General Yuzuru Chat

Speculation about Yuzu's return flight is premised on his using commercial airlines.  The thing is that he has the financial resources to go and charter a flight for himself and his mother.  Lears are not feasible as they don't have the range to cross oceans.  A Gulfstream 550 or 650 can easily handle the Tokyo (or even Sendai) to Toronto distance.  They can handle up to 18 passengers and they can fly on whatever schedule is most conducive.  They even have a separate sleeping cabin with a double bed in addition to main cabin seats that can fold down into cots.  With just  (I presume) Yuzu and his mom plus a cabin attendant on board Yuzu can afford social distancing and also can take his choice of sleeping, studying or pigging out on video games.  All in all chartering a jet would be a win/win solution for Yuzu's return to Canada.

18 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I think as Yuzu said himself, he thrives under pressure. He must be undergoing SO much pressure every single day - the hope of the entire nation, the knowledge that all eyes of the media are on him and expecting him to do well, fans from all over the world that traveled far just to watch him, the fact that he can't afford mistakes as he is already underscored even when he skates flawlessly, his own perfectionism... sooo many factors just related to his skating. And outside of skating he has the added pressure of his university studies, the pressure for him to appear perfect in front of the media+all the fan cameras on him every moment... I really don't know how he does all that! I just hope that he knows we all love him so much, whether he skates clean or not... and that this knowledge will give him some comfort.

Talking about Yuzu on planes... won't it be awkward if he happens to be seated near or even next to a fan, or someone who knows him?

Fans generally tend to leave him alone on planes from what I’ve heard. I’ve been on a flight with him once (and sat quite close to him, actually) and nobody bothered him. And he was sitting next to one of the people he travels with, so no worries about him having to sit next to a fan. He’s got the  travel situation managed pretty well, it seems.

12 minutes ago, river said:

Fans generally tend to leave him alone on planes from what I’ve heard. I’ve been on a flight with him once (and sat quite close to him, actually) and nobody bothered him. And he was sitting next to one of the people he travels with, so no worries about him having to sit next to a fan. He’s got the  travel situation managed pretty well, it seems.

Holy shit lucky af. I would genuinely have died 

58 minutes ago, river said:

It wasn't as exciting as you'd think, to be honest. The novelty wore off after a few minutes. When he's off the ice and not trying to be the center of attention, he's human like anyone else.

I would have spent the whole flight thinking "if the plane goes down, i'm ready. I can die at peace":rofl: Or secretly sketching him lol.

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think they're talking about how his facial features give out some info about his character? That you can see his strength even in the facial features (like, people with this kind of nose have good endurance, that kind of thing) I think they also said in the beginning that his face says he has the ability to move the hearts of a great number of people.

1 hour ago, river said:

It wasn't as exciting as you'd think, to be honest. The novelty wore off after a few minutes. When he's off the ice and not trying to be the center of attention, he's human like anyone else.

As with any performer, they are, in fact, just human. (Some actors always want attention and to be treated differently - we know that is NOT who Yuzu is.)

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

Speculation about Yuzu's return flight is premised on his using commercial airlines.  The thing is that he has the financial resources to go and charter a flight for himself and his mother.  Lears are not feasible as they don't have the range to cross oceans.  A Gulfstream 550 or 650 can easily handle the Tokyo (or even Sendai) to Toronto distance.  They can handle up to 18 passengers and they can fly on whatever schedule is most conducive.  They even have a separate sleeping cabin with a double bed in addition to main cabin seats that can fold down into cots.  With just  (I presume) Yuzu and his mom plus a cabin attendant on board Yuzu can afford social distancing and also can take his choice of sleeping, studying or pigging out on video games.  All in all chartering a jet would be a win/win solution for Yuzu's return to Canada.

Why do I think Yuzu would never do this? Ever.

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The last plane trip I took, I spent the whole time frantically folding origami cranes for giveaways to fanyus at SCI, so I guess you could say I find planes fairly comfortable. I also usually have no trouble sleeping, reading, or otherwise being productive, so I don't really find it difficult to imagine Yuzu studying or writing papers on a plane.  But no one can say for sure. 

I LOVE my origami swan!

3 часа назад, FlyingCamel сказал:

I think as Yuzu said himself, he thrives under pressure.

Yeah, I know about Yuzu, I meant that don't want to be in his shoes as I'm completely different personality. Yuzu really has unique character :)

Omg I've been off this forum daily for such a long time. I miss skate-talking with you all but on the other hand, we're still three months away the first skate competitions, so... I miss skating! I miss following Yuzuru's competitions and everyone else's!! 

3 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Talking about Yuzu on planes... won't it be awkward if he happens to be seated near or even next to a fan, or someone who knows him?

All the more reason for him to study....gives him an excuse to avoid people, should he need one. 

Honestly, airplanes are quiet spaces where all you have to do for several hours is sit and accept whatever the flight attendants bring you. No one can phone you, no one can interrupt you...it's golden time for any task requiring concentration, IMO. At least, it is if you're flying alone. 

@SitTwizzle I never said it was the only time he studied, just that it's a reasonable guess that he uses the time that way. 

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Omg I've been off this forum daily for such a long time. I miss skate-talking with you all but on the other hand, we're still three months away the first skate competitions, so... I miss skating! I miss following Yuzuru's competitions and everyone else's!! 

We're reliving the Catpocalypse this weekend on twitch:winky:

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

We're reliving the Catpocalypse this weekend on twitch:winky:

I am so looking forward to this as I've never seen it. Hoping for some decent camera angles. I find ice show cameras always focus on the face when you want them to focus on the feet and vice versa.