General Yuzuru Chat

Proudly introducing, my son (in Animal Crossings), Seimei Thomas!

He plays the game, I don't, but I told him about the costumes in the game and he figured out how to acquire it.

He actually likes figure skating and is (so far) the only family member I have managed to bring to a Yuzu competition with me (ACI 2019).

That was the first he's ever attended in person. He's a big Nathan fan but I still love him :headslap:

3Y6yt0r.jpg

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I just stumbled across this clip on YouTube.

I've seen Yuzu hanging his Olympic medals around other people's neck, who are special and precious to him. But I think, it's the first time that I've seen it with Shuzo-san. He looked so touched and emotionally hit. It just made me tear up, too.

I think that Yuzu and Shuzo have had a pretty special relationship ever since Shuzo first interviewed 16-year-old Yuzu in 2011.

47 minutes ago, mercedes said:

don't know where I read it(or if I watched this with subtitles)but is it here that Yuzu points out that sock was a clean one?LOL

Shuzo-san is a lovely human being really!

Found the version with the eng sub titels. Really Yuzu, why put it in a sock?!? :embSwan:

39 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

Found the version with the eng sub titels. Really Yuzu, why put it in a sock?!? :embSwan:

I'd rather say : why not? It is perfectly adapted, functionally, cheap and easy to find.

Sparkles and glamour are fit for ice rink or official stuff, while comfortable, not necessarily made-to-be-seen are fit for home.

He's a man, you know. :free-random-smileys-213:

54 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

I read somewhere that the socks he uses to store the medals are of super high quality (and price, but of course). Also, it is apparently common for Olympians to keep their medals in socks (or so Google said :grin:). 

28 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

The sock is extra funny when you remember Javi showing off his Olympic medal in its beautiful wooden display box, decorated with a blue rose. Really, that's so Yuzu-style. :68468287:

18 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

The sock is extra funny when you remember Javi showing off his Olympic medal in its beautiful wooden display box, decorated with a blue rose. Really, that's so Yuzu-style. :68468287:

Now I have a weird mental image of a room full of hanging odd socks full of medals... 

54 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking about. Javi's medal in this nice wooden box and Yuzu pulled his out of a sock (sorry, a clean sock).

I was laughing so hard, because knowing that there is a box and he took a sock makes it kind of..............funny.:LOL:

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

I'd rather say : why not? It is perfectly adapted, functionally, cheap and easy to find.

Sparkles and glamour are fit for ice rink or official stuff, while comfortable, not necessarily made-to-be-seen are fit for home.

He's a man, you know. :free-random-smileys-213:

My first thought would always be: I hope he put it in a clean sock ;)

I would be soooooo embarrassed if I gave a medal to someone out of a sock............but it is simple and practical, so it could be a "man" thing:think:

9 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Sometimes I don’t know if I should admire him, or be jealous of him... 0:)

Same. And sometimes, I feel like I want to be him. It would be wonderful to have that level of belief in myself, and be able to swoop and fly across the ice like that. 

Well, the swooping and flying I can at least try to learn :hachimaki:

@barbara from what I can gather, the Japanese education system is quite different from here and trying to get into university is seriously competitive. If everyone around you is doing the same thing (cram school), it would be hard to be the one not doing it, I think.