General Yuzuru Chat

On 6/21/2018 at 11:36 PM, Bilge said:

Did anyone vote for "Hello, I Love You"... I did :peekapooh:

Re: Yuzu not singing "Hana wa Saku," I feel like part of that is the flip side of being such an audiophile... Loves hearing every detail and nuance in music he enjoys, how could he evaluate himself fairly (especially considering his perfectionism and not wanting to disappoint others)? I think it would be very painful! For this he would have had to be OK with "good enough" which I can't imagine happening for something like this.

I think at the start of the video he's supposed to be feeling comforted by the song again, as always, then the drums kick in and now he's taking strength from it. Both of those qualities are carried through to the end, which is nice. The way it's done is terribly corny but that's on the director... I only expected Yuzu to be smiling & holding the flower, but I guess they just had to get more from him.

I was a little proud when I was able recognize that the voice from the first shooting video was not his. But I didn't think that he wouldn't be singing AT ALL, and they were probably just hiding it for us to crave. So yeah, still trolled :notamused:

I guess he has an ok voice and is able to get notes right within normal voice range. But it can be weak and thin, like many have said, so he won't be that stable specially during high notes. His voice cracks way too often on its own already lol.

ALSO:

A delayed 4T !!!!! And the crazy distance of that 3A :13877886:

13 minutes ago, icecreamy said:

I gradually got into a bad habit - whenever he said “I feel”, I started to pray that the next word is not “happy”. 

I'm worse than that :laughing: whenever he says "I feel" or "I'm so" and then pauses for more than two seconds, I automatically blurt "happy" at my screen. Involuntary reflex by now.

14 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

I'm worse than that :laughing: whenever he says "I feel" or "I'm so" and then pauses for more than two seconds, I automatically blurt "happy" at my screen. Involuntary reflex by now.

You guys automatically fill in happy....I automatically add in "kuyashiii~" and "zettai kuyashiiiiiii~~~"

16 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Within natural expectations.

I'm in two minds about his jumps. Good to see him recovering, but also I don't know why he's doing combos in an exhibition.

He's Yuzuru :knc_brian2: The fact that he stubbornly brings his 3A everywhere including EX is already out of the norm :13877886: Not to mention this is one his FS, he had to drop those jumps during CiONTU, the guy won't be tolerating any more of that.

58 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Within natural expectations.

I'm in two minds about his jumps. Good to see him recovering, but also I don't know why he's doing combos in an exhibition.

I wonder whether it's his way of pushing himself, because performing jumps as part of a proper performance while performing under crowd expectations and pressure, is quite different from practicing jumps and other elements in your training rink as part of practice. Might be an element of his "rehab" or even just his own way of "testing" how he's actually doing. 

On 6/22/2018 at 7:08 PM, TallyT said:

I'll raise you with pretty much any team of Aussie footballers, since not only can they not carry a tune in a ten-kilo bucket but (like much of the population at large) they don't have much idea of the tune OR words...

"Australians all let us...umm umm

Ummm umm umm girt by ummm....:

Umm  ummummummumm....AUSTRALIA FAIR!!!"

(To be fair, we have the world's dullest anthem)

I think we have a small advantage there, in that 'O Canada' was originally written for a brass band so frankly it's hard to mess up and easy to shout no matter how drunk you are... serious props to the original composer for thinking so far ahead...:9:

On 6/22/2018 at 12:38 PM, Sammie said:

The first thought that popped into my mind was that this would be a great song to skate to, especially in Japan.  I'm imagining it starting with a lone child singing a capella and then the program would crescendo into a full choir.  I can picture the entire crowd singing as Yuzu ends the program.

As for the singing, admit it, you're even more curious about his singing voice now!  Perhaps he's masterminded a scheme to slowly ratchet up anticipation for his true idol debut.

but naw, as someone else said, I'm guessing he either didn't have time to record or he's too much of a perfectionist to display his only average singing voice.  I was also even more curious to see Shoma singing - I was rather shocked when I found out he was taking part since I can't imagine him publicly singing so it wasn't a surprise but it would have been so fun.  

I've also come to terms today with the fact that I'm not actually a skating fan.  I like skating, but I was up last night, about to join in on the marathon when I realized that I was exhausted and sitting through all the non-Yuzu stuff just felt like a chore.  In the end, I just watched a bunch of Yuzu programs before bed and hoped I'd be able to depend on the kindness of Fanyus for the only parts that I honestly care about.