General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

Hide content

Lire ceci m'a fait pleurer parce que je me suis souvenu de ma propre histoire. J'ai perdu ma mère quelques semaines avant PC. À l'époque, j'étais en deuil et je me demandais si je pourrais encore rire d'un vrai rire. Puis Yuzu est arrivé à l'aéroport avec son costume mal ajusté et tout d'un coup j'ai rigolé. Grâce à Yuzu et ses manches de costume trop courtes j'ai pu rire à nouveau. Hier, quelqu'un a posé des questions sur notre plus cher souvenir de lui. Cela devrait probablement être quelque chose lié au patinage, mais honnêtement, c'est le mien.

C'est vrai que ces messages de cet inconnu sont poignants et émouvants et toi qui a rit , malgré ton seuil , en voyant Yuzu !!!!! 

I would not write, because you ALL the fanyus had already done it  :headdesk: and perfectly, in addition and I only post you youtube 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3yg8Anw_Q   and fan lyrics at the end  :heartpound: :thanks:  ALIGATO YUZU  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH3JfpZDj64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q5I1ksQw-M  

And his talent in dance, which he will perfect and come back happier than ever :wink_star:

17 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I wonder whether the Japanese tv companies will air some of the unused footage they are rumoured to have been sitting on for years?

TBS will show 30 minutes program of never before seen scenes on Saturday. Saturday seems to be a super Yuzu-day. First we will have FaOI broadcast, then this TBS program and then Yuzu will be live (?) on tv Asahi program. Hopefully someone has the exact times. My brain is overworked right now trying to process everything at once.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
17 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

TBS will show 30 minutes program of never before seen scenes on Saturday. Saturday seems to be a super Yuzu-day. First we will have FaOI broadcast, then this TBS program and then Yuzu will be live (?) on tv Asahi program. Hopefully someone has the exact times. My brain is overworked right now trying to process everything at once.

And hopefully it can be downloaded and there will be a translation. This would fill the emptiness I feel at the moment ...

39 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

I'm glad my words could help you process your feelings as well <3 And yes, I think the regrets will always be there, even for me. But although he didn't have a Pooh rain, I'm happy that he felt the entire world's love and support during that difficult time and that he realized that our devotion is deeper than points and medals. So while he did start without a Pooh rain and leave without one, I'd like to think of it as, he left with the hearts of millions of fans who will now follow him into his next journey, wherever he decides to take us :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

46 minutes ago, caramelicht said:

i want to watch today's 3-hour special but couldn't find where it is...it seems they are talking about all details things about yuzu, the unseen ones. He's so kind even to an insect... i can't :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

Is it today? I thought it will be Saturday?

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/yuzuru-hanyu-ruecktritt-eiskunstlauf-1.5624441

A long article in a german newspaper ... Translation here

His fans flew around the world, after his performances it rained plush bears: Two-time Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu is extremely popular, especially in Asia - now he is retiring at the age of 27. But he still wants to make the most difficult jump.

By Barbara Klimke

How the ice shook, Yuzuru Hanyu has never forgotten. Sometimes he told the audience about it, in his own way: dancing, floating and with images he created from movement. He dedicated his 2017 World Cup freestyle to the victims of the earthquake disaster and tsunami in Japan. Likewise the gala program after the Olympic victory at the Winter Games in Pyeongchang. This short piece, "Notte Stellata" to music by Camille Saint-Saëns, is an elegy on skids. A lament without words that everyone in the world understands.

Hanyu was 16 years old and in the middle of training at the Sendai ice rink when, on March 11, 2011, the earth shook, he felt the ground buckle upward, and he ran outside with skates on his feet. His family briefly took shelter in an emergency camp; his parents' house had become uninhabitable, and the ice stadium, like many other buildings, had been badly damaged and destroyed. So many people, he later recounted, had helped them back then, when no one knew how things would continue, when his own career was also in the stars: "I therefore wanted to do something for them - and what I can do is skate."

Nineteen world records
From then on, Hanyu defined his sport for eleven years before he now declared his competitive career over on Tuesday at the age of 27. He was the first Olympic champion from Asia in men's single skating in 2014, the first also since 1952 to defend his gold medal four years later, plus two times world champion, four times Grand Prix finalist. 19 times he set world records in points. But no number can express what this slender, quiet, introverted athlete also achieved: he enchanted spectators, touched their imagination.

When the music kicked in, he led the proof that this sport, born of drill and discipline, can have a soul in its most beautiful, weightless moments. That art, even if it is figure skating, always consists of a give and take. He understood his audience, and his audience understood him. Hundreds of thousands cheered him on the streets of his hometown of Sendai after his second Olympic victory.

His fans, called "fanyus," drew him pictures and wrote poems, they flew halfway around the globe to see "Yuzu" live, they sometimes camped outside arenas to stand at the front of the line when the box office opened. Geographically, this shy young man is a rock star only in Asia; figure skating in general has lost much of its popularity. But there, after his performances, yellow plush bears pelted the ice from the stands as if someone had opened the floodgates to bear heaven; in Pyeongchang, some female spectators wore hair bands with bear ears to express their admiration for the artist, whose mascot is Winnie the Pooh. He has donated stuffed animals to children's hospitals by the sackful.

"He has an aura, a special presence," Midori Ito, the 1989 world champion, once said. Even the American Nathan Chen, who most recently took the world championship title from him three times and also most of the records, called him the "greatest of all time" after his own Olympic victory in Beijing in February, probably not just out of politeness. For Hanyu's weightless artistry - part artist, part Ariel the Air Spirit - was only one side. The other revealed itself in a competitive toughness and robustness that contrasted spectacularly with a delicate, ethereal being. Hanyu, who moved to Canada soon after the earthquake to train with former world champion Brian Orser, was also the first athlete to stand the quadruple loop in competition, pushing himself to ever new heights in his duel with Chen.

Still in Beijing, at his last competition, when he was almost hopelessly behind after the short program because of an accidental Salchow, he bet on everything and risked a world novelty: the quadruple Axel, the only vault where even four and a half turns around its own axis are necessary. The attempt ended in a fall and is now recorded with an asterisk as unfinished in the style bible of figure skating. 

Hanyu finished the 2022 Winter Games in fourth place behind Chen and two young Japanese colleagues.

Days later it became known that he had again competed with an ankle injury. In 2018, he had already torn the ligaments in his foot in a fall three months before his second Olympic victory.

But Hanyu has not yet written off the quadruple axel. He wants to continue to bring it to perfection - even after the end of the competition. Because his life as a figure skater, he explained at the press conference in Tokyo on Tuesday, is not over yet. From now on, he wants to perform in shows without being subject to the judgment of judges: "I want people to see me continue to fight." He feels he can still give a lot to people. "I'm not sad at all," he said after a deep bow as he left.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].