General Yuzuru Chat

58 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Amidst all the happy news, i just found out about an unpleasant event that took place during sochi

Hide contents

I was hoping anyone with more knowledge would explain what happened during that time 

The thread is really something. I can’t believe she cut out his pic when she posted who deserve to win Olympic on her FB page.  :tumblr_inline_mzx90enaUF1r8msi5:

Congratulations to Yuzuru for the award!

He deserved it for his character, his relentless but kind spirit and everything he overcame even more than for his sport achievements. He couln't have become two time OGM and a FS legend without all of that! :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

It's so true he brings hope and joy, he's one of those human beings that can make people believe :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, axelnojutsu said:

First of all, he really is the Lord of Sendai, isn't he? :softYuzu:

But this makes me feel sad for him again, he already has all these expectations and now he feels pressured to perform and act a certain way even more...

I want him to be able to live his life the way he wants, without worrying about what other people think and carrying the expectations of his whole country on his shoulders :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

but he's also said things along the lines (huge paraphrasing here, I can't find the tweet in the sea of tweets:13877886:) 'I am here as a figure skater, so I thought it's ok to behave like one and be Yuzuru Hanyu', so while he will always be aware of being a role model, he won't let this change his core.

I don't think it will be the end of his public dispaly of his dorkiness, nor that he'll feel more kuyashii than he would have before whenever he'll mess a jump or even bomb a program. The guy always had sky-high expectation from himself anyway... hopefully he knows that he can meet all those expectations of 'role model' while still being himself. I mean, he got the award thanks to being himself, if that's not a testament to him doing well till now, idk what it is :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

And even things like the gala and ice-shows shenanigans bring joy, even if sometimes they're not exactly...'dignified' :10814716: I'd bet he knows, judging from how many of them he's been gifting us these past weeks...

He'll probably become even more involved in the reconstruction efforts after his r********t, tho

here, everyone have a happy Zu bestowing joy all around in the form of ice throwing

giphy.gif

tbh while the iconic Yagudin's Winter throwing snow was more 'static' and that makes it look a bit more theatrical to me, the 'dynamism' of Yuzu's throwing snow makes it feel absolutely natural and wonderful. The costant flow and the emotions expressed through Yuzuru's whole body make the whole scene look like the embodiment of joy:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

re: Hashimoto

Spoiler

I read that tweet too and tbh I'd really like to know more about that, if only because it would be another piece of the puzzle to understand why sometimes older fans are so wary about some JSF politics... even if now it belongs to the past... even a PM would be appreciated, if the topic is too sensitive for the gen chat

But this makes me feel sad for him again, he already has all these expectations and now he feels pressured to perform and act a certain way even more...

I want him to be able to live his life the way he wants, without worrying about what other people think and carrying the expectations of his whole country on his shoulders :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

That's what I exactly thought when reading his speech content.  More honor you received, more responsibilities you need to take at the same time. He has to manage himself and even subject (he is already) to the entitlement in which he has to compromise his own interests to some extent. And that may be against his own wishes and could be bitter to live with such a burden of the honor. The only thing I pray for is he can live in a way that makes him truly happy without too much concern of how people think about him.

8 minutes ago, Sammie said:

The thread is really something. I can’t believe she cut out his pic when she posted who deserve to win Olympic on her FB page.  :tumblr_inline_mzx90enaUF1r8msi5:

Wait...what??

I mean...even if she doesn't like Yuzu, why would she literally announce it via social media?

5 minutes ago, Sammie said:

When was this? ohhh I didn't see it in the thread. Could you send me the link?

4 minutes ago, enno0287 said:

Wait...what??

I mean...even if she doesn't like Yuzu, why would she literally announce it via social media?

4 minutes ago, sun1985 said:

When was this? ohhh I didn't see it in the thread. Could you send me the link?

It’s in the thread but it keep collapsing on me. It seem that she posted medalist of team japan during Sochi that they deserve the medals but Yuzu wasn’t in it. 

But jumping up and down? I can understand clapping and cheering for someone you dislike, but actually hopping? Well, yes, very possible. I wouldn't though. 

And yes, with honours comes expectation... but so far he has handled everything admirably and I expect it will continue. 

3 minutes ago, liv said:

Well, she was certainly jumping up and down a lot after Yuzu landed his combo in PC , so she cannot dislike him that much... 

From Sochi to PC, Yuzu's status already changed a lot and he's the absolute No.1 in Japan. So obviously she has to act nicely now no matter what. And it's in front of camera and all the people.  

10 hours ago, Anya said:

It's black :)

When I opened the thread during my lunch hour, I nearly fainted seeing this photo. :13877886:OH what a fitting attire for the absolute king. His handsomeness has gone through the roof, if you'd ask me :10742290:  We are so fortunate to have Yuzu in this world :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Congratulations Yuzu!!

8 hours ago, Anzi said:

Can someone translate the inscription on the medal? 

The inscription is rather long and not sure how to put it all together so I just put all the points:

The award is given for:

• The first Japanese man to win consecutive Winter Olympic Games in figure skating men single and it's been 66 years since anyone to win consecutive OGM 
  • Engraving the name in history with such achievement
  • The achievement had made such deep impression and gave courage to the nation's people
  • Giving the society brilliant dream and hope

5 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:girlsigh::girlsigh::girlsigh:

First hakama then a fitted suit...:13877886::13877886: Honestly, he's annihilating the entire population of fanyus.  

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

His family crest is consist of a circle, three turtle shell (hexagon) with flower. I love the traditional Japanese haori + hakama for men. 

Yuzu looks so good in them it's unreal...:10742290:

I thought about this too when I watched his interview after the ceremony.  But I also feel optimistic that Yuzu is Yuzu after all. Whatever he does, he will always try to be true to himself. The burden he carries doesn't get any lighter may be but he has grown into such fine young man. I think I can see him growing up a bit more to finally a fully grown man (with a baby face :67638860:  ofc) so that the burden will not crash him. We just have to trust him.

I thought it's an amazing Monday to start the true off season but then again, we still have Heroes and Futures in Nagano TV broadcast this coming Sunday. FaOI Makuhari D1 - D3 broadcast on 21, 22 and 28 July. FaOI Kanazawa broadcast on 29 July. Also possibly few more TV broadcast of FaOI in August...

:dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh: I know I'm going to dance till I drop to this crazy tune that's ringing in my head since I laid my eyes on Yuzu!!