Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It's not like he does it on purpose. most of the time.. at least I hope not! But I wouldn't put it past him either. 

Well, in many topics I suppose he doesn't (his real life is full of surprises, good and bad) but as to announcing his programs, I suppose he's free to announce them early, and doesn't do so on purpose, is it not?

6 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Well, in many topics I suppose he doesn't (his real life is full of surprises, good and bad) but as to announcing his programs, I suppose he's free to announce them early, and doesn't do so on purpose, is it not?

As far as I know, there's no requirement to announce programs at all, just a rule that the music has to be submitted to competition organizers/the country's fed/ISU in advance?

For example, we only found out Yuzu was going back to Ballade and Seimei for 4CC because they showed up in his ISU bio ahead of the competition, right? He meant it to be a surprise. 

But wow, if he does wait that long, we won't hear anything until mid-November at earliest...I really hope there's some reason for him to get on the ice before that...even if it's just 24-hr TV...don't know if I can handle full-on withdrawal symptoms...

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But wow, if he does wait that long, we won't hear anything until mid-November at earliest...I really hope there's some reason for him to get on the ice before that...even if it's just 24-hr TV...don't know if I can handle full-on withdrawal symptoms...

This is what I am expecting. Or maybe, nothing before Nationals (I really believe there will be Nationals and they will be broadcast; I am less sure about GP.)

But I trust him for something else. He has green fingers. :Pineapple:

6 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

This is what I am expecting. Or maybe, nothing before Nationals (I really believe there will be Nationals and they will be broadcast; I am less sure about GP.)

But I trust him for something else. He has green fingers. :Pineapple:

Well... I think we are all waiting for our monthly video for August...

10 hours ago, Geo1 said:

This is apparently a listening comprehension test. The transcript on the second page indicates that this test was based on listening to CNN’s Coy Wire’s video “The Legend of Yuzuru Hanyu”. This is a link to the short version of that video:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2018/02/19/cnni-japan-figure-skating-megastar-wire-pkg.cnn/video/playlists/winter-olympics-2018/

Although both A and D apply to Yuzu, since this is a listening comprehension test, the “correct” answer for the purpose of the test is D.

"On his way to becoming a global star..." He already was a global star before he got his second OGM.  He just wasn't noticed by the American press until then.

1 hour ago, CiONTUw4A said:

It seems that Aug. 9 is Hug Day in Japan.

Wonderful! Let's have the most beautiful and cutest hugs in the world :hugs:

12 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Well... I think we are all waiting for our monthly video for August...

I do believe that he will do something, even if it is short and off ice, for 24HR, and given his commitment to its cause, maybe something longer :clapclap4:When is that again?

5 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Some watering for cacti :10636614:

I thought it was very cute that when you click on “Translate to English”, the English translation for the caption is “Why is it so cute?” – “It” is so appropriate in describing an extraterrestrial alien.

The literal translation from Japanese would be “Why so cute?” since the Japanese caption does not use “he”, “she” or “it”. In English, we would probably say, “Why is he so cute?”

[It’s funny what we notice in this very dry pandemic season.]

56 minutes ago, Veveco said:

@Paskud  this one is for you

For those who didn't see the,  hum,  masterpiece of a commercial referenced here:

Hide contents

fhjV,hnuR534Cgtes45wdC

poor bee🙈