General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

New Lotte clear files. 

The costume is less bothering to me than the amount of photoshop they use for these Lotte pictures. :14066882:Yuzu has perfect facial features,  why so much photoshop then? 

This is NOT Yuzu...it cannot be... it's like a character in Westworld...:13877886: I can ignore the hideous costume but the photoshop just destroyed the beauty of Yuzuru Hanyu. I'm gonna have a nightmare with cyborg Yuzu jumps 4A and at the landing, his head comes off and headless body lands the perfect 4A and the head still spinning on the ice saying "4A +5GOE complete"...:5918bda872cf0_0006(2):

Guys, does anyone know which coach will accompany Yuzu for Japan nationals? Will it be Brian? I read that Brian will accompany Evgenia for Russian nationals but I don't know if those 2 events overlap? Is he allowed to have more than 1 coach with him e.g. Brian AND Ghislain?

Sorry for all the questions lol this is the my first year following figure skating competitions and so also happens to be first time experiencing nationals, so I'm very curious about everything 

4 minutes ago, Tabby said:

Guys, does anyone know which coach will accompany Yuzu for Japan nationals? Will it be Brian? I read that Brian will accompany Evgenia for Russian nationals but I don't know if those 2 events overlap? Is he allowed to have more than 1 coach with him e.g. Brian AND Ghislain?

Sorry for all the questions lol this is the my first year following figure skating competitions and so also happens to be first time experiencing nationals, so I'm very curious about everything 

Russia Nationals is after Christmas, next week, so Brian should have no problem accompanying Yuzuru to Japan.

Ghislain is currently in Korea with Cha Jun Hwan for Korea ranking competitions.

Yuzuru really attracts photographers :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

.https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/841820

AVTYg7WA-106.jpeg

(Not the coach) Nagakubo-san's article is always really good.  I wanted to translate all, but just an excerpt now. Sorry, very rough translation.

"GPファイナルはカメラマン冥利に尽きる大会だった。ジュニア男子・佐藤駿の歓喜、アリョーナ・コストルナヤの“けしからん”美しさ、そして彼がいた。

彼の存在は新聞社系のカメラマンをおしゃべりにした。フリーだけで1000カット以上もシャッターを切って、実際に紙面に掲載されるのは写真部デスクやら、編集のえらい人やらのフィルターをくぐり抜けた1枚だけ。

そうした不満の解消に「オレの撮った羽生結弦」発表の場を自社のHPに求め、リンク先を明記した上でSNSで発信するカメラマンが増えた。"

The GP final was a competition that photographers were blessed.  The delight of the junior skater, Shun Sato.  The inexcusable beauty of Alena Kostornaya, and there he was.

His presence made newspaper photographers talkative. Only for a free program, shooting more than 1000 cuts, and only one shot is released on the paper after passed through the filters of the photo department desk and higher-ups in editing section.

To eliminate such dissatisfaction, increased number of photographers now utilize their company’s website for releasing “Yuzuru Hanyu photos taken by me” via SNS by specifying the link destination.

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

New Lotte clear files. 

The costume is less bothering to me than the amount of photoshop they use for these Lotte pictures. :14066882:Yuzu has perfect facial features,  why so much photoshop then? 

I don't like the costume, but I think Yuzu might suit skating to "Prince of Persia Soundtrack" or "Aladdin" or "Mask of Zorro" wearing something like this

3 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Previous covers of GOETHE magazines: https://goetheweb.jp/backnumber

I am sure it'll be a nice cover of Yuzu.

Can you explain to me what is Goethe has to do with Men Fashion Magazine? If I remember well, Goethe was a writer or poet in Old Prussia or Germany now in the sixteen or seventeen century. We can see the presence of Goethe Institutes in many countries, where there are courses of German language, literature, arts etc...

Japan Magazines always seem to have names that are not related to their content very much.

18分鐘前, Vadrouille說:

Can you explain to me what is Goethe has to do with Men Fashion Magazine? If I remember well, Goethe was a writer or poet in Old Prussia or Germany now in the sixteen or seventeen century. We can see the presence of Goethe Institutes in many countries, where there are courses of German language, literature, arts etc...

Japan Magazines always seem to have names that are not related to their content very much.

Thanks for the information. I didn't know who Goethe was. When I first saw the title GOETHE, I thought it was something like The GOE (Grade of Execution).

:xD:

1 hour ago, Tabby said:

From what we've heard, both Brian and Ghislain will be going to JNats. Ghislain was mentioned in the French article and Brian in Phil's, I think. There was some talk I think about how Brian would have to rush from Japan to Russia. but it shouldn't be that difficult - and not something he's not used to (a few years ago, he was joking about always having to travel on Christmas, for JNats... well, he had a break from that for three years, time to get back to business lol). I think JNats are a bit earlier than usual this year, too, which probably helps.

And the rule of 1 coach per skater is only for the GPF. Even the regular GP events don't have that rule. Nobody really knows why that rule exists... maybe it's a budget thing, though at the end of the day, since it's Juniors + Seniors, the event is the same as a regular GP event, as far as number of competitors goes, so I don't get it... I doubt any national championships has such a rule. Even in Japan, I think many skaters have more than one coach.

51 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was not only the most cited author in the history of German literature and the creator of "Faust". He was also a scientist, who wrote a publication about the "Theory of colours". While Isaac Newton was more focused on the optical spectrum of colours, Goethe analyzed colours from an artist's point of view on nature and human's perception of colours.

I think that's the reason, why Goethe's name was chosen for that magazine.