General Yuzuru Chat

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are feeling a bit better. Like many other satellites have described,

I'm slowly moving towards acceptance, which is really irrational because Yuzu is not a personal friend but it does show how special this magical skating unicorn is.

Logically, the decision announced yesterday, is courageous Yuzu at his best and the best decision for him

I had a panic wake up in the night thinking that I had to buy GP tickets, then remembered that that is all over. 

Checked ISU Grand Prix page, not yet updated so 4th event still TBA and skater entries still states coming soon

There was a post which mentioned Yuzu being robbed at GPF and that since then the GP series has been an accursed fiasco. There was also discussion about whether the 2 replacement events had been promised Yuzu's attendance in order to induce agreement to host. Maybe the deal is off, who knows and the whole debacle will have to have serious re organisation or fail.

ISU will now be forced to examine their actions, because the cash flow is all but dried up, even if people have a favourite skater, most non prejudiced FS fans still appreciate Yuzu. Yuzu still sells tickets. 

It would make me overjoyed if the entire IJS has to be overhauled at the next ISU congress and the council have to go begging for a boon from Yuzu in the future and attempt to woo him to return

I seriously doubt that Yuzu will return to competition but anything is possible. Dai Takahashi has retired the unretired to compete at Sochi, retired then returned in Ice Dance. As singles competitor he had to take part in regionals/challenger series to achieve a threshold score. It would be too funny to see Yuzu at a smaller comp, although to watch him skate his heart out and rediscover the bliss of senior comp like one of his first appearances at Nebelhorn would give FS fans a bonus surprise. 

Plush for all his brusqueness has given his view to Yuzu face to face and always advised Yuzu to go for 4 Olys. Anything is possible and Yuzu has been so courteous with a little light shading, no less than fairly deserved, that the bridges are not burned. Besides, when the governing bodies and feds are desperate to avoid extinction it will be they who need to rebuild the bridge.

Yuzu is already moving on, his sponsors have declared continued support. I hope that he does not have misgivings about his decision, which would be understandable and natural enough, given that he has spent his youth and adult life competitively skating. The door might have closed for now on a competitive career, but it is definitely not barred to Yuzu. The future will be filled with golden opportunity for Yuzu and it's one that I really want to enjoy as well

Sorry to be repetitive. Thank you for your indulgence. Sending hugs 

It’s heartwarming to see so many tributes from other skaters, it really shows the effect Yuzu has had on this sport. 

While I’m sad I was never able to see him compete live, I can’t wait to see what he does next, and I really hope he considers doing shows in other countries as well!

Daily Spread Eagle

Rumblings from Mt Irene caused massive eruptions of vapours and strange gravitational fields causing satellite orbits to be severely disrupted and erratic functioning issues.

Pooh geologists report that these effects could continue intermittently throughout the next few months. The geologists who monitor the activities of Mt Irene have extrapolated many years worth of data and conclude that the activity of Mt Irene is linked to the activity of Planet Hanyu's Emperor. Seismic shifts in behaviour or actions may have a sympathetic response from the volcano.

The Ice Emperor made an important announcement to the palace Jump Ladies and Pooh inhabitants which was the source of Mt Irene's eruption. Geologists reported that a chasm appeared on the side of volcano facing the palace and that liquid gold spilled forth cascading down the side of the volcano. The gold has created a shallow pool which engulfed and eradicated the paporika weeds. The liquid gold is expected to solidify within the next few weeks. The path that the gold took as it poured down the volcano sides has left an interesting golden tracery pattern resembling the wings of a bird. Some even claim that they are the wings of a swan but others say the wings resemble those of a dragon. 

Some of the forestry worker Poohs have taken the opportunity to collect some of the gold as it will be useful for decorating the palace and creating a new throne and Imperial regalia. 

The court physician recommends continued adherence to the prescription regimen advised for satellites in yesterday's news

Prime Minister Pooh is awaiting further instruction from the Emperor regarding Palace refurbishment and daily regimen for the Jump Ladies

The Emperor's most recently issued statement:

"I will work harder to be the best Emperor that only I can be, thank you for your continued support, please keep supporting me."

The Palace received messages from envoys and ambassadors from other galactic regions, in support of the Ice Emperor

PM Pooh advises satellites to read news and announcements from Planet endorsed sources only, otherwise there is considerable risk to satellite working operations.

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are feeling a bit better. Like many other satellites have described,

I'm slowly moving towards acceptance, which is really irrational because Yuzu is not a personal friend but it does show how special this magical skating unicorn is.

Logically, the decision announced yesterday, is courageous Yuzu at his best and the best decision for him

I had a panic wake up in the night thinking that I had to buy GP tickets, then remembered that that is all over. 

Checked ISU Grand Prix page, not yet updated so 4th event still TBA and skater entries still states coming soon

There was a post which mentioned Yuzu being robbed at GPF and that since then the GP series has been an accursed fiasco. There was also discussion about whether the 2 replacement events had been promised Yuzu's attendance in order to induce agreement to host. Maybe the deal is off, who knows and the whole debacle will have to have serious re organisation or fail.

ISU will now be forced to examine their actions, because the cash flow is all but dried up, even if people have a favourite skater, most non prejudiced FS fans still appreciate Yuzu. Yuzu still sells tickets. 

It would make me overjoyed if the entire IJS has to be overhauled at the next ISU congress and the council have to go begging for a boon from Yuzu in the future and attempt to woo him to return

I seriously doubt that Yuzu will return to competition but anything is possible. Dai Takahashi has retired the unretired to compete at Sochi, retired then returned in Ice Dance. As singles competitor he had to take part in regionals/challenger series to achieve a threshold score. It would be too funny to see Yuzu at a smaller comp, although to watch him skate his heart out and rediscover the bliss of senior comp like one of his first appearances at Nebelhorn would give FS fans a bonus surprise. 

Plush for all his brusqueness has given his view to Yuzu face to face and always advised Yuzu to go for 4 Olys. Anything is possible and Yuzu has been so courteous with a little light shading, no less than fairly deserved, that the bridges are not burned. Besides, when the governing bodies and feds are desperate to avoid extinction it will be they who need to rebuild the bridge.

Yuzu is already moving on, his sponsors have declared continued support. I hope that he does not have misgivings about his decision, which would be understandable and natural enough, given that he has spent his youth and adult life competitively skating. The door might have closed for now on a competitive career, but it is definitely not barred to Yuzu. The future will be filled with golden opportunity for Yuzu and it's one that I really want to enjoy as well

Sorry to be repetitive. Thank you for your indulgence. Sending hugs 

I find it exquisite Yuzu's retirement from competitions just made so many ISU competition employees jobless. They should have fired nearly all their judges when Yuzu was robbed in 19~20 season against Nathan and readjust their entire judging system. I hope I see them regret with tears, being unemployed and cashless with their new "Quad king".

Oh and I do think Yuzu might do Japan Open. It's a common team event competition for retired skaters, so I will hope to see him there someday.

I really really hope, that Yuzu will not only appear in Ice shows in Japan but all over the world. Or otherwise, that there will be many broadcasts and we have a chance to witness his greatness and skating this way. If I could hope for this, my sadness would be a little bit less. 

I feel blessed to be able to journey with him and fellow satellites for the past years leading to his third Oly outing. However, I was also traumatized (I may be just a casual viewer and I can’t fully explain it but the treatment he received was pulling on my heartstrings too. I can’t imagine Yuzu, being the targeted athlete must have felt.) to witness the intensification of harsh and cold treatment he received openly from the sports’ governing bodies. Instead of protecting athletes, they gaslighted him with unfair scoring, inflicting prolonged emotional pain on him, treating him with utmost disrespect, not least a two-time Oly champ. 

Being able to walk away from a sport that feels alien or no longer aligned with his ideals is the best form of self-care he has undertaken. I’m very relieved I don’t have to watch (frankly, not sure if I want to/can survive another season) anymore competitions only to see him time and again being slayed by low scores, being mocked by antis that he’s past his time, xxx surpassed him (in scores) with excellent jumping/artistry skills, blah, blah.

With his decision to turn pro athlete, Yuzu has turned his back on them,  setting himself/his creativity free from the confines of ISU rules (that only seem to apply to him). They can no longer hurt him. This is a joyous occasion for him, his family and all those who care and love him. In fact, his divorce from these governing bodies calls for a celebration!

Like many satellites, I also have regrets of unfulfilled wish of seeing him live in competitions but I’ll gladly trade it for performances by a happy pro athlete Yuzu.

Admittedly, many of us (myself included) would love for a perfect ending (including the long overdue Pooh rain) to his competitive career at Beijing Oly because he simply deserved it.  Regretfully, this envision didn’t materialise. Still,  no one can stop him from conquering more hearts at the world stage with his beautiful, heartfelt performances.

In recent years, I have started pondering and worrying if Yuzu will have issues transiting from a competitive skater to a pro skater since he has stayed competitive for more than a decade.

But looking at his recent performances at FaOI, SOI and DOI, I was under the impression he had already started to prep himself for an after competitive career life by experimenting with different music/dance genres and styles, pushing the envelope, gauging audience reaction, market appetite. 

According to a post shared here, it felt reassuring that the management team Yuzu had assembled will be led by a highly experienced and well-regarded lawyer. It also set me thinking he means business and there is more to his post competitive career now that he’s taking control of the ‘Hanyu Yuzuru’ branding, including the use of his images on various mediums.

I felt assured that Yuzu, being the goat, declared at the presscon that he’s transiting to a pro athlete instead of pro skater (we can still expect to see his beautiful, airy and effortless quad/sequence jumps to be part of his performances). I know I’m spoilt but I need/enjoy a good  blend of artistry-athletic performance as I was fed with a Yuzu diet since I came back to the sport in late 2017.

I will stay happily onboard his train/roller-coaster, even more so when he’s changing direction to a new and exciting destination, hungry for more adventures and beautiful memories. After creating a legacy as an amateur skater, I’m convinced Yuzu will continue to make waves/revolutionize the FS world, with his pro athlete approach and Hanyu Yuzuru skating in ice shows. 

15 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Who's still crying w/ me? Show of hands??

Here :consoling2:

Even though I know he's "free" now and we'll see him skate at ice shows, tears came again. Of course I'm like all curious to see what awaits us and I'm looking forward to it.:yes:

Message for Yuzu from Shohei Ohtani🙏

[NEWS]

Today we get crumbs from our beauty blogger.:smiley-love017: