Team Russia

1 minute ago, Katt said:

Annual Russian off season drama again :drama: I'm surprised. I'm glad she leave Eteri but going to Plushenko is not promising either, on paper. I expected her GOE and PCS would go down, plus more UR calls. 

Hey, that’s our speciality, we don’t close down the business even when Covid 19 is raging! We are very dependable! 

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You ever watch his competition programs?! yeah he's no Hanyu, but he's heaps better than Tutberidze.

I honestly disagree.

But anyway, considering how it was with Tarakanova, I don't think that much will change in her training.

19 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

...tbh, if she's paying attention at all to what she can learn from someone like Plushenko, her GOE and her PCS should both go up - not just due to Rusflation, but as in, her performance and skills will actually improve. Plush might be many things,some good, some bad, but he definitely believes in refinement of skill and attention to detail, and that is what Trusova lacks right now. 

We already know that scores don't work like this, they depend on Fed and coach name. And too much details also is no good. Funny thing is Trusuva and Plushenko might have similar skating style relying on jump and charisma (though young Plush had much better flexibility and musicality).

1 minute ago, Paskud said:

I honestly disagree.

But anyway, considering how it was with Tarakanova, I don't think that much will change in her training.

Time will tell, in the end. A lot of it is up to the skater, too - the coach can lead them, but can't make them rink... :P 

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

I believe there were rumors that they even didn't want to send Kolyada abroad and it's not like Medvedeva got miracle results, so why bother and pay more (from Feds point of view)? Russian skaters depend on Fed cuz it's not like they pay themselves for all (at least if you're already in the team). And it's may be not possible to move abroad in current virus situation anyway.

Yes, I agree, they depend on the federation a lot and there are only very few skaters who are so established who can/could pay to train abroad (one is Medvedeva the other would be Zagitova - but she won't). Trusova is a different case.

8 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You ever watch his competition programs?! yeah he's no Hanyu, but he's heaps better than Tutberidze.

He wasn't really known to be good at details when he was a skater. Tutberidze knows IJS very well and uses the system while Plush is at disadvantage there (at least now). I think Sasha's GOEs and PCS will go down especially if she loses consistency.

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Hey, that’s our speciality, we don’t close down the business even when Covid 19 is raging! We are very dependable! 

I expect no less. Thank you for always delivering. Now, is Trusova gonna bring flower or Eteri gonna publish another poem ? 

2 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Funny thing is Trusuva and Plushenko might have similar skating style relying on jump and charisma

It's not clear to me that Trusova relies on charisma, I honestly think she thinks just jumping is enough. 

1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

He wasn't really known to be good at details when he was a skater.

When I compare my experience of watching him back in the day versus my experience of watching Trusova now, I can only conclude that there is an awful lot that she can learn from him in this department. 

2 минуты назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

It's not clear to me that Trusova relies on charisma, I honestly think she thinks just jumping is enough. 

That she might think, I just find her charisma in that jumping determination))

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But she is very intense on ice. With intense program (like Kill Bill) it creates good image.

19 minutes ago, Paskud said:

le mao

Thank you so much for the information.

Eteri Tutbridze will have to recruit somebody for her juniors, but I have always felt awkward with Sergei Rozanov, I don't know the reason (whether he didn't feel well in the team, or whether he had shortcomings).

On paper Pluschenko hasn’t had much coaching success, but this is a bit like Shoma going to Stephane- the jumps are already there, give her some choreography that suits her, and a bit of personal space and who knows?  I don’t regard him as an elegant performer any more than she is but he’s got bags of personality and so does she - he may bring that out while other coaches drill the technique.  Tarakanova -  I’m not that familiar with her but I got the vague impression that she was a somewhat flaky personality?   Trusova gives the impression of steely determination.  And Plushy might be keen to score some points off his critics.

5 минут назад, sallycinnamon сказал:

He wasn't really known to be good at details when he was a skater. 

But to be honest, I don't think a lot of skaters were good at details that time (it's hard to find time when you prepare for a jump across the rink).

9 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

When I compare my experience of watching him back in the day versus my experience of watching Trusova now, I can only conclude that there is an awful lot that she can learn from him in this department. 

The thing is, he is still to prove able to pass on such beauty. I sincerely hope he will manage, because if he fails with such a high profile as Alexandra Trusova (who "just" needs to recover from her long off-ice period now, to be again "the Alexandra Trusova", as she had, just before Worlds, recovered her stability after her growth spurt; and to be motivated to practice on skating skills, to become a great skater), she may well be the last promising skater to come to him.

I don't worry that much about her, because she's so much of a high profile and I think she may have a long career, that if she doesn't medal at Beijing, she has chances at Milano, with all other in-between and another coach.

2 minutes ago, Paskud said:

But she is very intense on ice. With intense program (like Kill Bill) it creates good image.

For me the things she's lacking are too glaring, and the intensity only highlights that. So it doesn't create a good image for me. I feel like she's flinging herself across the ice with a lot of effort and zero skill. It's a very immature skating style and although I'm not a skating coach, if I were, and she become my athlete, I would take her right back to the basics and re-teach her everything from scratch, with the goal of building a much better and more elegant skater. Of Eteri's current crop, Kostornaia is the only who I feel skates well enough to deserve her high standing, honestly.