Team Russia

50 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

If she had a dedicated coach, like a Ravi Walia to Kaetlyn Osmond, what kind of potential could she reach?!

Well, it's always about the right chemistry between coach and athlete anyway. A coach could be an absolute magician but if they and the skater don't 'click', then it's all for naught. 

7 minutes ago, Fay said:

Saying it happens so that good athletes get tempted by lucrative prospects offered by other coaches, but their team bring up good athletes from scratch. They will never ever offer such prospects to anyone because they believe in fair play. #letsworkon. 

Eteri, what happened to lure Kanysheva away from Panova last season then? 

That sounds like a tit for tat continuation of the Eteri vs Plush feud to me...

1 hour ago, Fay said:

According to TSL, the two Zhilina sisters are also going over to Plushenko along with Rozanov. 

1. Since when TSL has inside info from Russia?:huh:

2. Isn't Zhilina Russia's Novice Champion? No matter how young, that's quite a loss from them.

An internet news channel Business Online claims there has long been disagreement between Trusova and her coaches, and that that Sasha attempted to leave twice during the season, once for an overseas coach and once for a Russian one. No names. They she hasn’t been attending training sessions with Tutberidze’s group for quite a while now. 
I’ve no idea how much of this is true. 

Surprised. No idea how things will settle down. Looks like Eteri is a bit upset and low-key digging at Plushenko?

I have no idea how competent Plushenko truly is as a coach and how he and Sasha will get along, but I want to see how she will skate when she skates a program that is not created by Eteri-Daniil. (TBH this is what I always want when I see Team Eteri skaters)

One thing I am sure about coach Plushenko is that he is strict about technique. Several years ago, I saw Plushenko at the Japan Open. Although he was there to perform as a guest skater, not a competitor, he was watching other skaters and cheering for them while they were competing. During 6-minutes-warm-ups, I realized that he was very strict (or picky) about jumps. Although sometimes cheering loudly for fellow skaters, he applauded only when someone landed a truly good jump which would earn about +1.5 to +3 GOE under the previous system.
I think he is probably strict about other elements and overall performance as well. He was uncompromising toward Miyu Honda when he coached her for a Japanese TV show when she was a kid. According to Ekaterina Ryabova, he shows up at his rink for 2-3 weeks per month. Not sure if it is enough for Sasha, but if the guy always with Ekaterina at competitions is Sasha's former coach, training under him and Plushenko may not be that bad? I liked Ekaterina's performances at worlds last year. Although she was nervous, she looked very smooth and natural on the ice, at least looked from afar. She didn't have a 3A or a quad, but her basic skills looked good.

wow just wow....Sasha has a lot to learn but even if I can see her lack of technique ,she's truly interesting to watch....also I agree with @sweetwaterit's going to be interesting to finally see her skating something not done by Daniil!

Not a huge fan of Plushenko and i cannot say how good a coach he is , being a great skater doesn't mean you can teach that,but on the other side you know a thing or two about competition....we'll see I guess.

Surely Eteri has RusFed on her side as it shows on the scoring of her girls,but again we'll see.

3 часа назад, yuzuangel сказал:

I wonder why she didn't go to Mishin?

No offence to him, but Mishin is quite old, I'm not sure if he'll want new skaters (which may have own opinion like it seems) and who else is on his team, also she'll need to change cities and we don't know what her parents think about it.

I'm not saying Plush is the best choice but it's not like there's a lot of choice in the first place.

It's really interesting how things will continue. I think Rozanov leaving Team Tutberidze is more surprising and maybe a bigger loss in the long term than Sasha leaving Eteri. I am also curious if it is really true that Eteri has barely any contact with her students lately and she's been in the US for a long time now :scratch2:

9 минут назад, yuzuangel сказал:

There are far too few choices for skaters who don't want to skate with Eteri. This sucks because Trusova's heart is obviously still in it and she has oceans of untapped talent. 

There's not really a lot of coaches for top-athletes worldwide. Also there's a problem that there's one very strong team in Russia cuz all talented juniors want to go to that school now, if not for that who knows if we could have other competitive team (reminds me of time when all strong pair skaters went to Mozer and can't say it ended that well).

I hope he steps up and turns out to be a good choice for them.  It would be good to see Rusfed spread the candy around a bit.

from Daniil:

Yes, we can confirm with the coaching staff that Sasha is no longer training in our group. Her parents informed us about this. Each of our trainers talked with the athlete's parents on the phone. Personally, I could not talk with Sasha. She did not answer our phone calls.

(...)

We worry about everyone. They are all our athletes, and we support everyone as our relatives, because we spend more time with them than with anyone else in life. Therefore, to say that Sasha did not have enough attention ... This is absolutely not so. We spend with ice skaters almost all the time and give ourselves completely to work.

https://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/5010-daniil-glejkhengauz-trenerskim-shtabom-mozhem-podtverdit-chto-sasha-trusova-bol-she-ne-treniruetsya-v-nashej-gruppe.html