General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, barbara said:

I think it's pretty clear who the Russians think is the superior skater.

Reminds me of Max Kovtun after Worlds last season when he called Yuzu a god, dismissed a Nathan fan trying to get him to compliment Nathan too by reiterating that Yuzu is already a legend, and then said in an interview that he couldn't care less that Yuzu lost to Nathan because Yuzu's performance impressed him more.

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I bet my salary that Yuzu has read this paper already   :LOL:

Biomechanics of the Axel Paulsen Figure Skating Jump

by A. Mazurkiewicz et al., 13 Aug 2018

EDIT: Here's a very interesting result from this paper

Thank you for sharing!  I did go through the paper - very interesting - and found these stick figures to be very helpful.  I wonder how one would draw the take off for 4A, as the position for 3A already seems to be at the maximum extension of the take-off foot/ankle!

Source: Pol. J. Sport Tourism 2018, 25, 3-9  DOI: 10.2478/pjst-2018-0007

jrMb7oj.jpg

3 hours ago, Vulnavia said:

Reminds me of Max Kovtun after Worlds last season when he called Yuzu a god, dismissed a Nathan fan trying to get him to compliment Nathan too by reiterating that Yuzu is already a legend, and then said in an interview that he couldn't care less that Yuzu lost to Nathan because Yuzu's performance impressed him more.

Maxim Kovtun. It’s been so long since I last heard of him. Just hearing his name makes me miss past skaters from the post-Sochi era; skaters like Patrick Chan, Javi Fernandez, Denis Ten, Misha Ge, and Han Yan :cry: 

6 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

I just cried :64341262:

Sorry, if someone has posted and made you cry already :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

I recently watched the GPF Gala 2019 earlier today, so wow just made my day even better :tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:

Spoiler

i don’t have much social media so I can’t access these things :13877886:

7 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

The struggle when you see a cute ghana Yuzu ad in metro, but there is a man sitting in front of it and you are too shy to take a photo

:dontdothistome:

At least you’ve actually seen one in person :7562096:. I live close to a major city, but I don’t visit often and I don’t use subways.

But I know the struggles of being shy. (I can’t even go to a restaurant without rehearsing what I have to say :14066882:)

9 hours ago, NorthernGrace01 said:

This is one reason I'm as much a Nathan fan as I am a Yuzu fan..Nate's WTF face is brilliant, he tries to plaster on a different expression but can't.

We need a GIF of this Nathan's face! I have not noticed his face though, because whenever Yuzu answers a question, the camera was on Yuzu only?!

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

I appreciate the analysis by professional ballet dancers!

Althought Yuzu has never properly learned ballet, I am sure he secretly studies it a lot and practice the positions in front of a mirror... :peekapooh:

6 minutes ago, Tatav said:

At least you’ve actually seen one in person :7562096:. I live close to a major city, but I don’t visit often and I don’t use subways.

But I know the struggles of being shy. (I can’t even go to a restaurant without rehearsing what I have to say :14066882:)

You are too cute :tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:

11 minutes ago, MatchaBeans said:

We need a GIF of this Nathan's face! I have not noticed his face though, because whenever Yuzu answers a question, the camera was on Yuzu only?!

Althought Yuzu has never properly learned ballet, I am sure he secretly studies it a lot and practice the positions in front of a mirror... :peekapooh:

You are too cute :tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:

Awwww thanks! :softYuzu:

50分鐘前, Tatav說:

Going to restaurant is fine to me.:68468287: I am just too shy to let my fangirl side out. :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

3 hours ago, RockstarYuzuru said:

Maxim Kovtun. It’s been so long since I last heard of him. Just hearing his name makes me miss past skaters from the post-Sochi era; skaters like Patrick Chan, Javi Fernandez, Denis Ten, Misha Ge, and Han Yan :cry: 

Hey, Han Yan just got back on the competitive scene with a great showing at Cup of China. Don't write him off as a part of the past! 

I've just found these tweets and want to share them with you.

He is a medical doctor who is into marshal arts and also admires the artist Prince. The thread is about Yuzu and he's comparing him to what Prince did through his music/life.

Post1 : He's describing the way things turned out for both, Prince and Yuzu that:  "After their big successes (Purple Rain for Prince and Olympics for Yuzu), that had become their standards and anything less than that, they're criticised being failures by the medias and such.  But we know better that their strength is being 'never give up/not to be defeated' by those media's critical responses"

Post2: "I'd imagine if you set a goal at very obvious 'success' such as chart no1 hit or gold medal/winning, then you perhaps cannot draw the strength that's needed to reach the goal and go beyond. The vision that cannot be shared with anyone else as they're the forefront of the field would be greater. Their struggle for trying to forge ahead through difficulties inspires us and shows the true awesomeness"

Post3: "As for Prince's case, his true purposes, was not about creating hit music. He aimed to master all kinds of music styles in order to create music that transcends all differences - race, gender, rich or poor, countries, regions, and social systems, to overcome the divisions of all sorts. For this purpose, he had to have the US and the worldwide success in sales of his music because that would warrant him of accessing the rest of the areas as he wishes"

Post4: "As the world already acknowledged that Hanyu-senshu has reached many milestones of his competition career. But despite the fact, he continues to strive in the very severe world of competitive skating aiming to reach even higher level. That means, it is inevitable that he must compete against himself with the past records. To have such a heart to challenge the hardest and that is the most courageous thing therefore is brilliant"

Post5: "Prince used to show the same courage through his struggles for overcoming many setbacks that crippled him at the time. He showed us the way not the 'How to be successful in life' but the 'How to tackle life'. Do you know the words he said at the last concert in Japan? He said 'Thank you. I'm alright' 

Post6: "The song that Hanyu-senshu chosen for his competition music Let's Go Crazy is an agitative song. 'And if the elevator tries to bring you down' then 'Go crazy, punch a higher floor'. We say 'No' to the demons and 'Go crazy'. We're gonna run crazily!. Prince agitated the audience"

Post7: "There will be an opportunity to choose after an obvious result, that is, to 'live with the result' or to 'live for a new challenge'.  What Hanyu-senshu shows us is not 'living with the past records' but 'living for the current challenges'. Prince once said 'Courage creates new bloom'. The brilliance of Hanyu-senshu's courageous spirit shines brighter than the gold"