General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, shina07 said:

To me I feel like it seems final. This wasn’t an overnight decision and one that he has been mulling over and over. But with Yuzu, we just never know. Still, I’d like to find acceptance and be excited about his plans. His big sponsors are still with him, his legal team was made known and there seems to be some sort of new Yuzuru Hanyu branding? There’s big things about to happen. This man surely knows how to keep us all on our toes. 

Yeah I agree. I was confused at first because I remember him not ruling out the next Olympics and him saying he wants to continue competing at the 2022 Beijing Olympics Press Conference. We all thought he might announce his retirement back then, but then he said things that made us believe he still wanted to compete. I think his mind changed somewhere between this February and July. That's why I was taken aback at first but I just think he deserves a good rest now. He has his own life to live. And I wish him that freedom. 

I think even if he does comeback (99.99% unlikely) it won't be for Milano but for a small competition or just J Nationals for one last time. 

But I'm only having bets about Japan Open and WTT

13 minutes ago, Newprogramsplease said:

Yeah I agree. I was confused at first because I remember him not ruling out the next Olympics and him saying he wants to continue competing at the 2022 Beijing Olympics Press Conference. We all thought he might announce his retirement back then, but then he said things that made us believe he still wanted to compete. I think his mind changed somewhere between this February and July. That's why I was taken aback at first but I just think he deserves a good rest now. He has his own life to live. And I wish him that freedom. 

I think even if he does comeback (99.99% unlikely) it won't be for Milano but for a small competition or just J Nationals for one last time. 

But I'm only having bets about Japan Open and WTT

I think we were all taken aback. He gave no hints on retiring at all and his words during FaOI about continuing to aim for 4a led me to believe he will be competing this season and I assumed Saitama would be his last comp. He didn’t lie though because he’s still pursuing his 4a goal, just that it isn’t in a competitive setting anymore. He did say he has thought about it as he was healing his injury and how he thinks he can do a lot in a non-competitive setting when he was preparing for FaOI. Do you think the recent changes in isu scoring played a part in his decision? 

Still catching up the thread but I liked this :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: 

18 hours ago, LiaRy said:

It's a very random idea, I don't know how to do it, though.

What if we organize a day relatively soon to watch together some of Yuzu's performances? Underrated and the very best. We could do a twitch stream, something like that, for about 2 hours. Make a list of the performances we want to see and then watch it together as Fanyus. From competitions, from galas, from ice shows...

I think it would be a good experience to celebrate Yuzu's amateur career.

Feel free to shut this down, though, it's a thought based on emotional turmoil.

If we were more fanyus in Spain I would have liked to organize a session ina theater in my city (you can rent a theater for 20-30 people) We would project all kind of programs there, competitions and ice shows, training sessions, interviews. Like a Yuzuparty but at the movies... Just a dream...

1 minute ago, shina07 said:

I think we were all taken aback. He gave no hints on retiring at all and his words during FaOI about continuing to aim for 4a led me to believe he will be competing this season and I assumed Saitama would be his last comp. He didn’t lie though because he’s still pursuing his 4a goal, just that it isn’t in a competitive setting anymore. Do you think the recent changes in isu scoring played a part in his decision? 

I think one of main reasons what lead to his decision is his angle. But ISU scoring changes could really helped for his decision - he must be tired for constant changes which does not make really sense.

Dear satellites, thanks first for all the sharings /info /pics /videos /translations etc in last few days and months.  This is such a nice, smart and caring galaxy (?) to stay.  I havent written recently since late-feb due to many things happened but still always come reading here. Do feel a lot in last 48 hrs especially, some are similar and shared already.  Many thx!  Perhaps I write some after settling my thoughts down a bit more. 

Yet one thing to ask first: should this be the first and great timing to run the official virtual Pooh rains now and make it 3 days and 3 nites (after having rehearsal done earlier), to say congratulations to Yuzu now, to show support and to make him smiles?  (Or just me wondering this…)

:puddingpooh:

3 minutes ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Dear satellites, thanks first for all the sharings /info /pics /videos /translations etc in last few days and months.  This is such a nice, smart and caring galaxy (?) to stay.  I havent written recently since late-feb due to many things happened but still always come reading here. Do feel a lot in last 48 hrs especially, some are similar and shared already.  Many thx!  Perhaps I write some after settling my thoughts down a bit more. 

Yet one thing to ask first: should this be the first and great timing to run the official virtual Pooh rains now and make it 3 days and 3 nites (after having rehearsal done earlier), to say congratulations to Yuzu now, to show support and to make him smiles?  (Or just me wondering this…)

:puddingpooh:

Virtual Pooh Rain was planned for GP announcement ? or First Comp?

Either way, now those events are not going to happen. Instead, it would be a great thing to do to give Yuzu his Pooh Rain as a support for his new path and good luck message. 

Let us know when to post. 

2 hours ago, caramelicht said:

i saw a few clip about him being so kind to other like tiptoeing so the skater won't be bothered by his step, saying arigatou to an insect 

Here the scene with the insect:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

[NEWS]

The special program from today to download (1:22 h)

16 hours ago, Xiupia said:

Newspapers for today in Japan hehe

Jason also discovered the newspaper in Japan. :happy:

[NEWS]

3 minutes ago, shina07 said:

We barely saw him during the last quad because of Covid with 2020 being the worst. I think we can weather anything now lol 

Yea Covid is what gradually led to the separation with Orser. He used to train in TCC before Covid, but since travel restrictions, everything kind of changed. First with the separation with TCC to his absences in GP.. it's so sad 2019 was his last GP. We only got 1 GP since 2017!!! Sad but that's life. 

First one long, long drought before show production ready for action. Unless he has already planned something. There was a mention of something like open practice? Might be made up

There will be loads of old footage released and aired and lots of interviews, talk shows. ( Am I being too hopeful ? )

1 hour ago, Anabel said:

Still catching up the thread but I liked this :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: 

If we were more fanyus in Spain I would have liked to organize a session ina theater in my city (you can rent a theater for 20-30 people) We would project all kind of programs there, competitions and ice shows, training sessions, interviews. Like a Yuzuparty but at the movies... Just a dream...

We will visit you in Barcelona, may be not during the heatwave. You can show us around. I've visited before in 1998, really enjoyed that holiday

4 hours ago, Sun_Rise said:

These are the days of fanyu listening to interviews & statements not understanding anything, but rewatching anyway. Seems like this one hasn't been posted yet. 

Marika translated this

[NEWS]

:ganba:

A big thank you to all the translators.:clap: