General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

So I don't know how many of you guys in here are in the US and have cable, but NBC offers the Olympics in 4K On Demand (though you need a 4k tv and 4k cable box) and it turns out for the 4k broadcast they have completely different commentary AND different camera angles! A lot of times you feel like you were on the ice (if you have a really big tv, lol)! Charlie White was commentating and he is just so wonderful! I wish we could have him all the time. It's so clear how much he admires and respects Yuzu. He wouldn't shut up about him through the broadcast 0:)0:)0:).  And they posed the GOAT question and Charlie said "it's an easy argument to make because he's proven himself time and time again and this, when it matters most, he was able to to exactly what he needed to do when he needed to do it".   I'm trying to figure out how I can capture this before the On-Demand expires (I imagine the file will be massive), but if I can I hope to post!

*praying* *also begging* *please please please*

46 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Oh wow. 

I always have a strange feeling that lady who sat beside yuzu not looked that happy with him. So... I wasn't wrong..? 

Since she was there with him, I'm curious is it because yuzu still a competitive skater so she has to accompany him to receive that award? 

Seiko Hashimoto is JSF president. She is also playing an important part in JOC. She is not Kobayashi. You can google her name to see their faces.

1 hour ago, Danibellerika said:

So I don't know how many of you guys in here are in the US and have cable, but NBC offers the Olympics in 4K On Demand (though you need a 4k tv and 4k cable box) and it turns out that for the 4k broadcast they have completely different commentary AND different camera angles! A lot of times you feel like you were on the ice (if you have a really big tv, lol)! Charlie White was commentating and he is just so wonderful! I wish we could have him all the time. It's so clear how much he admires and respects Yuzu. He wouldn't shut up about him throughout the broadcast 0:)0:)0:).  And they posed the GOAT question and Charlie said "it's an easy argument to make because he's proven himself time and time again and this, when it matters most, he was able to to exactly what he needed to do when he needed to do it".   I'm trying to figure out how I can capture this before the On-Demand expires (I imagine the file will be massive), but if I can I hope to post!

Is it possible to get the videos from NBC if you aren't a cable subscriber.  I stream all my TV on my computer and have a Vizio 43-inch 4K as my monitor.  I certainly would like to see those vids.

17 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I have seen a lot of different opinions on this:

Did he or did he not kiss the ice?? 

Looks to me like he barely graced the surface, but he did make the motion and the intention was there. I say yes!

2 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

So I don't know how many of you guys in here are in the US and have cable, but NBC offers the Olympics in 4K On Demand (though you need a 4k tv and 4k cable box) and it turns out that for the 4k broadcast they have completely different commentary AND different camera angles! A lot of times you feel like you were on the ice (if you have a really big tv, lol)! Charlie White was commentating and he is just so wonderful! I wish we could have him all the time. It's so clear how much he admires and respects Yuzu. He wouldn't shut up about him throughout the broadcast 0:)0:)0:).  And they posed the GOAT question and Charlie said "it's an easy argument to make because he's proven himself time and time again and this, when it matters most, he was able to to exactly what he needed to do when he needed to do it".   I'm trying to figure out how I can capture this before the On-Demand expires (I imagine the file will be massive), but if I can I hope to post!

oh please please please benevolent skating gods, let there be a way

24 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I think he did. When I was rewatching yesterday, I was humming "Kiss the Girl" 

45 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I'm not sure no matter how many times I see it, but the puckering up definitely happened so there's no mistaking the intention. All gods bless this program, this is the most beautiful hydroblade there will ever be. (And gods bless paused screen caps, a wild Yuzu with lips puckered isn't something I had hoped to see)

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

I think he did, and i pray one day i can find someone who loves me as much as Yuzu loves the ice/skating

3 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

So I don't know how many of you guys in here are in the US and have cable, but NBC offers the Olympics in 4K On Demand (though you need a 4k tv and 4k cable box) and it turns out that for the 4k broadcast they have completely different commentary AND different camera angles! A lot of times you feel like you were on the ice (if you have a really big tv, lol)! Charlie White was commentating and he is just so wonderful! I wish we could have him all the time. It's so clear how much he admires and respects Yuzu. He wouldn't shut up about him throughout the broadcast 0:)0:)0:).  And they posed the GOAT question and Charlie said "it's an easy argument to make because he's proven himself time and time again and this, when it matters most, he was able to do exactly what he needed to do when he needed to do it".   I'm trying to figure out how I can capture this before the On-Demand expires (I imagine the file will be massive), but if I can I hope to post!

That would be great :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw: I have CBC and Olympic Channel versions, and well, Kurt Browning is amusing (and a little bit annoying in large doses) and I really like australian lady commenting for OC, but I love rewatching my favourite competitions with different commentaries <3 

And Yuzu looked really royal today :D Now, I hope, he goes back to Toronto to get the programs done :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

Is it possible to get the videos from NBC if you aren't a cable subscriber.  I stream all my TV on my computer and have a Vizio 43-inch 4K as my monitor.  I certainly would like to see those vids.

I looked beforehand and couldn't find anything.  I can't even find the standard NBC stuff with Johnny and Tara anymore even to purchase and I'd buy both if i could >_>.  I might have considered that NBC Sports Gold package sooner if they actually give you the Olympics, but they don't, so no rush there.  Right now it's simply not possible to get this if you lack either a 4K TV or a 4K  Cable box with a subscription. You have to have both.  It won't even scale it down to 1080p or something for regular HDTV and those boxes.  Bah!!!

2 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

*praying* *also begging* *please please please*

26 minutes ago, Msyloves said:

oh please please please benevolent skating gods, let there be a way

I think he did. When I was rewatching yesterday, I was humming "Kiss the Girl" 

I will see what I can figure out. If push comes to shove I can record the tv with my camera but that would not do it justice.  I want to get it in its intended format.  :waffle:

Yes, yuzu, come back to this hot, muggy, miserable place where you train.... on days like the ones we get this week I wish I was a competitive figure skater who had to spend my days in an ice rink...

But in truth, yup, fun is over and work now must begin for next season. So exciting!!!

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

I'm such a kill-joy but I don't think he did. There is that moment where he ever so slightly lowers himself (to get up right after) and that moment coincides with the moment when the shadow of his body is in line with his face and that creates the optical illusion that his lips meet the ice. It's just the angle! Also, he only lowers himself very slightly and to me intuitively it doesn't feel like it's enough to bridge the distance his face had to the ice before. The opening of his mouth is coincidence as well imo

9 minutes ago, robin said:

I'm such a kill-joy but I don't think he did. There is that moment where he ever so slightly lowers himself (to get up right after) and that moment coincides with the moment when the shadow of his body is in line with his face and that creates the optical illusion that his lips meet the ice. It's just the angle! Also, he only lowers himself very slightly and to me  intuitively it doesn't feel like it's enough to bridge the distance his face had to the ice before. The opening of his mouth is coincidence as well imo

*Chants* Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll!! 

linking this because it has sliiiiightly to do with the worries about Yuzuru feeling the pressure and responsability and feeling forced to change or tone down some sides of himself. Yuzuru's elegant reaffirming his stance while being humble, amazing :bow:

re: kiss or not kiss

I was going to say no, but then I looked again and I can't tell anymore :10742290: