2018/19 GP Assignments

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

He gets huge scores these days with less than stellar skates so don't be so sure.

But wouldn't the thought of competing with Yuzu be already a huge problem for him? Kolyada always gives me the impression that he doesn't cope with anxiety that well. Also, has he ever performed a clean free? He won the bronze at Milano because... everybody sucked even harder than him? (ah, I got Boyang 17th war flashbacks...)

1 minute ago, kelly said:

Interesting choice by USFSA to put both Nathan and Vincent at Skate America :confused:

Take a look at the other names. They'll never call Vincent's URs so they'll grab 1 and 2 with big scores, no matter how they do. Easy job for them.

1 minute ago, LadyLou said:

not if he's clean

he went past 100 with only oone quad. Of course there's the huge: can he skate a clean FS? but if yes, he could beat a not clean Yuzu. He deserves good PCS and GOE when on

Umm, I dunno. He's had some pretty spectacular fails. Of course, it's new rules, new format, so we'll see. 

2 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

I feel like Yuzu would have wanted NHK though- maybe JSF got in the way...

Well, maybe he also want to avoid NHK as its 4th GP again ? 

Anyway I feel good about his  2GPs. Finland is always a lucky place for him. The biggest surprise for me is he didn't get SC, since I fully expected Shoma would get NHK. Now given the timeline, maybe he will stay somewhere in europe to train after Finland ?

This is so wild! Here I thought that there are no FS competitions for me next season because all the interresting ones will be outside Europe and then they put a GP comp to Finland. New plans for me in November :cheer:

3 minutes ago, kelly said:

Interesting choice by USFSA to put both Nathan and Vincent at Skate America :confused:

It is actually very smart. They can inflate their scores from the beginning and since it is a new system those scores will the benchmark of their scores for the rest of the season.

8 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Looking at the other assignments...I feel like Yuzu could easily win both. I can't see anyone that's strong enough to beat Yuzu on a bad day :/ Maybe Boyang?

Yuzu on a bad day could also be Yuzu ACI 2017 FS, and that could be beaten by a lot of guys :slinkaway:

Yuzu on an average day like COR 2017 could be beaten by both Boyang and Misha (Misha needs to have a clean FS for a change tho, but the potential is there, and in COR he'll be on home soil again)