. Make a list of the performances we want to see and then watch it together as Fanyus. From competitions, from galas, from ice shows...

I had the same idea. But how to decide what programs/performances to watch?

9 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

This is a great idea! I hope we can do it

Just now, lajoitko said:

I had the same idea. But how to decide what programs/performances to watch?

we could do a poll maybe?

Just now, Geo1 said:

@Perelandra please don’t burn my eyes out! I want to be able to see Yuzu’s next chapter!

Don't worry Geo1, when I'm fuelled by pure rage, it burns out pretty quickly like ignited magnesium. Already calmer and have removed my Medusa gaze. 

Besides, we will all go together to see the next exciting chapter, no one gets left behind

9 minutes ago, Hanmgse said:

This is a great idea! I hope we can do it

we could do a poll maybe?

We could do polls in which we pit 2 programs against one another, sort of like a tournament, until we reach a manageable amount of performances that would last together for about 2 hours